StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest killerbz
Awesome build Steve! This was brilliant. Love the Bios boot, too.

Two suggestions I'd have:

-Give option to use Stock Animations/set animation speed

-Make US setting use 3G indicator instead of H

Anyways, loving this and keep up the great work!

Edit: Also, any way to make bios in landscape mode?

Edit 2: With the following install.cfg:

launcherpro

volboost

tabmail

us120

bios

My settings bar is black on black (black text black background), making it hard to read. Not too big a deal, though :D

For "Make US setting use 3G indicator instead of H," do the following:

-Download the app "Root Explorer" for Market (it cost money but worth it)

-Open Root Explorer once installed and go down to a files named "system"

-Tap "Mount R/W" button at top of screen (may aready be selected, if so tap again until r/w shows to the left of the button

-Long Press (press and hold) the file "build.prop" and select "Open in Text Editor" from the bottum of the menu that pops up

-Look for "ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=0 (located in the "# other edits" section) and change the 0 to a 1, should now read "ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1"

-Tap your Dell Streak menu button

-Select "Save & Exit" from the menu that comes up

-Reboot

-Fixed

While your in there you can also change the dpi to another setting by altering the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=XXX"(XXXmeaning whatever your density is at right now), and fix the date format by altering the line "ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy" to "ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyy.

Guest parcsalooc

launcherpro

volboost

tabmail

us120

bios

My settings bar is black on black (black text black background), making it hard to read. Not too big a deal, though :D

Why would you want a 3G logo when you are picking up HSPA? It will change back when you are on a 3G only tower.

Guest anthscorner
Ah, great tip. Thanks!

Do you know what screen density was set for 1.1.1?

I used 160 for this, but everything looks huge.

Can I just go into the build.prop and change it to 240?

From memory 1.1.1 was 140, you change in build.prop file or just change the cfg and run the update again. :D

Guest killerbz
Why would you want a 3G logo when you are picking up HSPA? It will change back when you are on a 3G only tower.

I dont know if you are in the US, but for AT&T it is supposed to read 3G. It is cosmetic only.

I dont know if you are in the US, but for AT&T it is supposed to read 3G. It is cosmetic only.

the 3g is just smoke and mirrors... because most people in the US have no clue what HSPA even is. Personally i like to know if i'm on an HSPA connection vs 3G or Edge. carriers use the 3G becuase its well marketed, unlike the H (which TMo US actually is calling 4G)... but anyways... I like the H, much prefer it to the only 3g option. If i wanted a 3G i'd flash a stock rom...

I am also can't download or update anything from the Market. I can see all my apps on the Market and can uninstall them but I just can't reinstall them. I have cleared market data and force stopped the app through manage applications and have also cleared davlik-cache and rebooted.

my 1st install.cfg was

adwlauncher

us160

bios

I then reinstalled using install.cfg

adwlauncher

bios

and clearing davlik-cache

and still having download unsuccessful

Did you rename the android folder on your sdcard at all?

So, I did the update, and now my radio (phone/text/data) does not work.

Could somebody please tell me what I should be doing?

Do I flash 8105, then this one?

Thanks!

Did you choose the option for the older baseband version when installing?

Guest bek1977
Did you rename the android folder on your sdcard at all?

The first time I just put the install.cfg file in the a streakdroid folder and put that in the Android folder that was already on the card. I figured it was working because it did the new bios boot up and the build.prop was set up for US160.

I just now changed the Android folder to android lower case and it is doing the same thing.

The market shows I have updates but they won't download. I also used the build.prop from 1.5.3 and it is doing the same thing. I have to go to work and will try something when I get home.

Edit: I guess I just had to wait for the market to update on its own or it was just being weird because it its working now.

Edited by bek1977

Guest wrightc88

H means you are connected to "3.5G" When your in an area where "3.5G" is not available it will change back to 3G

Guest killerbz
H means you are connected to "3.5G" When your in an area where "3.5G" is not available it will change back to 3G

It is label you can switch, it does not change depending connection.

it should. reason it pretty much always shows an H is because AT&T jsut finished its upgrade plan that was to upgrade nearly all of their towers to "3.5G" aka HSPA. The build.prop setting enables the use of the H signal. I guess maybe it differes for the streak, but this is the way it was on my old tilt. Showed H most the time, on occasion 3g popped up, because it was truely 3g.

Guest wrightc88

Mine does when I'm driving to work in one specific area I only get the 3G icon. When I drive out of that area I then get the H icon again.

