StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest aLpHa K7

Ever since I factory reset today and re-flashed 1.6.1, I keep getting stuck at the StreakDroid screen. The "by DJ_Steve" fades in/out for a bit then freezes and nothing else happens. Anyone know how to resolve this please?

Guest alexmoi
Ever since I factory reset today and re-flashed 1.6.1, I keep getting stuck at the StreakDroid screen. The "by DJ_Steve" fades in/out for a bit then freezes and nothing else happens. Anyone know how to resolve this please?

That's what you call a boot loop

Guest aLpHa K7
What version did you have before factory reset?

1.5.1 or 1.6.0. or something else??

I had 1.6.1 and I just read you can't factory reset 1.6.1... Unfortunately I don't have the .zip for 1.5.3 anymore on the SD so I have to wait till I get home before I can re-do things. The computers at work won't allow driver installs and I don't have my card reader to copy 1.5.3 to the SD

EDIT: I got back into my Streak now. Cleared the caches - factory reset from both Clockwork and the previous one (Dell?), reflashed and now I'm back in 1.6.0

I now remember why I switched from my iPhone - the screen is ENTIRELY too small for my hands

Mood: Relieved

Edited by aLpHa K7

Guest Spike8585

I am using ADW EX as a launcher, and when I set a wallpaper, it wants to select a 4:3 aspect selection, and it looks really bad. Can I change this? Or is this not part of the launcher, but 1.6.1?

Also, when I installed 1.6.1, I chose the transparent taskbar. Can I change this without reflashing?

thanks.

Guest trhildebrand96

I have tried searching for a solution, but to no avail. The Android Market keeps saying "Server Error" even when I have an excellent signal and the few times it does load it Force Closes. I have tried clearing the Dalvik Cache (from recovery), clearing the market cache, and rebooting numerous times. Does anyone have any suggestions? This just started in 1.6.1.

EDIT: If I need to go back down to 1.5.1, can I use an old Nandroid or do I have to completely reflash?

Edited by trhildebrand96

Guest dbjungle

I just rebooted once and was still having all the FCs. After that I went back to 1.5.1 and did a factory reset then went back up to 1.6.1. Little did I know a few more reboots might have fixed my problem. The new OS is cool, but I have no idea how to use perfmod and I'm really interested in it.

An interesting thing of note is that I can't use my My Backup Pro to recover my applications and settings. So basically I have been slowly bringing myself back up to speed. When I first had 1.5.1 I couldn't sign into Skype. I went up to 1.5.3 and it was fully functional. Now I have no Skype anymore. Anyone know any back up and restore products that work better than My Backup Pro when swapping versions? I used it when I first went to 1.5.1 with no problems. Maybe I need to go back to the Dell 2.2 version and try to recover. Any ideas?

Guest rabydanimal

On this and a few earlier builds I have noticed a couple of issues.

Sometimes when I unlock the phone it feels like the CPU isn't throttling up or something. Applications take forever to open and everything is generally very slow. This almost always happens when I take my phone off the charger in the morning and check my email. Sometimes it happens right after I finish a phone call.

Maybe once or twice a week the phone reboots on its own and gets stuck at the Dell logo. 9 times out of 10 I can just pull the battery or hold down the power button and it starts right back up. Sometimes I have to do a factory reset and even reflash the damn thing to get it back. I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue, like the battery cover gets loose or something.

Edited by rabydanimal

Guest Johnny82
Anybody else still having problems updating apps in the market?

I had a very similar problem with updating and downloading apps. I removed the Marketplace, redownloaded, restarted blah blah blah. Then I decided to remove the last program I had installed. Right after I did that the marketplace operation perfectly again. I downloaded the app that I had deleted again and have yet to have any of my problems return.

Guest 35354464

Well, i hope thay can fix the problem with Gameloft

I always got stuck when loading. :D

maybe this is a problem of writing data to RAM. ;)

i really hope they can release the update soon ;)

Updating once a week keeps my streak fresh :D

Guest frankquattrone

Is there a way to zoom the email using Tabmail? I have it installed and works fine with my gmail but I just can't zoom so most of the emails are too small to read. I tried on my girlriend's Tab and it uses the normal pinch gestures to zoom but no matter what I do on my Streak I can't do anything. Also, I've gotten some FCs on on Dell Launcher. I'm using Zeam though I did install Stage UI with 1.6.1. It's happened maybe 3 times and it doesn't seem like anything happens so maybe its not a problem but just wondering if anyone else has seen this. My install file:

stageui

tabmail

us160

zeam

Thanks.

Edited by frankquattrone

Guest Spike8585
I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue, like the battery cover gets loose or something.

I had a simular issue with shutting down, and I suspected it was hardware. Whenever I tapped on the back, on the camera side, it would shut down. I had just taken my streak apart though, and I doubt that that is the case with you.

eventually all that tapping must have knocked something back, cause it works perfect now.

All this to say, that in my troubleshooting process, I realized that the streak does not power down after you remove the back cover. Since 1.5.3 I think.

Guest LorD CLockaN
Steve's beta testing 1.7 right now - sadly I wasn't a chosen one . :D

Well I am ;)

Every beta keeps geting better and better ;)

Lots of news...!!

Guest User Error
Well I am ;)

Every beta keeps geting better and better ;)

Lots of news...!!

Damn Steve used to ask for testers and I'd volunteer but haven't seen a call for it in a while.

Guest Johnny82

I hope 1.7 boosts up the gaming speed! I prefer 1.6.1 to stock, everything is so fast! But the gaming is quite slow. When I run Dungeon Defenders on stock 318 its much faster. Either way, I am sticking with 1.6.1 until the next iteration comes out.

Guest superutp
I hope 1.7 boosts up the gaming speed! I prefer 1.6.1 to stock, everything is so fast! But the gaming is quite slow. When I run Dungeon Defenders on stock 318 its much faster. Either way, I am sticking with 1.6.1 until the next iteration comes out.

yup..I find gaming on 1.6.1 slower as well...