OrangeSanFrancisco.co.uk - UPDATED June 2013

Guest cheezydee
Ignore the error and continue.

what does this actually do for the phone and the recovery/rom install process? If it's saying it's unrecognized, has it done anything? And will it be used later if anything goes wrong?

Thanks

Edited by cheezydee

Hi, followed the installation guide without a problem up to

12 - A new storage device should be recognised on your computer. On your computer, copy the ROM (the zip file) you downloaded during Step 2 and paste it straight to the root of the storage device. Do not paste it into any folders, just the root of the device. Do NOT unzip or extract the file.

Don't know what is meant by copying straight to the root.

When the phone is connected to my pc it shows 5 folders

Android

DCIM

download

LOST.DIR

z7logs

which do I put the ROM in?

Also the download for ClockworkMod Recovery is version 3.0.0.6 - how do I uninstall and get the latest version? Do I have to remove everything and start from the beginning again?

And there is mention in a previous post that this guide doesn't instruct that a backup should be done (I definitely want to do one just in case something goes wrong and I need to revert to the original ROM). If this is the case where do I find a guide that includes these instructions?

I'm going to stop where I am at the moment as I don't want to stuff this up.

Thanks

Sorry another couple of questions - I've trie d to get rid of everything that I've loaded so far by setting phone back to default and then reformatting SD card but I still have superuser installed and when I power and vol - I get to clockworkmod 3.0.0.6

How do I remove all this to get the phone back to how it was originally.

Thanks

Edited by sc52

Guest ronc2000
Hi, followed the installation guide without a problem up to

12 - A new storage device should be recognised on your computer. On your computer, copy the ROM (the zip file) you downloaded during Step 2 and paste it straight to the root of the storage device. Do not paste it into any folders, just the root of the device. Do NOT unzip or extract the file.

Don't know what is meant by copying straight to the root.

When the phone is connected to my pc it shows 5 folders

Android

DCIM

download

LOST.DIR

z7logs

which do I put the ROM in?

Also the download for ClockworkMod Recovery is version 3.0.0.6 - how do I uninstall and get the latest version? Do I have to remove everything and start from the beginning again?

And there is mention in a previous post that this guide doesn't instruct that a backup should be done (I definitely want to do one just in case something goes wrong and I need to revert to the original ROM). If this is the case where do I find a guide that includes these instructions?

I'm going to stop where I am at the moment as I don't want to stuff this up.

Thanks

Sorry another couple of questions - I've trie d to get rid of everything that I've loaded so far by setting phone back to default and then reformatting SD card but I still have superuser installed and when I power and vol - I get to clockworkmod 3.0.0.6

How do I remove all this to get the phone back to how it was originally.

Thanks

Use your PC only to download files.

Do not connect phone to PC.

Copy all the necessary files to SD card and do everything in phone.

Guest WallyUK

From wikipedia ... "In computer file systems, the root directory is the first or top-most directory in a hierarchy. It can be likened to the root of a tree — the starting point where all branches originate."

Guest TooMuch2AM
Hi,

I noticed that Cyanogen(Mod) are working on a Gingerbread version for the blade. It is currently in Release Candidate with nightly builds http://mirror.teamdouche.net/

Will you be adding this to your list of ROMs?

Has anyone tried this yet?

Regards

Pete

Installed the latest build other day - very smooth. Had a couple of hangs but nothing major.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I noticed that Cyanogen(Mod) are working on a Gingerbread version for the blade. It is currently in Release Candidate with nightly builds http://mirror.teamdouche.net/

Will you be adding this to your list of ROMs?

Has anyone tried this yet?

Regards

Pete

I will add the ROM now that iit is slightly more stable.

Guest quinns2003

i just followed this guide to the letter and hey presto.. all is good.. every file downloaded with no probs at all... many thx =)

Guest Fou-lu

jj9 is still the most stable recommendation? that was outdated months ago, ss4 is the upgrade to it and currently the most stable rom out..

Guest anonymous1

Having read the various forum postings here and on xda site, I have a problem that I'm not managing to resolve regarding flashing my Gen 1 OSF with stock Orange 2.1 to a different rom.

Hoping one of the gurus/techs/wizards here could help? Please?

Here's what I did:

1. Rooted using Universal Androot including SuperUser

2. Used Rom Manager to flash ClockworkMod Recovery

3. Clicked on the backup current ROM button

Here's what happened:

1. Device rebooted once, came to green android screen and booted up very quickly, no backup on SD card

2. Using Rom Manager, tried to reboot into recovery, get 'An error occured attempting to run privileged commands!' message

3. Using Rom Manager, tried to flash new rom from SD card, get 'An error occured attempting to run privileged commands!' message

4. Tried to do a factory reset, device reboots, gets to green android screen (probably fails to get into recovery mode), reboots again and loads up as normal. Unable to factory reset

5. Tried to reboot with volume- into recovery mode. As long as volume- pressed, endless cycle of rebooting to green android screen - presumably can't get into recovery mode.

