Acer released a patch for Liquid E to improve overall performance

Guest kenelm

Guest hkstacker

I copied the update.zip and image folder to my sd card, turned the phone off, now it wont even turn on? Might be a fluke.....I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, tried plugging it in, no power. Any thoughts?

Ended up plugging the sd card into my laptop and deleting the two files, then the phone booted right up.

this is on a liquid e with 2.75 metal

Edited by hkstacker

Guest Edward.W
I copied the update.zip and image folder to my sd card, turned the phone off, now it wont even turn on? Might be a fluke.....I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, tried plugging it in, no power. Any thoughts?

Ended up plugging the sd card into my laptop and deleting the two files, then the phone booted right up.

this is on a liquid e with 2.75 metal

What image file did you put into the sd card? ;)

Guest hkstacker

the image folder, that is in the zip file....I'll just copy the update.zip to the phone...forgive me, I don't have a lot of experience with applying patches etc.

edit: copied update.zip to root of sd card, phone won't turn on.

Edited by hkstacker

Guest xaueious

Flashed the patch to LCR 1.1.2 with koud's update.zip...

MD5 of init.rc, init.salsa.rc and default.prop stay the same. No clue how this patch works or if it was patched at all.

My Linpack is 28.8 now (up from 26 ish, but that's not really any different)

Quadrant went from 880 to 900

Basically I notice nothing. Less than 10% difference in scores = not noticeable.

After flashing,

uname -a

Linux localhost 2.6.29 #2 PREEMPT Tue Oct 5 01:50:22 CST 2010 armv7l GNU/Linux

I'm thinking there is some good stuff in the .so files, but I'm too lazy to check because LCR works too damn well.

Edited by xaueious

Guest Edward.W
Linpack before flashing - about 26.5

After flashing... it's only 25?

that can't be determined the performance after applying the patch ;)

Maybe run a few times to get an average result

Guest jayziac

Just to clarify, the first post has the full update.zip, then koudelka stripped it down to a lesser version. What was the reason for this? Would the full update work on a FroyoMetal running on an A1 device like mine?

Guest HustlinDaily
the image folder, that is in the zip file....I'll just copy the update.zip to the phone...forgive me, I don't have a lot of experience with applying patches etc.

edit: copied update.zip to root of sd card, phone won't turn on.

Did you use Koud's update or the one in the first post?

Guest Alvan Yap

flashed the new rom for ferrari, still feel very lag on the default launcher (but much more smooth after switch to Go launcher), quadrant score increase from <700 to between 850 ~ 1000 which is appx same with Metal Froyo's performance ;) but i miss the acer Shell 4.0...is that anyway to install on top of ferrari rom?

Guest Master_T
Linpack before flashing - about 26.5

After flashing... it's only 25?

Linpack benchmarks the performance of the hardware, it is no indicator whatsoever when it comes to smoothnes of the ROM/UI. "Performance updates" do not magically make your cpu faster, simply they optimize the rom so it runs smoother on the same hardware.

Edited by Master_T

Guest koudelka
Just to clarify, the first post has the full update.zip, then koudelka stripped it down to a lesser version. What was the reason for this? Would the full update work on a FroyoMetal running on an A1 device like mine?

I don't have acer ui and I am not sure the frameworks in this update would work then. But because I wanted to see if the kernel made any difderence I decided to modify updatescript to only install that. But seems perfprmance update is only in framework/apps ( as I suspected)

Guest fischschneehase

after some testings i can say it makes a big difference;)

i flashed back the stock rom and tested a bit tried to play 3d games performance etc...

after this i flashed the update.

and seeeeee better !!!! realy much better 3d games like hero of sparta run fine now without oc ^^;)

and i got an a1 :)

so for me everything fine with this update:)

until the next cust rom will get realesed XD^^

Guest HustlinDaily

Can somebody please modify the update-script/zip to not change the recovery? I would but I don't know how.

Edited by HustlinDaily

after some testings i can say it makes a big difference;)

i flashed back the stock rom and tested a bit tried to play 3d games performance etc...

after this i flashed the update.

and seeeeee better !!!! realy much better 3d games like hero of sparta run fine now without oc ^^;)

and i got an a1 :)

so for me everything fine with this update:)

until the next cust rom will get realesed XD^^

You have flashed the full patch of Koud's one ?

Please, could you run a nandroid backup and provide me the system.img and boot.img that are produced.

This way i could be able to integrate everything in LCR (after some work on resultant files of course).

Thank you

Guest L0cu7us
Yes but you have to reflash apps to sd patch after flashing the update;)

if i reapply the apps2sd patch, isn't lost the new boot.img since it overwrite the new one ?

edit: and also dhd.ko (wifi) isn't working anymore since it was for the "performance" kernel ;-)

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest Lens_flare

malez

fix is update.zip file. Why didn't you use unpacked files? Boot, system components.. just the same?

Edited by Lens_flare

malez

fix is update.zip file. Why didn't you use unpacked files? Boot, system components.. just the same?

in the zip file there are .p files wich are patches to the original ones.

malez needs the patched files (with patch applied and without the ending .p)