StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alexmoi
You need to read the threads.

First off, back down to 1.5.1.

Then after it boots ALL the way up go back into recovery and factory reset, then on the reboot (after it starts ALL the way up) go into Clockwork and reflash 1.6.1.

DO NOT factory reset in 1.6.1, IT DOES NOT WORK AND WILL CAUSE IT TO HANG/BOOT CYCLE!

And for gods sake read the whole thread here before posting, you should have already tried the steps that are posted earlier before adding another plea for a repost of the same information.

And yes, we do indeed expect you to read all 52 pages before crying for help.

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lol. No matter how many times you read the 52 pages. If someone does the error of factory reseting in any way in 1.6.1 or 1.6.0 it a head ack and a half to get the 1.6.1 to not bootloop. A hint to that is the amount of people in the "52 pages" complaining that they did the factory reset in the 1.5.1 and even 1.5.0 and got nothing but a loop.

As for the other one with the rebel sim card. I had it a couple of weeks ago and had all these problems when it came to gps and other programs. I got it unlocked the other day with the rebel unlock in home software and everything works like a glove

Guest AndroidClone
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lol. No matter how many times you read the 52 pages. If someone does the error of factory reseting in any way in 1.6.1 or 1.6.0 it a head ack and a half to get the 1.6.1 to not bootloop. A hint to that is the amount of people in the "52 pages" complaining that they did the factory reset in the 1.5.1 and even 1.5.0 and got nothing but a loop.

As for the other one with the rebel sim card. I had it a couple of weeks ago and had all these problems when it came to gps and other programs. I got it unlocked the other day with the rebel unlock in home software and everything works like a glove

I don't know about the rest but factory reseting 1.5.1 after initial boot caused permanent boot loops in 1.6.1. I had to flash 1.5.1 Boot once then install 1.6.1 on top doing zero factory resets inbetween and it works just fine.

Guest mmmputch
Hi,

I've tried once again 1.6.1 (yes I'm stubborn !) cause in the end 1.6.1 will be very nice to me when I will handle with everything....

The only remaining problem is that every single web browser I use are crashing, not only miren (known issue) but android browser, opera and dolphin too... This is annoying...

Is there any suggestion to fix it ?

Cheers

I have been running 1.6.1 perfectly for a few days now and now I too am having this same issue. All of a sudden all my browsers are crashing. I reflashed 1.6.1 again and the problem seems to have been fixed however I am curious what happened. Anybody else have this issue?

Guest alexmoi
I don't know about the rest but factory reseting 1.5.1 after initial boot caused permanent boot loops in 1.6.1. I had to flash 1.5.1 Boot once then install 1.6.1 on top doing zero factory resets inbetween and it works just fine.

I've been able to upgrade to 1.6.1 with any version and it will work no problem. But if i factory reset even with 1.5.1...1.5.0....1.1.0 and i will get a boot loop when i install 1.6.1

P.S. Anybody getting Fc after installing remember to restart your streak a couple of times to get everything working great even apps already installed from earlier versions.

I have 2276 in quadran with everything stock and had 1656 in 1.6.0 after doing it 3 times in each version

Edited by alexmoi

Guest eastside770

what us build prop to use? if i want it to just like it is on 318... this is my first time flashin this rom. is there anything i need to do before i flash?

okay and if i have problem can i use qdl tool to get back to 318?

What can we do to stop people testing qdl as a cure all?

It's like anti biotics, used properly it's really powerful, but it can easily mess everything up!

Just flash the 309 recovery I posted, then update.pkg the 318 build

Guest baastien
I have been running 1.6.1 perfectly for a few days now and now I too am having this same issue. All of a sudden all my browsers are crashing. I reflashed 1.6.1 again and the problem seems to have been fixed however I am curious what happened. Anybody else have this issue?

Reflashing do not help. I wonder if wipe cache will be useful ? I'm desperately looking for solution.

Curiously browsers do not crash with modaco web site... But issue still exists with other web sites

Edited by baastien

fairly sure I've already said to change the libskia files to help with browser issues with facebook, try them for other sites, there's a thread some where if its not linked in this one

Contrary to how I should be feeling right now, I'm feeling nice..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4070958/libskia.zip extract the two files from that to /system/lib/

then change the permissions on them to 644 rw-r-r- (the same as the other libs in the folder)

Edited by fards

Guest baastien
fairly sure I've already said to change the libskia files to help with browser issues with facebook, try them for other sites, there's a thread some where if its not linked in this one

Contrary to how I should be feeling right now, I'm feeling nice..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4070958/libskia.zip extract the two files from that to /system/lib/

then change the permissions on them to 644 rw-r-r- (the same as the other libs in the folder)

Thanks a lot fards !

I found the both thread about libskia issues and it's all right now. The reasons why I haven't seen those threads before are that I don't use facebook that much and anyway when I tried it today, it worked.

with your two tweaks about SU issues and flash pluging issues, 1.6.1 is now just perfect !

thanks (and don't wanna hear about you give sometime sarcastic answer ;) )

Edited by baastien

Guest superutp

hmm...my battery life seems to have taken a beating off late...especially overnight....dropped from 98% to 83%..everything off...weird....time to investigate..nothing much reported in spare parts...must be some battery sucking app I installed...

Guest alexmoi
hmm...my battery life seems to have taken a beating off late...especially overnight....dropped from 98% to 83%..everything off...weird....time to investigate..nothing much reported in spare parts...must be some battery sucking app I installed...

Have same problem and i have advance task manager and noticed that the next morning Twitter... Youtube and a couple of other programs that i don't even use are running in the background

Latest version of adwex is very battery heavy by the look of things, lots of cpu time and the logs are showing beautiful weather is going beserk, despite having poling set at 16 hours..

Guest LorD CLockaN

Even I thought that ADW ex is draining battery..

I'm using only moon phase widget.. no beautiful or any other widgets.. and still battery doesn't last like before

I've found that using Juice Defender really helps with overnight standby, particularly if you use it to schedule a shutdown of wireless and GPS. Taking time to set polling intervals on ALL apps is another obvious one. I use Fancy Widget for weather, which seems to behave in this respect.

ADWEX doesn't seem too hungry on my Streak.

Guest superutp
Latest version of adwex is very battery heavy by the look of things, lots of cpu time and the logs are showing beautiful weather is going beserk, despite having poling set at 16 hours..

i use both adw ex as well as beautiful....cud possibly be the reason...

Guest superutp
I've found that using Juice Defender really helps with overnight standby, particularly if you use it to schedule a shutdown of wireless and GPS. Taking time to set polling intervals on ALL apps is another obvious one. I use Fancy Widget for weather, which seems to behave in this respect.

ADWEX doesn't seem too hungry on my Streak.

i switch all wireless controls manually making sure to switch them off before sleeping...

ya cud try out juice defender...heard quite a few good reviews abt it..

Guest kwiggins03
i switch all wireless controls manually making sure to switch them off before sleeping...

ya cud try out juice defender...heard quite a few good reviews abt it..

Why don't you just plug it up every night? Not that hard.

Guest MrTheKLine
Anybody else still having problems updating apps in the market?

The market is fine for me, come to think of it all the problems i had (Force closeings, battry, wifi) are gone now since i flashed it completely clean like it was new out of the box so.

Guest superutp
Why don't you just plug it up every night? Not that hard.

yup not hard at all...but I always thought batteries get messed up if you keep them continuously charged...thts how I screwed up the battery of my last two phone...actually for one of them the battery got a nice bulge at its centre resulting in breaking the back cover..

i cud be wrong though..;)