Yes! Yes! We got it! ZTE-U V880 ROM (UNI_CN_V880 1.1)

Guest Weird Sun

But almost a month older than the Japanese Softbank ROM so it may not be the "perfect" ROM everyone has been waiting for. On the other hand it it's not Wednesday so there is still hope. ;)

I think some people still have it in their head that we needed a chinese production release, as you know that became irrelevant once we got the Japanese release unless the chinese one proved to be newer which it doesn't seem to be.

Guest fonix232
I think some people still have it in their head that we needed a chinese production release, as you know that became irrelevant once we got the Japanese release unless the chinese one proved to be newer which it doesn't seem to be.

What I want from this release is multi-lang. Even if the Japanese build is newer, this supposed to have full European language support (Greek, Hungarian, Spanish, etc).

And also, those cool ZTE stuffs too ;)

Guest Rotmann
I thought this rom was supost to be perfect

Patience my friend, we still have time till Wednesday ;)

On the other hand, is this chinese version 100% similar to the european blades, on the hardware side?

Guest fonix232

On the other hand, is this chinese version 100% similar to the european blades, on the hardware side?

Nope, it has only 256MB of RAM, and a separate OEM partition (built-in SD card?)

Guest custard tart

next wednesday?what does it mean?

Guest Arr Too

Here are the interesting bits from build.prop:

ro.build.version.release=2.2

ro.build.date=Tue Nov 16 16:18:16 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=P729CUV1.0.0B07

ro.build.display.id=UNI_CN_V880 1.1

There is no "ro.com.google.gmsversion" specified. ;) Stagefright is all off, HW accel off, VM heap 24m.

Guest fonix232

ro.build.display.id=UNI_CN_V880 1.1

There is no "ro.com.google.gmsversion" specified. ;) Stagefright is all off, HW accel off, VM heap 24m.

Except Stagefright, everything is stock... Looks like our chinese friends got the message from the custom ROMs :)

Guest Sebastian404

ro.build.display.id=UNI_CN_V880 1.1[/code]

It does only have 256mb....

Tho who knows, maybe its another Hungarian special

I got it to boot! Sort of. I used a update-script generator from the xda forum the default boot.img is apparently to big, so i used the jj r7 boot.img went through to clockwork process with no errors. But now its stuck at the Green Android Robot. :-(

Edited by Jekle

Guest Arr Too
the default boot.img is apparently to big

No, it's just a complete dump of the partition (so it needs repacking). But we can't use that kernel as it's built to the wrong address for our Blades (same reason we can't use the Japanese kernel).

Guest whatcolour
I got it to boot! Sort of. I used a update-script generator from the xda forum the default boot.img is apparently to big, so i used the jj r7 boot.img went through to clockwork process with no errors. But now its stuck at the Green Android Robot. :-(

Thought the MCR kernel from Paul's latest rom should work?

Same as yours, not getting past green android (bootloop, before adbd was started).

With JJ7 kernel

whatcolour suggested MCR Kernel would that work?

Edited by Jekle

Guest daerragh

Can anyone explain in layman terms why we have to use a different kernel, not the stock one? I thought that both phones are identical.

Edited by daerragh

Guest Arr Too
Can anyone explain in layman terms why we have to use a different kernel, not the stock one?

Like the Japanese ROM, the kernel seems to be setup for a different RAM layout to the Blade. There might be a way in which our Blades can be reconfigured to a compatible layout (perhaps via something like the Hungarian update), but we just don't have the information on how to make such low-level changes. And kallt_kaffe has looked into hacking the kernel to use our layout and he says it's not feasible (too many changes needed, with no guarantee that we would be able to make only the correct changes).