StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest suprajargon

ok so i have tried factory reset, and im still stuck...

so to recap, I flashed to the 1.6 and it worked fine...but i chose 240 nit and the icon sizes were just way too big. so i decided to edit the install.cfg file to adjust it.

I used:

stagegui

noffc

volboost

tabmail

us180

bios

as my text.

now when i boot, it just goes to the dell loading screen, and then black with the backlit on. I am unable to adjust the install.cfg file because i cant get to the gui to turn on the usb. I've tried to go into clockwork recovery and turn on the usb storage. but when i go into the partitions menu, and then choose mount usb storage, nothing pops up in windows... i hear windows make the sound like a usb device is connected but nothing shows up....

so im stuck... ive tried reinstalling the 1.6 several times and im still stuck...

help please :D

Guest stoney1973

so to recap, I flashed to the 1.6 and it worked fine...but i chose 240 nit and the icon sizes were just way too big. so i decided to edit the install.cfg file to adjust it.

I used:

stagegui

noffc

volboost

tabmail

us180

bios

as my text.

now when i boot, it just goes to the dell loading screen, and then black with the backlit on. I am unable to adjust the install.cfg file because i cant get to the gui to turn on the usb. I've tried to go into clockwork recovery and turn on the usb storage. but when i go into the partitions menu, and then choose mount usb storage, nothing pops up in windows... i hear windows make the sound like a usb device is connected but nothing shows up....

so im stuck... ive tried reinstalling the 1.6 several times and im still stuck...

help please :D

ok, when you hear the windows sound, have you checked 'computer' to see if the sdcard shows up?

Guest jnaldaco
Hello. I have a problem. After upgrade to 1.6 the volume go out only from front speaker. I have reenabled the fring support, can it be the cause?

Go to

setting

Sound

volume

Ringtone ( turn it up )

Guest D4rk084
Go to

setting

Sound

volume

Ringtone ( turn it up )

Ringtone is up. All sounds go out from front speaker so app so ringtone. I have same problem in rom 1.5.2 but when i uppgrade to 1.5.3 the problem magically resolved.

Edited by D4rk084

Guest the.mister.D

Hello Folks!

Just a quick question:

I know Mr. Steve mentioned that naming directory structure is case sensitive.

On my SDCard, there is already a directory called "Android" with capital "A". This directory has one sub folder called "data" and then it has some more folders within.

Will it create trouble if I were to still do the needful and try to flash it?

Help please!

Guest ho.angii
Hello Folks!

Just a quick question:

I know Mr. Steve mentioned that naming directory structure is case sensitive.

On my SDCard, there is already a directory called "Android" with capital "A". This directory has one sub folder called "data" and then it has some more folders within.

Will it create trouble if I were to still do the needful and try to flash it?

Help please!

you dont need to delete the folder at all. Just make a folder streakdroid within the Android folder and place the install.cfg file in the streakdroid folder and that should be fine. Make sure that it install.cfg and not install.cfg.txt if you have used notepad to create the options. I think what mr steve meant was that when typing in the options they are case sensitve.

If you delete the data folder wont cause any problems just that you will loose some save data like etc my need for speed shift saved data was cleared when I deleted the folder and now I have to start all over again

Guest suprajargon
ok, when you hear the windows sound, have you checked 'computer' to see if the sdcard shows up?

yes there is nothing there.... in device manager i can see an android device, but there is no file system associated with it...

Guest ho.angii
yes there is nothing there.... in device manager i can see an android device, but there is no file system associated with it...

Maybe use a friends phone and put ur micro sdcard in their phone and put the 1.5.3 update in the sd card and flash that update

Guest the.mister.D
you dont need to delete the folder at all. Just make a folder streakdroid within the Android folder and place the install.cfg file in the streakdroid folder and that should be fine. Make sure that it install.cfg and not install.cfg.txt if you have used notepad to create the options. I think what mr steve meant was that when typing in the options they are case sensitve.

If you delete the data folder wont cause any problems just that you will loose some save data like etc my need for speed shift saved data was cleared when I deleted the folder and now I have to start all over again

Gotcha!!

Thank you for the reply. Trying to flash it now!

Guest the.mister.D
Lol its all good. I had to learn the hard way haha. All the best mate

ho.angii,

All worked out good!

Thank you again!!

Mr. Steve!

Awesome build! Love the new install and the BIOS boot screen!

Great work!

I used:

stagegui

noffc

volboost

tabmail

us180

bios

as my text.

now when i boot, it just goes to the dell loading screen, and then black with the backlit on.

I have same issue with the Dell logo and black screen...no matter what I do with my cfg it wont get past that screen using official 1.6 release. But for some weird reason one of the testbuilds for 1.6 works fine, anything beyond testbuild 1.6-1 doesn't work.

Looking forward to update of official 1.6, Stephen. :D

Guest vinokirk

Ive done a few installs now, sometimes the install.cfg works, sometimes it doesnt.

First install it was:

adwlauncher

density140

bios
Density and bios took Second install was:
adwlauncher

density140
Density took. Third install was:
adwlauncher

density140
Nothing took. I wiped system/data/cache each time. Anyone else getting such problems? UPDATE: Tried a fourth time with:
adwlauncher

density140

And they both took.

Edited by vinokirk

Guest aLpHa K7
gps ok here

I'll try and see if a re-install sorts things out

EDIT: GPS works now, I forgot to clear the Dalvik cache, but I don't think that was to blame

Any way to increase the 720p record time from 30 seconds??

Edited by aLpHa K7

Guest pompeyboyz

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with density as whatever I do the icons are far too big if I use the install.cfg file.

I started off with the below;

adwlauncher

teetermod

bios

volboost

density180

and when I installed the icons were too big so changed density to 140. Same problem. I then removed the density from the install.cfg and it still was too big.

When I removed the install.cfg from the equation the density returns to normal.

I have tried removing the volboost and density lines from the install.cfg but it still does the same thing.

Aside from the density issue everything else is ok.

Any ideas guys?

PS. anychance of bringing Zeam launcher in for future builds as I have quite taken a liking to it.

Edited by pompeyboyz

Guest ho.angii
I seem to be having a bit of an issue with density as whatever I do the icons are far too big if I use the install.cfg file.

I started off with the below;

adwlauncher

teetermod

bios

volboost

density180

and when I installed the icons were too big so changed density to 140. Same problem. I then removed the density from the install.cfg and it still was too big.

When I removed the install.cfg from the equation the density returns to normal.

I have tried removing the volboost and density lines from the install.cfg but it still does the same thing.

Aside from the density issue everything else is ok.

Any ideas guys?

PS. anychance of bringing Zeam launcher in for future builds as I have quite taken a liking to it.

Remove the teetermod from the equation and I think your icons will return to normal. Teetermod requires density240 to operate. Dont add volboost also. Few post back mr steve that there was something wrong with it.

Guest anthscorner
Good work on the customizable setup Steve!

Anyway to get rid of this BIOS animation?

Hi, have you tried removing bios from install.cfg and redo the update?

Guest pompeyboyz
Remove the teetermod from the equation and I think your icons will return to normal. Teetermod requires density240 to operate. Dont add volboost also. Few post back mr steve that there was something wrong with it.

I actually tried that just before checking back and it seems to be the issue. I saw the volboost post from Steve so also removed that.

Now to play with density properly :D

Half the questions and issues are because people don't read the first post!

Steve has said volboost has issues, IT also doesn't have the latest tweaks, so you will not get the smart ass governer if you choose it, nor the kgsl 2D tweaks.