6. Tried to reboot with volume+, device boots up normally, Can't get into fastboot

7. Tried Recovery Manager, but App won't load with 'The application Recovery Manager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close'. Keeps crashing and won't load.

Now stuck with device I can't update the ROM on and can't restore to factory settings.

Any suggestions as to how I could do either flash a new ROM or restore the stock ROM to factory settings, would be gratefully appreciated.

Is there any software I could use to restore to factory settings? Is there any other way of flashing the Swedish Spring RLS5 ROM?

Look forward to hearing your advice/comments/suggestions. Many thanks in advance (otherwise I'm forced to go back to my WinMo 6.1 device!)

:mellow:

UPDATE: problem solved by flashing clockworkmod image file using recovery manager.

Edited by anonymous1

Guest Fou-lu

Your problem was after you rebooted it un-rooted, and i think now rom manager only flashs GEN2 clockworks, someone should mention don't download clockworks through rom manager if your GEN1

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest wazza2007

Hi,

hopefully my phone should be delivered today.

Had a look at your website and found it easy to read and understand for a novice like me.

My plan is..

1. unlock phone

2. check if Gen 1 or 2

3. Download Clockwork recovery

4. Download usb drivers

5. Create backup

6. Change ROM

hope the above is the correct procedure

take it Jellyfish is the good one to download for a simpliton like me

plan to play with the phone first before carrying out the above

Guest Ponchos etc
Hi,

hopefully my phone should be delivered today.

Had a look at your website and found it easy to read and understand for a novice like me.

My plan is..

1. unlock phone

2. check if Gen 1 or 2

3. Download Clockwork recovery

4. Download usb drivers

5. Create backup

6. Change ROM

hope the above is the correct procedure

take it Jellyfish is the good one to download for a simpliton like me

plan to play with the phone first before carrying out the above

ditto to all of this :mellow:

Guest anonymous1

Hi again,

Now I've managed to unlock my Orange branded OSF and flash the SwedishSpring rom, I've been trying out different UK SIM cards.

Orange and T-Mobile work fine. Problem comes with 2 of the SIM cards I've tried from smaller networks:

TalkMobile - use Vodafone network

Tesco Mobile - use O2 network

For first 5 minutes there is a weak signal and then signal is lost completely only to come back weakly very intermittently.

Going into settings>network providers and trying to connect automatically to a network generates a message saying something like 'the network cannot register this SIM'. There is a list of the big networks (O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone and 3) and trying to connect to the 'parent' network fails.

The only thing in common with Talk Mobile and Tesco Mobile is that they 'piggyback' onto another network. There is no problem with the Orange and T-Mobile SIMs as I presume being in the list of providers means those SIMs connect without difficulty. The Talk Mobile and Tesco Mobile SIMs presumably try to connect to thier respective 'parent' network and fail once network recognises it isn't an O2 or Vodafone SIM?

The Talk Mobile and Tesco Mobile SIMs work fine in other phones, so not quite sure what's going on. Technical support at Tesco were useless saying, you have unlocked your phone in a non-legitimate way, therefore you can't expect our SIM to work properly (despite the T-Mobile and Orange ones working OK!) :mellow:

I'm sure one of the tech/gurus/wizards here can provide more useful suggestions and help compared to the Tesco technical support department :o

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and if anyone else has experienced similar problems and how they solved them.

Thanks

PS. same problem exists even with the original stock Orange ROM prior to flashing FroYo rom.

Edited by anonymous1

Guest irishpancake
Your problem was after you rebooted it un-rooted, and i think now rom manager only flashs GEN2 clockworks, someone should mention don't download clockworks through rom manager if your GEN1

Hi..

Are you sure of this??

Which version should Gen1 ppl stick with?.....to be entirely safe.... :mellow:

Guest wazza2007

Help!!!!

Had a look at the App Shop and could not find Mr Pigfish. Did a search. No luck.

Have an old googlemail email address. Able to access it on the phone. Had emailed a link to Mr Pigfish. When i try to install it i get

''There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.''

If i create a new account then how can i associate the phone to it? Can't i associate the phone to the old account?

i have tried a new account, still have the same problem :-(

did you do it using wifi or through orange mobile gprs?

Could someone tell me in what order did they do it?

plz

thnxs