Yes! Yes! We got it! ZTE-U V880 ROM (UNI_CN_V880 1.1)

Guest Weird Sun

how to install it? will it be release to clockwork?

It should work with Clockwork because of the updater-script just copying over to my Blade and see how it goes.

Guest kallt_kaffe
It's a month newer than the last leak we got. November as opposed to October...

But almost a month older than the Japanese Softbank ROM so it may not be the "perfect" ROM everyone has been waiting for. On the other hand it it's not Wednesday so there is still hope. ;)

how to install it? will it be release to clockwork?

It should work with Clockwork because of the updater-script just copying over to my Blade and see how it goes.

Guest DonJamal
FAIL It won't even work in clockwork, I probably something in the updater-script. Investigating...

thanks...i guess ill wait for a clocwkork release ;)

FAIL It won't even work in clockwork, I probably something in the updater-script. Investigating...

I've attached the updater-script to see if someone can bring some light to this.

First I got a Syntax Error in Clockwork then edited, then said opening update package and went back to Clockwork Homesreen. Any help would be appreciated.

updater_script.zip

Edited by Jekle

Guest fonix232
Does it just go blank after the Green Android Robot?

Nope, simple bootloop before even starting the adb daemon, so no log yet :S

I will try with the original boot.img (I am now with JJ7 boot.img).

Nope, simple bootloop before even starting the adb daemon, so no log yet :S

I will try with the original boot.img (I am now with JJ7 boot.img).

I'm trying to use Jap Jelly r7 updater-script now. I haven't try Jap Jelly r7 boot.img yet try using the updater-script and boot.img from jj r7

Guest fonix232
I'm trying to use Jap Jelly r7 updater-script now. I haven't try Jap Jelly r7 boot.img yet try using the updater-script and boot.img from jj r7

Updater script is from there, and boot image too, I will try with only the script now, maybe...

Have you noticed that the original stock V880 boot image is 5MB?

Updater script is from there, and boot image too, I will try with only the script now, maybe...

Have you noticed that the original stock V880 boot image is 5MB?

Yeah i have, slightly bigger than JJ R7, when i downloaded the unicom-dump i noticed that the recovery was the same too

Yeah i have, slightly bigger than JJ R7, when i downloaded the unicom-dump i noticed that the recovery was the same too

Just tried the JJ r7 updater-script and just says finding update package, opening update package and goes to Clockwork Homescreen

Guest fonix232
Just tried the JJ r7 updater-script and just says finding update package, opening update package and goes to Clockwork Homescreen

For me it almost flashes without a problem, at the end it can not flash boot image (assert fail Error 7). I guess we need someone else for it :S

For me it almost flashes without a problem, at the end it can not flash boot image (assert fail Error 7). I guess we need someone else for it :S

I've noticed update-binary in the META-INF folder same place as updater-script what about trying that?

But almost a month older than the Japanese Softbank ROM so it may not be the "perfect" ROM everyone has been waiting for. On the other hand it it's not Wednesday so there is still hope. ;)

Some of the apps in the old Chinese beta appeared to be more recent versions than in the Japanese Softbank rom. I've been replacing the Launcher2 & QuickOffice apks from your jap jelly rom with the versions from Paul's rom. Launcher2 in Pauls modaco rom has more home screens than Jap Jelly.

Maybe Softbank did their own modifications on an older version from ZTE, it's not as simple as just checking the date.

Guest DonJamal

what if that system.tart.gz would be extrated and overwrited in the JJR7 and the same with boot.img and metainf folder ?

Edited by DonJamal