StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alexmoi

I use rebel sim card 2. Looking on there site i noticed that they have a new service were you can DL a software to go get your unlock code directly into the phone instead of you having to send it to them so they do it at there end. Wasn't willing to send my streak through the mail. Anybody have anything to say about this new unlocking method? I'm thinking of trying it but wanted to know if anybody tried it or has an opinion about it.

Thanx ;)

Guest MrTheKLine

I dont know about anyone else but my battry life is absloutly terrable now usualy the streak will last a few days for my now i find it dieing in a few hours now.

I dont know about anyone else but my battry life is absloutly terrable now usualy the streak will last a few days for my now i find it dieing in a few hours now.

You must have something running, check spare parts, partial wake lock

Guest foxhoundep3

I agree, my battery is just draining quick!, I find myself charging it every five hours, android system iswhat has.the highest percentage," running" is what shows under spare parts. Launcher? Adwex...

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
I agree, my battery is just draining quick!, I find myself charging it every five hours, android system iswhat has.the highest percentage," running" is what shows under spare parts. Launcher? Adwex...

Same problem here. In spare parts it only shows android system and k9 mail. K9 I had with other builds wih the same settings but never had this problem.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all

Well after re calibrating my Battery in the Battery Left App and running v.1.6.1 for a few days my battery life has gone from 31hrs 37 mins to now giving me 34hrs 14mins the only problem i saw on this Rom was Seven kept FC but after reinstalling a newer version that fixed that problem. I did a straight upgrade from v.1.6.0 to v1.6.1. no resets or clearing anything with an empty .txt file on my SD card and as mentioned before i am seeing a Quadrant score of 2465 so for me its all been good. The only thing i have that may be different to others is i have only added about 30 apps maybe less really is better sometimes as i do find it quite strange the huge variations in users experiences running the same version on the same devcie.

Marc

Finally managed to put everything in order. 1.6.1 working but I still have an issue.

AdFree Android (that little app that frees us from those pesky ads) gives the following error:"CUnable to locate a partition to remount to write the hosts file to."

I did some research and, later, when trying out Button Remaper I got the following error message: "You do not have read/write access"-something. So I suppose this is from root. Is there any way I could get these 2 apps to work?

Guest mmmputch

Same problem here. Android system has almost 100 percent of my phones usage.

Finally managed to put everything in order. 1.6.1 working but I still have an issue.

AdFree Android (that little app that frees us from those pesky ads) gives the following error:"CUnable to locate a partition to remount to write the hosts file to."

I did some research and, later, when trying out Button Remaper I got the following error message: "You do not have read/write access"-something. So I suppose this is from root. Is there any way I could get these 2 apps to work?

Go back a few pages in this thread and read. What I said to fix it

Go back a few pages in this thread and read. What I said to fix it

Cheers fards.

Will quote here so people see

ok if you're on 161 there's some scripts steve stuck in system/bin that are causing the adfree and other issues.

in adb shell (or a term or whatever)

su

cd /system/bin

rm chmod chown df mv mount umount

Or alternatively delete

chmod chown df mv mount umount

using root explorer from /system/bin/

it should work better then

again cheers.

Edited by oppiz

Guest MrTheKLine

does anyone have any way of fixing the stupid bootloop, i tryed reflashing 1.6.1 again and it keeps bootlooping. I tryed puting freash files on it in case they where damaged.

I do on occasion see a quick flash of the first lock screen where you slide to unlock but then it goes back into the boot loop. This is getting very annoying trying to fix it my self so thanks for helping

EDIT: After an hour of leaveing it there in the bootloop i got something

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/1002850.jpg/

But that was frosen and i coudent do a thing poped out battry tryed restarting bootloop again

cerealbox.jpg

Edited by MrTheKLine

Guest foxhoundep3
does anyone have any way of fixing the stupid bootloop, i tryed reflashing 1.6.1 again and it keeps bootlooping. I tryed puting freash files on it in case they where damaged.

I do on occasion see a quick flash of the first lock screen where you slide to unlock but then it goes back into the boot loop. This is getting very annoying trying to fix it my self so thanks for helping

EDIT: After an hour of leaveing it there in the bootloop i got something

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/1002850.jpg/

But that was frosen and i coudent do a thing poped out battry tryed restarting bootloop again

cerealbox.jpg

that could prob explain the battery issue as well....

Guest MrTheKLine
that could prob explain the battery issue as well....

got it to boot on 1.1.1 (barely) and the battry was fine in the test and fine in 1.1.1 trying to boot it to 1.6.1 now

Guest edmunder

So far the build works great and you've really gave this phone new life Steve but my menu background is black along with the font, so it's difficult to see. I've been searching the forums for how to correct this but haven't found anything yet. Anybody know how to correct this? Sorry if this is in the wrong area or is a noob question.

Guest anthscorner
Same problem here. In spare parts it only shows android system and k9 mail. K9 I had with other builds wih the same settings but never had this problem.

Hi,

I wasn't running any app killers and the battery was excellent, I installed "system panel" app and the battery drain went through the roof. I removed it and everything returned to normal.

I seem to remember fards warning about "apps killers" and the impact they have on the android system, might explain the info back from spare parts.

Hope this helps.

Ta,

Anthony.

Guest romy singh

hie i was using 1.5.3 it was grt

but when i applied 1.6.1 it struckt at boot screen i waited about 45 mints but its not booting plzz help me to sort out this problem

i m REbel Sim User soo plzzzz

Thanking u...

Guest popetodd
hie i was using 1.5.3 it was grt

but when i applied 1.6.1 it struckt at boot screen i waited about 45 mints but its not booting plzz help me to sort out this problem

i m REbel Sim User soo plzzzz

Thanking u...

You need to read the threads.

First off, back down to 1.5.1.

Then after it boots ALL the way up go back into recovery and factory reset, then on the reboot (after it starts ALL the way up) go into Clockwork and reflash 1.6.1.

DO NOT factory reset in 1.6.1, IT DOES NOT WORK AND WILL CAUSE IT TO HANG/BOOT CYCLE!

And for gods sake read the whole thread here before posting, you should have already tried the steps that are posted earlier before adding another plea for a repost of the same information.

And yes, we do indeed expect you to read all 52 pages before crying for help.

Edited by popetodd

Guest baastien

Hi,

I've tried once again 1.6.1 (yes I'm stubborn !) cause in the end 1.6.1 will be very nice to me when I will handle with everything....

The only remaining problem is that every single web browser I use are crashing, not only miren (known issue) but android browser, opera and dolphin too... This is annoying...

Is there any suggestion to fix it ?

Cheers

Edited by baastien