Yes! Yes! We got it! ZTE-U V880 ROM (UNI_CN_V880 1.1)

Guest Weird Sun

Would it be sensible/possible to deploy them in the same fashion in custom ROMs?

Even if it would be possible, the drivers shouldn't be shipped. You need them only once but they waste precious space all the time within the phone. And they don't offer even any minor benefit to Linux and Apple users at all. The drivers can be downloaded by the Windows machine itself, thus there is no pressing need to ship them on the phone itself.

Edited by _amano

so am i right in saying this rom dump as useless? and no where nearer to having the 'perfect' 2.2 rom we're all after?

thanks for the op and sebs work anyway we all appreciate it!

Guest Simon O
i see, im just a bit confused as to what it was, we were all waiting for and where this whole perfect rom wednesday syndrome came from lol

I don't know but personally I wish it would all stop.

If somebody can build from AOSP/CAF for the blade and have it working 100% without any hacks or replacement libs then we will have the 'perfect' rom. Until then, we will have something that works fine. Which is better than expected ;)

Even if it would be possible, the drivers shouldn't be shipped. You need them only once but they waste precious space all the time within the phone. And they don't offer even any minor benefit to Linux and Apple users at all. The drivers can be downloaded by the Windows machine itself, thus there is no pressing need to ship them on the phone itself.

yeah, when you're out in the field with no internet you can't do that.

Guest Rotmann
Maybe I'll wait for the next Perfect Scandinavian ROM on Wednesday

Can I haz this? Can I flash pliiizzzz? HEEELLP! Iz zis 2.3 or 3.0? ;)

Edited by Rotmann

Guest martinhy

just a few minutes before, there's a post in a China forum saying that the Official ZTE Blade ROM has been extracted and uploaded

is it applicable for UK's Orange san francisco? (coz Chinese one's are only 256MB RAM, not the one in hungary 512MB masked to 256MB version)

i dun care reading Chinese, haha

http://www.hiapk.com/thread-868426-1-1.html

the post is roughly saying that:

the ZTE China's official ROM of android 2.2 , (the version of the ROM is 1.1), is released

and there is a package for flashing the Google components to the phone

Guest Sebastian404

I'm kinda of interested to know of the firmwares we have developed work on a V880....

I'm not sure how much of a demand there is going to be, but it should be possible for the developers to produce alternative boot.img that work on the V880....

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'm kinda of interested to know of the firmwares we have developed work on a V880....

I'm not sure how much of a demand there is going to be, but it should be possible for the developers to produce alternative boot.img that work on the V880....

I suppose if you make a kernel with the v880/Softbank adresses (0x02600000 & 0x02500000) and put back the original libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so and it should work. You'd have to make a working recovery too, propably just need to replace the kernel however I didn't manage to boot your RA recovery with the 2.6.32 kernel but I'm sure it can be done. I think it's because the 2.6.32 kernel is configured to not use a console framebuffer.

How much is a V880 in China?

Edited by kallt_kaffe

• 1 month later...
Guest 用户名已经
I suppose if you make a kernel with the v880/Softbank adresses (0x02600000 & 0x02500000) and put back the original libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so and it should work. You'd have to make a working recovery too, propably just need to replace the kernel however I didn't manage to boot your RA recovery with the 2.6.32 kernel but I'm sure it can be done. I think it's because the 2.6.32 kernel is configured to not use a console framebuffer.

How much is a V880 in China?

¥1699RMB

$258.5

Edited by 用户名已经

• 3 months later...
Guest TestICQ

I have bought ZTE-U V880 China Unicom. (GEN2) But it only 166MB of RAM (256 I think)

I have flashed it by CM7 (Android 2.3), but FM radio does not work and it is still 166MB of RAM.

I have flashed it by Swedish_Spring_RLS5 (Android 2.2), FM radio is work, but it is still 166MB of RAM.

Please tell me - is it possible to unlock it for full 512 RAM? Or it really has only 256 RAM onboard?

And does anyone know - what is display type on ZTE-U V880 China Unicom? TFT or AMOLED? and how to know it?

Edited by TestICQ

Guest wbaw
I have bought ZTE-U V880 China Unicom. (GEN2) But it only 166MB of RAM (256 I think)

I have flashed it by CM7 (Android 2.3), but FM radio does not work and it is still 166MB of RAM.

I have flashed it by Swedish_Spring_RLS5 (Android 2.2), FM radio is work, but it is still 166MB of RAM.

Please tell me - is it possible to unlock it for full 512 RAM? Or it really has only 256 RAM onboard?

And does anyone know - what is display type on ZTE-U V880 China Unicom? TFT or AMOLED? and how to know it?

It really only has 256mb ram, you can't unlock it to 512mb. You also can't use any of the European low level radio firmware & partitioning updates for that reason, they'll break your phone.

They're all TFT, they didn't make any amoled versions of the v880.

Guest TestICQ
It really only has 256mb ram, you can't unlock it to 512mb. You also can't use any of the European low level radio firmware & partitioning updates for that reason, they'll break your phone.

They're all TFT, they didn't make any amoled versions of the v880.

Thanks for the answers. But the radio is really work in Swedish_Spring_RLS5 firmware. I think it is best firmware for my phone.