Acer released a patch for Liquid E to improve overall performance

Guest kenelm

Guest fear_factory84

Does someone have tested proximity sensor after the patch?

In particular I need to know if android system uses a big percentage of battery if prox sensor is enabled.

Rating stars in market are fixed?

Guest Dario93
Does someone have tested proximity sensor after the patch?

In particular I need to know if android system uses a big percentage of battery if prox sensor is enabled.

Rating stars in market are fixed?

Rating stars not fixed

Guest Dario93
can i apply this patch to a MIUI 1.1.14 with 4.005.05.AAP.GEN2_A22F (lastest bin?) ?

sorry if is a stupid question lol

regards

Nop,this fix works only with 4.002.14 Acer based ROMs ;)

Guest luca.crt
anyone know if the koud patch for a1 work also on t&l WITH app2sd patch applied ?

thanks !

I applied the patch on the t&l with app2sd and function perfectly

Guest studjuice
Can somebody please modify the update-script/zip to not change the recovery? I would but I don't know how.

I made this which might work for ya,

http://www.mediafire.com/?6e26lejxsmiaaoo

It's the update from the first post, but with the recovery taken out, and the 'checks' that it does before it patches

Edited by studjuice

Guest jayziac

Thanks, I just flashed this on my Liquid A1 running FroyoMetal ROM v2..5 and no problems. It kept Malez recovery 0.6.1 intact. Maybe it's a little faster, or maybe it's just a placebo effect. Anyway it didn't hurt.

Edited by jayziac

Thanks, I just flashed this on my Liquid A1 running FroyoMetal ROM v2..5 and no problems. It kept Malez recovery 0.6.1 intact. Maybe it's a little faster, or maybe it's just a placebo effect. Anyway it didn't hurt.

Must be a placebo effect.

If you look in detailed logs while applying the patch (here on LCR-F 2.0), you will se patch is not applied on files because they don't mach the required source files :

applying patch to /system/framework/ime.jar

source file is bad; trying copy

failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory

failed to read copy file

applying patch to /system/framework/input.jar

failed to read copy file

applying patch to /system/framework/javax.obex.jar

failed to read copy file

and so on....

On screen you see no error and eveything looks OK

even boot can not be patched if it is no exactly the original boot from 4.003.17.AAP.FET

If have compared md5 before and after applying the patch : they are definitly exactly the same

Moreover permissions on system/sbin are broken after applying the patch and you have to restore them manually.

Plese, any one who patched 4.003.14.AAP.FET, provide a nandroid, so i could adapt it for EMEA

Edited by malez

Guest studjuice

I see, so that would mean that kouds patch doesn't patch the boot unless it's 4.003.17.AAP.FET

I'd be more than happy to get you the files you need, but I can't find the 4.003.17.AAP.FET rom

EDIT:

after looking through the log, i noticed the patch does successfully patch 3 files: libcameraservice.so, libmedia.so, libmedia_jni.so.

so it's not completely useless for now!

Edited by studjuice

Guest spacetwo

I should like to patch my A1 with koouds patch. But the patchinstaller say „failed to verify whole-file-signature“, the installation aborts.

I have experimental tested the installation with the original Acer patch file. The patch installation starts but where fails with another reason (/dev/… not found)

Installed is the 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256_bin on my Liquid. Can anyone help me to fix the trouble reason?

Thanks Thomas

Guest Tunestal

How do you apply the original patch released by Acer?

The only instructions I find are in chinese.

I understood the pictures from the instuctions that I should copy the files to root of SD-card.

I then tried to reboot, but nothing special happened it booted like normal and the version still said .14...

Any suggestions?

Guest HustlinDaily

Get into recovery and flash the .zip.

Turn off the phone.

Hit Power+Volume Down+Camera. Phone should vibrate 2-4 times. Release. Then press Power+Camera and it should boot into recovery where the patch will be flashed.

Guest Tunestal
Get into recovery and flash the .zip.

Turn off the phone.

Hit Power+Volume Down+Camera. Phone should vibrate 2-4 times. Release. Then press Power+Camera and it should boot into recovery where the patch will be flashed.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using Malez, but the Flash is not succesful. "ro.build.fingerprintE: unknown command.

Then it says installation aborted. I have tried unmounting FS as it says but no help...

Anyone have a work around for this?

Do I apply Koudalas in the same way?

Guest Tunestal
try removing the check for ro.build.fingerprint in the updater-script

I'm as u probably have noticed quite new into this. But where do I find the updater-script, the only files I find are just yibberisch when opening them in e.g. notepad.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Guest studjuice

it's in META-INF\com\google\android

open the updater-script in a wordpad like program (i use notepad++ instead of notepad)

remove the

assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "acer/a1_fet/a1/salsa:2.2/MASTER/1290497606:user/release-keys" ||

file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "acer/a1_fet/a1/salsa:2.2/MASTER/1294229983:user/release-keys");
possibly may need to remove
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "a1" ||

getprop("ro.build.product") == "a1");

if it still doesn't flash

Edited by studjuice