Guest killerbz
the 3g is just smoke and mirrors... because most people in the US have no clue what HSPA even is. Personally i like to know if i'm on an HSPA connection vs 3G or Edge. carriers use the 3G becuase its well marketed, unlike the H (which TMo US actually is calling 4G)... but anyways... I like the H, much prefer it to the only 3g option. If i wanted a 3G i'd flash a stock rom...

You got me there..ouch

If you like the 3G, which I do (no clue for this guy), you do not have to flash a stock ROM. You just have to make a very simple (if you know how to do it its simple) change to the very awesome ROM that Steve made.

Can't I be a dumb American?

You got me there..ouch

If you like the 3G, which I do (no clue for this guy), you do not have to flash a stock ROM. You just have to make a very simple (if you know how to do it its simple) change to the very awesome ROM that Steve made.

Can't I be a dumb American?

i suppose so, but just this once :D All comes down to personal preference... i know no need to flash a stock rom - me being a smart arse :P just a quick edit in the build prop. But i got all excited when these builds started making that change for me, so i don't want it to go back! (even though it is a simple change...)

Guest moto_user

Ok I really need help, I did everything on the first page, renamed my android folder in my sdcard with low case a, wiped dalvik cache, factory reset, when flashing 1.6.0, I get a installation aborted, is it because im using CW mod, I believe I need to flash a new bb, im currently using the 1.2+ bb, any help or anything im not doing correct, I also included nobb in the text file when flashing, still no luck.. Any help please..

Guest zeroshero
New mail client crash all the time and is not shown new emails.any idear ?

Same thing happens to me. I cleared the email cash and data and recreated all my exchange accounts. I still only get a couple of messages. None current.

Guest Melonman

Steve, I have sent you a beer token for all your hard work :D

Tabmail wouldn't work with my exchange account, had to back to original e-mail client :P

I still can't use wireless channels 12 & 13 (enabled in advanced settings) It would be nice to have this working .

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Mark

Guest ctopher2391
I'll try and see if a re-install sorts things out

EDIT: GPS works now, I forgot to clear the Dalvik cache, but I don't think that was to blame

Any way to increase the 720p record time from 30 seconds??

I am having GPS issues as well, it's hanging on "Searching for GPS". It has my location, but won't lock onto a satellite.

Tried Flashing 1.5.3 - still no GPS.

Cleared Dalvik cache, factory reset, flashed 1.6 - still no GPS.

I haven't been able to get the data working. I'm on At&t and I can make calls but I can't get data or manually enter them in. It says 'PreloadNetworkSetting is still at work. Please wait.' I have flashed the new baseband already but that still didnt work. I keep getting the same error message. Anyone have any tips?

I haven't been able to get the data working. I'm on At&t and I can make calls but I can't get data or manually enter them in. It says 'PreloadNetworkSetting is still at work. Please wait.' I have flashed the new baseband already but that still didnt work. I keep getting the same error message. Anyone have any tips?

check APN settings: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/streakdroi...tings-data.html

Same thing happens to me. I cleared the email cash and data and recreated all my exchange accounts. I still only get a couple of messages. None current.

And what happens when you hit the refresh button? :D

The thing is that I could not access the apn at all. When I tap apns it says 'PreloadNetworkSetting is still at work. Please Wait.' I got it fixed though. I just rebooted the phone into fastboot mode and flashed the amss a couple of times. Rebooted and reinstalled 1.6. It was scary but it worked. haha.

Guest Fone_Fanatic
I used the 'nobaseband' command in the install.cfg

I saw the dell logo split into two and reveal the StreakDroid logo.

I assume that means that the install.cfg took, as per the 'bios' command? correct?

Was it ok that I went from 1.1.1?

Thanks!

If you used the bios command, your boot animation should look like it does here

launcherpro

volboost

tabmail

us120

bios

Regarding your boot animation suggestions.

For adjusting the speed, each bootanimation.zip has to be adjusted (its a txt file within the zip) so if steve was to offer 3 different speeds, there would need to be 3 different bootanimation.zip's within the update. Up to steve if he wants to do that.

As for landscape. You would have to adjust each and every .png within the bootanimation.zip, for the bios there are 127 files. Now you can just edit the desc.txt and swap 800 480 with 480 800 but then it would be squished and stretched.

If you want to see what it looks like in landscape, go to the bios boot animation thread here then in the first sentence of the first post, theres a link to the original, flash the original and thats what it'd look like without editing each .png.