StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest MrPokeylope

I'm on my third attempt at updating now :lol:

None of the things in my install.txt seem to work bar teetermod, and the dpi was set to 240. Everything was HUGE. :) I thought it defaulted to 160? :)

Have removed the space from the top of the file now and trying again.

Hope I get gps working again too ;) navigator is being a little bitch. Ah... My streak is *special* isn't it?

thankyou so much for teetermod steve!

Edited by MrPokeylope

Guest rockymtnbri
Reboot usually fixes if not you need the fac reset route

I ended up having to do a reset then I did a restore, but because I moved my apps over to my SD card, after the restore I have to reinstall those apps. A pain, but what can you do.

Fantastic build!!! Speed is fantastic.... :lol:

:) Only problem I found is with voice dialing. After approximately 7-8 or so uses of voice dial the phone reboots.

If you try to use bluetooth voice dial, the Bluetooth voice dial box appears, says "Starting...", and goes no further, the line through the microphone never goes away.

install.txt settings in the root directory of the sdcard were bios,us160, and tried with and without volboost.

Cleared cache and dalvik cache

Went back to 1.6.0 for now.......

Guest Spike8585

So, still big problems for me.

I cannot load an old ROM, because I cannot connect my SD to the computer to transfer the file.

I dont have a reader, usually just used the streak.

Can I mount my SD through the 'partitions menu' in clockwork?

If so, how?

Thank you for any help!

Tried to go from 1.6 straight to 1.61 but was getting stuck at the StreakDroid boot logo so now I'm trying to follow the 'fix' by flashing 1.51 but keep getting installation aborted (bad)

Any ideas?

Guest stryfe604

I went from 1.5.3 to 1.6.1. Everything went fine off the draw, loaded and then started fine. I went to factory reset and now cant get past the new load up screen. Any ideas anyone?

I cannot load an old ROM, because I cannot connect my SD to the computer to transfer the file.

If so, how?

Thank you for any help!

Flash Mistadaman's recovery image...theres a 'mount your sd card to pc' option in there!

Guest jnovello

I have had no issues the past 5 or so upgrades, but this one gave me some trouble. I used the add bios splash for the first time and it got caught in a loop with the new animation. I had to do factory reset and go back to 151 and then to 161. Everything else is ok though. Thanks Steve.

Guest bhull521

I tried to flash over perf3 and got boot loop. I went back to 31800. After reading the instructions on streakdroid I flashed 151 then 161 and booted no problems. I will go the set up now and see what happens.

Guest alexmoi

If so, how?

Thank you for any help!

Do yourself a favor for the future and buy a usb card reader from bestbuy. They are just under 20$ :lol:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/igo-ig...143487243b6en02

Guest Toney 2008

After flash to 1.6.1, some commands seemed not working.

I tried to run "chmod", it only gave me a message "Toolbox!" and did nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest kirkla79

For what it is worth for those having boot loop issues, I noticed that when I installed 1.6.1 it looped a couple of times before going to the unlock screen. I always just let it go for 20 minutes before giving up.

I went though 1.5.1, fac restore, then 1.6.1 with bios, tabmail, us160 for install.txt

My only issues so far:

1. It installed adw, no big deal but I prefer to go back and forth with adw ex and launchpro plus.

2. Was unable to connect to wireless, but fixed by reestting wireless router (had same issue when I first installed 2.2).

3. Adfree gives "Unable to locate a partition to remount to write the hosts file to." error.

Guest TheSacredSoul

Having problem with Market. It keeps showing Server error. When I presss Menu and then "My Apps", it goes to my downloaded apps and then just force closes. Anyone have similar problem? I am really trying to avoid a fac reset since everything works fine :lol:

Guest jnaldaco
Having problem with Market. It keeps showing Server error. When I presss Menu and then "My Apps", it goes to my downloaded apps and then just force closes. Anyone have similar problem? I am really trying to avoid a fac reset since everything works fine :lol:

Reboot that took care of all my force closes.

Guest TheSacredSoul
Reboot that took care of all my force closes.

Rebooted at least 5 times.

Cleared Market data.

Uninstalled Market Updates.

Nothing works :lol:

Guest TheSacredSoul
Did you try: go into clockwork recovery >clear cache

Yep. Installed 1.6.1 all over again even. Didnt work. Im gonna factory reset. Just flashed 1.5.1 and booting. Factory reset as in the one in the Dell page right? Not clockwork?

Guest jnaldaco
Yep. Installed 1.6.1 all over again even. Didnt work. Im gonna factory reset. Just flashed 1.5.1 and booting. Factory reset as in the one in the Dell page right? Not clockwork?

Yup, clockwork