StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Half the questions and issues are because people don't read the first post!

Steve has said volboost has issues, IT also doesn't have the latest tweaks, so you will not get the smart ass governer if you choose it, nor the kgsl 2D tweaks.

Guest mmmputch
Half the questions and issues are because people don't read the first post!

Steve has said volboost has issues, IT also doesn't have the latest tweaks, so you will not get the smart ass governer if you choose it, nor the kgsl 2D tweaks.

Any ideas on when the tweaks will be integrated into the new rom? So I should not choose the smartass governer in set cpu? I would love to try the smartass governer and 2d tweaks.

Edited by mmmputch

Guest moto_user

i downloaded the update did the text file thing, placed it inside my android folder (Android btw) placed everything in my sdcard, when trying to flash, i get a (bad) install aborted, im thinking i need to update bb, ive updated bb when steve released 1.2 or something, any ideas?

thanks

edit: nvm, missed a sentence in the 1st pg, thanks anyways..

Edited by moto_user

Guest superutp

just flashed without the install file....flashed right over 1.5.3.....using smartass governor..quadrant scores 1st run 1600+ 2nd run 1900+///:P...everything works fine...atleast till now..:D

Guest BigBlue007

Found a little bug in the alarm clock app. Instead of the days ("Sunday", "Monday"...), only numbers (1-7) are displayed. Don't know if that's a new bug in 1.6.0 or if it was there before as well. Hadn't used the alarm for quite a while.

Guest superutp
Found a little bug in the alarm clock app. Instead of the days ("Sunday", "Monday"...), only numbers (1-7) are displayed. Don't know if that's a new bug in 1.6.0 or if it was there before as well. Hadn't used the alarm for quite a while.

shows the same mon,tue,wed.... for me....

Guest vinokirk
Ive done a few installs now, sometimes the install.cfg works, sometimes it doesnt.

First install it was:

adwlauncher

density140

bios
Density and bios took Second install was:
adwlauncher

density140
Density took. Third install was:
adwlauncher

density140
Nothing took. I wiped system/data/cache each time. Anyone else getting such problems?
Tried a fourth time with:
adwlauncher

density140

And they both took.

Guest TimoBeil

same here - but in 1.5.3 :D

Guest Stephen Hyde

agreed with fards here alot of these issues relate to not reading the first post properly, also

volboost causes issues and does no have latest tweaks please try to avoid using it for the moment

Any ideas on when the tweaks will be integrated into the new rom? So I should not choose the smartass governer in set cpu? I would love to try the smartass governer and 2d tweaks.

they are in the kernel.. in this rom, just not in the volboost kernel.

just select smartass. if you're using the volboost you wont get the option.

Guest pompeyboyz
agreed with fards here alot of these issues relate to not reading the first post properly, also

volboost causes issues and does no have latest tweaks please try to avoid using it for the moment

I think a small update on the OP just to explain that if you take the teetermod you can't select any other density. :D

This is a shame as I had a quick play with Teeter and it was great but can't have the 240 density :P

Guest BigBlue007
have you changed something ?

In terms of switches in install.cfg? I used the "stageui" and the "bios" switch. No other changes.

what language are you using ?

German. Your question made me just try to switch language to English, and now the days are displayed correctly. So obviously some sort of translation bug.

Guest PipoXtreme

Guys where in xda I can find something about smartass governor ? I dont find some really clear information about that .. And wtf is it this smartass governor ?! :D

Guest TheSacredSoul
Guys where in xda I can find something about smartass governor ? I dont find some really clear information about that .. And wtf is it this smartass governor ?! :D

"smartass governor - is based on the concept of the interactive governor.

I have always agreed that in theory the way interactive works - by taking over the idle loop - is very attractive. I have never managed to tweak it so it would behave decently in real life. Smartass is a complete rewrite of the code plus more. I think its a success. Performance is on par with the "old" minmax and I think smartass is a bit more responsive. Battery life is hard to quantify precisely but it does spend much more time at the lower frequencies.

Smartass will also cap the max frequency when sleeping to 352Mhz (or if your min frequency is higher than 352 - why?! - it will cap it to your min frequency). Lets take for example the 528/176 kernel, it will sleep at 352/176. No need for sleep profiles any more!"

Thats what I found.

Is selectable with setcpu in the latest 160, what you find in xda is the setcpu app.

Edited by zeiger

I think a small update on the OP just to explain that if you take the teetermod you can't select any other density. :D

This is a shame as I had a quick play with Teeter and it was great but can't have the 240 density :P

weird that is exactly what it says...

•Teetermod

( installs Teetermod edit to get HTC Teeter working, installs the app and a modified build prop with 240dpi lcd density )

Guest popetodd

Brilliant!

The smartass governor works a treat, I can get 1850+ in Quadrant without setting it explicitly to performance now so the new governor must be working fab.

Great job all!

And I love the installer, very nice addition to an already outstanding rom.

Guest wrightc88
they are in the kernel.. in this rom, just not in the volboost kernel.

just select smartass. if you're using the volboost you wont get the option.

If I reflash without the volboost option I should get the smartass governor in SetCPU correct?

Guest PipoXtreme
Is selectable with setcpu in the latest 160, what you find in xda is the setcpu app.

You mean the 2.1 xda version of setcpu ? Or really the old 1.6 version?

Guest superutp

I have been experiencing problems with setcpu on each build since 1.5.2 (including 1.6).....after 5 mins or so of it getting installed the UI starts reacting slowly....freezing for a sec and then normally working...and then freezing again...the effect is more noticeable on games for example fruit ninja where it results in a lag for a sec every 10 secs or so...

everything works fine once I uninstall setcpu

would anyone happen to know why this happens for me??

I have tried almost all versions of (2.10, 2.04, 2.02)and all of them have the same problem..

Edited by superutp