OrangeSanFrancisco.co.uk - UPDATED June 2013

Guest irishpancake
The one's from here:

http://goo.gl/MDzGN

Yes, thanks :mellow:

But, as I have only used ROM Manager, and did not use Seb's Recovery Manager from the start, are you sure of this statement:

rom manager only flashs GEN2 clockworks

Is this true??

I currently have ROM Manager V4.2.0.2, which updates automatically.

Current Recovery is ClockWorkMod 3.0.2.7

I have a Gen 1 device, with SS RLS2, and was planning to upgrade to GEN2 with SS RLS5(GEN2).

Guest Fou-lu
Yes, thanks :mellow:

But, as I have only used ROM Manager, and did not use Seb's Recovery Manager from the start, are you sure of this statement:

Is this true??

I currently have ROM Manager V4.2.0.2, which updates automatically.

Current Recovery is ClockWorkMod 3.0.2.7

I have a Gen 1 device, with SS RLS2, and was planning to upgrade to GEN2 with SS RLS5(GEN2).

unless rom manager automatically detects which GEN your on it will flash a GEN2 clockwork, but really needs someone with a GEN1 to confirm that 3.0.2.7 works with it.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest wazza2007

Am in the process of transfer the Swedish ROM file to the phone.

There is the following problem i have. It is step 12...

A new storage device should be recognised on your computer. On your computer, copy the ROM (the zip file) you downloaded during Step 2 and paste it straight to the root of the storage device. Do not paste it into any folders, just the root of the device. Do NOT unzip or extract the file.

When i open the directory on the PC do i simply stick it in at top level?

Am i right in saying that the folder now looks like ...

.dataviz

Android

clockworkmod

DCIM

documents

download

LOST.DIR

z7logs

Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip

where all apart from Swedish zip file are folders?

Guest Fou-lu
Am in the process of transfer the Swedish ROM file to the phone.

There is the following problem i have. It is step 12...

A new storage device should be recognised on your computer. On your computer, copy the ROM (the zip file) you downloaded during Step 2 and paste it straight to the root of the storage device. Do not paste it into any folders, just the root of the device. Do NOT unzip or extract the file.

When i open the directory on the PC do i simply stick it in at top level?

Am i right in saying that the folder now looks like ...

.dataviz

Android

clockworkmod

DCIM

documents

download

LOST.DIR

z7logs

Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip

where all apart from Swedish zip file are folders?

It doesn't matter where you put the rom, i had that .zip file in "download" sub-folder, just stick it anywhere on the SD and through recovery you will navigate to it.

Guest wazza2007
Here's the pigfish app if your still having problems on market, all UK versions are GEN1.

http://goo.gl/zDxWL

Thanks. Found that i can find Mr Pigfish if i went through Market Apps.

Mine is Gen 1 as expected.

Guest wazza2007

Going to change the Rom tonight.

As a matter of interest is there a way to create a folder/directory where i can put all the games in? Don't want my kids going to the main menu and click on any icon. Also will tidy it up.

Thanks

Guest Fou-lu
Going to change the Rom tonight.

As a matter of interest is there a way to create a folder/directory where i can put all the games in? Don't want my kids going to the main menu and click on any icon. Also will tidy it up.

Thanks

yeah, I use go launcher for this, it's the only one i found that can make folders on the app drawer, download it from market and test it out.

looks like this :

SKNJ5.jpg

you can change the background of the folders with different themes.

Guest wazza2007

I am happy. Newcomer to the android phone and in modifying it.

It all went successfully.

Followed the instructions on the website. Thanks for providing clear instructions.

Can i delete the swedish rom zip file from the phone so i can free up the memory?

Have downloaded games for the kids to play with.

Is there anything else i need to download to make the phone run efficiently? Read somewhere that there is an app to keep the WiFi stable and another app to make maximum use of the battery.

Edited by wazza2007

Guest wazza2007
yeah, I use go launcher for this, it's the only one i found that can make folders on the app drawer, download it from market and test it out.

looks like this :

SKNJ5.jpg

you can change the background of the folders with different themes.

are you referring to Go Launcher EX?

Guest Fou-lu
Can i delete the swedish rom zip file from the phone so i can free up the memory?

Yeah you can go ahead and delete it, after it's flashed on.

GO launcher EX, free on the market.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest irishpancake
unless rom manager automatically detects which GEN your on it will flash a GEN2 clockwork, but really needs someone with a GEN1 to confirm that 3.0.2.7 works with it.

Thanks indeed for the information, you are correct, CW 3.0.2.7 is for GEN2, but will flash in RM on a GEN1 device, without warning, also, when you downgrade to CW 3.0.1.4, from within RM, it will issue an update notification regarding new version, not specifying this is for GEN2 only......not good for noobs like me, but part of a learning process :mellow:

Guest wazza2007
Yeah you can go ahead and delete it, after it's flashed on.

GO launcher EX, free on the market.

Thanks file deleted.

Downloaded Go Launcher Ex. Excellent piece of app to keep your screen clutter free. Have hidden files which i don't want kids to experiment with.

Guest wazza2007

Matter of interest does one has to have an antivirus package installed etc when using the mobile to access internet through wifi of gprs?

Guest N3M35I5

I think this is a great idea, I fully support this idea and I'm offering to host the site for free instead of you paying for hosting, Inbox me if you would like to accept my offer.

great work

Guest flshg
Matter of interest does one has to have an antivirus package installed etc when using the mobile to access internet through wifi of gprs?

