Main Use of your Vega

Guest ashbash

Guest ashbash
Can you get Dolphin HD on your desire? If so you can change the settings to make the interweb think it is a pc, hey presto get the full websites

Yeh thats just one of the issues I was talking about, my main gripe was the size of the screen, a desire's 3.7" screen is not suitable for long periods of browsing, a vega is much better and more comfortable.

CHeers

Ash

Guest warriorscot

There is a fair few 10" tablets about you can buy them in Tesco or Asda they are pretty rubbish for the most part using only android 2.1 but they do browse the internet.

Hmm - most of the options !!

Home - browsing / email when in the lounge or kitchen (good old Delia online); streaming music from NAS through sounddock; games; streaming photos as a digital photo frame

Travel (work) - browsing / email, watching movies from USB drive, showing off

Travel (personal) - browsing / email, watching movies from USB drive in car, location (via HDMI) or on its own, largest screen of any satnav

Others - using TV guide & setting Sky+ when I forget; managing websites (HTML editor & FTP manager)

Guest Prosody

RE : Newspaper style news, on the desktop I've been using feedly to present my google reader items like a newspaper/magazine however it relies on a Browser plug-in to do it, I have read that Android compatibility is in their plan. Can't wait. ;)

EDIT : Just going to test bloglines to see how that looks on the tablet. :)

EDIT 2 : Ahhhh booo, the desktop version of the site looked nice but the scroll bars didn't appear so it was in effect useless. :D

Edited by Prosody

Guest Prosody

Sorry for another post but I've just found an app (had to get the apk off my Android phone) called Pulse News Reader which I think will replace news rob for me.

Doesn't support google reader but is quite nice and slickly presented so I'll make do with re adding some of my feeds.

If Pulse had Google Reader sync it would be amazing!

Guest Bobbler
Sorry for another post but I've just found an app (had to get the apk off my Android phone) called Pulse News Reader which I think will replace news rob for me.

Doesn't support google reader but is quite nice and slickly presented so I'll make do with re adding some of my feeds.

If Pulse had Google Reader sync it would be amazing!

Huh?

There is a Google Reader source on the application. Not sure what you mean?

Been using this app on my phone for a long time, by far the slickest RSS feed reader I have found.

Guest Sanddancer75

I've clicked the browsing option, but everything else is a close second. Watching video subscriptions in YouTube, gaming, news, music while relaxing in the bath. I'm in the middle of fixing my NAS, so I'll be looking forward to streaming stuff again soon & hopefully video chat with my lass on hers when Skype get round to it.

Anything that gets me out of watching the likes of Eastenders on TV with my other half!

Guest Bobbler

the other thing I have to say is that I really LOVE the untethered browsing experience. A laptop (even our fairly small HP thing) doesn't come close in terms of battery life and "pick up and play".

I can literally use it all night from when I get home - maybe 6 hours or so and not have to go hunting for a charger after browsing my favourite sites, taking in some Youtube, a bit of radio, reading some PDFs/eBooks and hacking about trying new apps.

Guest Prosody
Huh?

There is a Google Reader source on the application. Not sure what you mean?

Been using this app on my phone for a long time, by far the slickest RSS feed reader I have found.

So there is, it was late last night and I expected it to be in options. Found it now cheers. Brilliant reader!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to read magazines on the Vega, but I couldn't find a decent reader.

I tried EzPDF reader, Adobe reader, Aldiko2.0, Quick Office but when I zoom in, each has a problem with rendering pages. Jagged font edges, and huge impact on image quality.

Anyone has a solution to read HQ PDF magazines on the Vega?

Edited by Ter4a

Guest WHITLOCK

I have two, one is kitchen based and used for scanning food as it leaves the fridge / cupboards and adding to shopping basket using the Occado app. Its also used for internet radio, watching films, iplayer etc and reading recipies whilst cooking. The other vega is more mobile and used as the remote control for home automation goodies (NB the kitchen one can be as well but for some reason seems to stay there). Telldus tellstick with homeasy mains sockets / lighting etc some RF TRV's on radiators and one wire temperature sensor set up meaning the vega controls everything apart from the kitchen sink. It works brilliantly next steps are some case moding in a steampunk vein for the mobile one I want to try and build the kitchen one into the fridge door and maybe another vega flush mounted into the wall of the lounge or a dock built in.

Guest warriorscot
I have two, one is kitchen based and used for scanning food as it leaves the fridge / cupboards and adding to shopping basket using the Occado app. Its also used for internet radio, watching films, iplayer etc and reading recipies whilst cooking. The other vega is more mobile and used as the remote control for home automation goodies (NB the kitchen one can be as well but for some reason seems to stay there). Telldus tellstick with homeasy mains sockets / lighting etc some RF TRV's on radiators and one wire temperature sensor set up meaning the vega controls everything apart from the kitchen sink. It works brilliantly next steps are some case moding in a steampunk vein for the mobile one I want to try and build the kitchen one into the fridge door and maybe another vega flush mounted into the wall of the lounge or a dock built in.

That's both impressive and a little frightening.

Guest terminaljunkie

Computer Based Training (CBT's).

Converted to AVI and watched as I get time...fantastic tool for that purpose as light & long battery life.