Yes! Yes! We got it! ZTE-U V880 ROM (UNI_CN_V880 1.1)

Guest Weird Sun

Like the Japanese ROM, the kernel seems to be setup for a different RAM layout to the Blade. There might be a way in which our Blades can be reconfigured to a compatible layout (perhaps via something like the Hungarian update), but we just don't have the information on how to make such low-level changes. And kallt_kaffe has looked into hacking the kernel to use our layout and he says it's not feasible (too many changes needed, with no guarantee that we would be able to make only the correct changes).

Does this mean we are reaching the pinnacle of ROM making for the blade?

Guest Sebastian404

Im not sure why people are having so many problems with this...

I took the stock dump, replaced the KERNEL with a self complied version... and its booting up fine...

Of course the RIL is wrong so no radio...

-Horrible customized Lock Screen.

-Tethering & portable Hotspot enabled

-VPN Settings enabled

That guy was right... the PERFECT ROM .... (if your can read/write Chinese and have no friends to call)

Edited by Sebastian404

Can you not upload?

Is there any point in wasting the bandwidth?

I would think anyone who can troubleshoot RIL etc could get it to boot easily themselves like Seb did.

Hope everyone's not busy.... A LOT of work to be done before Wednesday it seems!

Guest Sebastian404

I'm busy working on something else... but really.. I'm not really sure if I'd want to mess about with this.

Its an older build than the Japanese rom, it seems to of had a lot more customization to be removed, and we are still going to have the RIL problems that the other devices have....

Maybe I'll wait for the next Perfect Scandinavian ROM on Wednesday

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest DonJamal

I took the stock dump, replaced the KERNEL with a self complied version... and its booting up fine...

-VPN Settings enabled

That guy was right... the PERFECT ROM .... (if your can read/write Chinese and have no friends to call)

i dont think that this rom would be as bad as that u can not call and etc... i dont think they sales the phone with wrong froyo..maybe thats the prob that u (not personally u... and no offense...good thing that u are workin on froyo) are changin everythin..like kernel, and editing the script and so on...maybe if we got the rom somehow to work with clockwork, or anything else to flash this dump i guess it would work fine...

Guest Frankish
i dont think that this rom would be as bad as that u can not call and etc... i dont think they sales the phone with wrong froyo..maybe thats the prob that u (not personally u... and no offense...good thing that u are workin on froyo) are changin everythin..like kernel, and editing the script and so on...maybe if we got the rom somehow to work with clockwork, or anything else to flash this dump i guess it would work fine...

Just no...

Guest Sebastian404

That is Magical thinking ...

I am so sick of seeing this, the Z880 and the 008Z are NOT THE SAME DEVICE AS THE ZTE BLADE

yes, they are similar, yes they even look a bit the same, but they are NOT THE SAME

Guest kallt_kaffe

-VPN Settings enabled

A 2.1 libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so propably fixes the RIL issue. I may have a look at this ROM later but right now I do not have the time. It may or may not provide something useful but it's not the holy grail of ROMs.

The scandinavian on the other hand... I've heard it will be released by a virgin, on a wednesday and all the worlds DNS-servers will point www.the.perfect.rom.com to it. Those who do not believe will suffer from degraded bandwidth and censored adult sites.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Arr Too

I'm not going to get excited about Wednesday until I know what timezone it's meant to be!

And I am a little worried that it will be an Orange Wednesday and all we'll get is a special Froyo app that lets us use our phone as an expensive cinema ticket.

Guest MrHicks

The word 'perfect' should never be used to describe software, the whole concept of a perfect rom is stupid. The V880 also has a different baseband to the OSF so even if this was a Wednesday and the RIL was somehow magically AOSP compatible without whatever hacks ZTE have added to the telephony framework, it still wouldn't be much use to us.

Guest SebbesApa
I'm busy working on something else... but really.. I'm not really sure if I'd want to mess about with this.

Its an older build than the Japanese rom, it seems to of had a lot more customization to be removed, and we are still going to have the RIL problems that the other devices have....

Maybe I'll wait for the next Perfect Scandinavian ROM on Wednesday

LOL! ;)

Well, I guess that this ROM won't turn our phones from tri-band into quad-band ones then ;) Unlocking some secret chip :)

Though andorko seems to have unlocked at least a secret RDS chip. Who would have thought that?

This rom includes a (almost) full version of the racing game, Raging Thunder 2, just missing multi player mode. It runs really fast & smooth too, think it might be a v880 optimised version. rthunder2-V880.apk it's in English & there's also a Chinese language option.

There's also some terrible Chinese only game, 'SupperBoat.apk', shows up as DeepSea Torpedo if you install it, but don't bother.

It also has a new launcher, with new icons, but I don't like it & it makes widgets force close when installed on jap jelly. it also has a 'zte widgets' menu when you try to add something to the home page (but it also fcs for me).

Still looking for more useful stuff, but raging thunder 2 seems like a good find.

Edited by wbaw

Guest oh!dougal
This rom includes a (almost) full version of the racing game, Raging Thunder 2, just missing multi player mode. It runs really fast & smooth too, think it might be a v880 optimised version. rthunder2-V880.apk it's in English & there's also a Chinese language option.

Still looking for more useful stuff, but raging thunder 2 seems like a good find.

Any chance of uploading that on its own? (Rather than having everyone downloading 100megs or so ...)

Guest Sebastian404
Would you mind telling us the details ;)

First time you plug it in, it shows up as an external device with the Windows drivers on it..

there is a file called pcsuite.iso in etc that does it..

First time you plug it in, it shows up as an external device with the Windows drivers on it..

Seb404 can you suggest a fix to get it to boot properly, I've removed all Unicom junk, RIL working from kallt_kaffe suggestion libcm.so ad libril-qc1.so and default language is English. I'm using MCR R7 Kernel to get it to boot, the chinese one said the boot image is too big. I get past the Clockwork Stage. But stuck at Green Android.

Guest Sebastian404

Oh, the other thing that I found....

# su
su
su: access granted, courtesy of www.magicandroidapps.com[/code]

And the worst part is I think thats the STOCK version of SU

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest oh!dougal

Noted that a new thread has been started on those drivers.

Maybe the best place to discuss them further.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...mp-rom-package/

But are they generally (for Windows) useful or V880-specific?

Would it be sensible/possible to deploy them in the same fashion in custom ROMs?