I have Dr web installed, but I rather doubt that it has much work to do. I guess there are very few viruses on android (i imagine spyware is more of a problem than destructive viruses as seen on computers). I'm just paranoid so have it working, doesnt cause any noticeable battery drain or slowdown, plus free and easy to use.

I also have a firewall "droidwall", which should help with spyware/privacy/ads.

Guest N3M35I5
I have Dr web installed, but I rather doubt that it has much work to do. I guess there are very few viruses on android (i imagine spyware is more of a problem than destructive viruses as seen on computers). I'm just paranoid so have it working, doesnt cause any noticeable battery drain or slowdown, plus free and easy to use.

I also have a firewall "droidwall", which should help with spyware/privacy/ads.

android is linux. and if your device is rooted your left open to rootkits etc, I suspect the antivirus is to stop applications taking advantage of your rooted linux device.

Guest anotherbob

Just used your guide to flash Japanese Jellyfish on my SF. Everything worked smoothly, the sign of a well written guide.

I wish someone would write a guide to get my MMS service working... :unsure:

I just moved providers hoping that that was the problem, but it wasn't. I did a factory reset, but that made no difference. Now I've installed JJ and MMS STILL doesn't work.

I'm on Talkmobile PAYG Essentials. The APNs seem to come with the SIM, one is called Talkmobile and the other Talkmobile MMS; the data connection is fine, so is SMS. When I try to send a MMS I get a report saying "cannot connect". On Talkmobile's website there are details of an APN to enter manually, but when I do and highlight it I lose the data connection and MMS STILL doesn't work.

I've posted elsewhere but so far the responses, for which I am grateful, have not sorted the problem.

Guest irishpancake
Just used your guide to flash Japanese Jellyfish on my SF. Everything worked smoothly, the sign of a well written guide.

I wish someone would write a guide to get my MMS service working... :unsure:

I just moved providers hoping that that was the problem, but it wasn't. I did a factory reset, but that made no difference. Now I've installed JJ and MMS STILL doesn't work.

I'm on Talkmobile PAYG Essentials. The APNs seem to come with the SIM, one is called Talkmobile and the other Talkmobile MMS; the data connection is fine, so is SMS. When I try to send a MMS I get a report saying "cannot connect". On Talkmobile's website there are details of an APN to enter manually, but when I do and highlight it I lose the data connection and MMS STILL doesn't work.

I've posted elsewhere but so far the responses, for which I am grateful, have not sorted the problem.

Bob...on the MMS thing....have u tried my suggestion of a 2nd. APN just for MMS??

This works for many Piggy-back Virtual Mobile operators, like your Talkmobile/GiffGaff/ASDA/Tesco...

Cheers...

Guest anotherbob
Bob...on the MMS thing....have u tried my suggestion of a 2nd. APN just for MMS??

This works for many Piggy-back Virtual Mobile operators, like your Talkmobile/GiffGaff/ASDA/Tesco...

Cheers...

There are already two APNs on the phone, one is called Talkmobile MMS. They appeared when I first inserted the SIM.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ukdevil

Firstly, thanks for the guide.. I received my Gen1 San Francisco yesterday, followed the instructions and everything went really smoothly, adding Froyo 2.2 (Swedish ROM) to my phone.

However, the wireless range seems pretty poor on the phone - could that be anything to do with the ROM I've used? I was wondering whether rolling back to Eclair would give improved wireless performance?

Guest MonsterKiller

Hello.

I have a ZTE Blade and currently have cyanogen 7.0.0 installed but i want to go to 7.0.3. ( I have ClockworkMod installed and working )

I read that you had to upgrade to Gen2 so i looked up how to do this, i downloaded the files mentioned here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...e_to_Gen2_Radio

I added the 'image' folder to my sd card and verified the md5, which came out alright.

I turned off my phone and waited a couple of seconds (i have also tried taking the battery out). When i turned it on, as said on the wiki, i held menu and vol+ when i turned it on. However, this did nothing. I tried this 3-4 times and got nothing at all. I have also tried just holding vol+, holding power and vol+ but non of these seem to do anything. I never saw any green text which is what is said to be looked out for as a sign of it working. The phone just boots normally each time.

I then tried the package from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/ and did the same as above but still with no result.

I have additionally tried 'reboot bootloader' from a emulated terminal but when the phone boots it just stays on the android logo until i take the battery out.

Anyone know anything about this?

Guest joesan

Hi i installed swedish spring to my finnish saunalahti blade and not the mobile data connection is not working at all, seems fine otherwise. i am a complete noobie, can someone please help?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest san-fran

http://sanfranciscoa...isco-zte-blade/

Page 3 of 5 – How To Install Custom ROMs / Android 2.2 (FroYo) from scratch on the Orange San Francisco

I'm stuck at point 31 when installing recoveryM.apk I have tried the troubleshooting route (more than once) have also uninstalled and re-installed.

I seem to be stuck? What should I try next? Could someone please help.

TIA

updated... sorted it now!

Edited by san-fran

Guest Pelemane

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-the-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade/

Page 3 of 5 – How To Install Custom ROMs / Android 2.2 (FroYo) from scratch on the Orange San Francisco

I'm stuck at point 31 when installing recoveryM.apk I have tried the troubleshooting route (more than once) have also uninstalled and re-installed.

I seem to be stuck? What should I try next? Could someone please help.

TIA

That guide sucks. Just root->install ROM Manager-> install clocḱwork with it and install rom in clockwork.

Or use TPT.

You can find a lot better guides in this forum if you try to search.