New budget Android KING coming soon?

Guest Rotmann

How much is the Blade where you are?

195€ alone for the Blade.

Saunalahti had a 24 month deal. SIM unlocked. 6,90€ per month including unlimited data (total cost 165,60€). SMS 0,066€ per piece and calls 0,066€/min. Max 1€ per day for calls even if you talk 24h per day. I got this one.

This is quite cheap since the unlimited data package is 14,90€ alone.

For Huawei U8800 there is a similar deal but data is max 0,5Mbps and monthly costs 9,90€.

Edited by d4m4n

So the Blade and the X5 are very close in price in Finland, hopefully that means it won't be much more expensive then the San Fran is over here. Which means it could be a amazing phone for the price given the specs, when might we see reviews?

Guest Pirttila
So the Blade and the X5 are very close in price in Finland, hopefully that means it won't be much more expensive then the San Fran is over here. Which means it could be a amazing phone for the price given the specs, when might we see reviews?

No, they are not close. there is lot of different contracts and that makes it difficult to calculate. Blades's share of the total contract is 117,60€ and Huawei's 213,60€. These are Saunalahti prices. Blabe is sold in other stores around the same price too.

No, they are not close. there is lot of different contracts and that makes it difficult to calculate. Blades's share of the total contract is 117,60€ and Huawei's 213,60€. These are Saunalahti prices. Blabe is sold in other stores around the same price too.

Oh, d4m4n said "195€ alone for the Blade" and you said 213.60 for the X5, so I took that to mean they were the prices with no contract.

Are the prices of the Blade and X5 in Finland 117,60€ and 213,60€ when bought with no contract?

Cheers.

Edited by Teasy

Guest Pirttila
I think I'm getting confused because people are mentioning different prices with contracts. d4m4n said "195€ alone for the Blade" and you said 213.60 for the X5, I took that to mean they were the prices with no contract.

Are the prices of the Blade and X5 in Finland 117,60€ and 213,60€ when bought with no contract?

Cheers.

There has prices without any contract but does anyone pay those price's? Blade price is 195€ and Huawei 279€. They cost more than contract + phone and there is not sim-lock or anything.

I just returned the Blade and got the Huawei U8800 (Ideos X5). Whoa.... what a difference. Quadrant score 1400 out of the box. HSUPA. Android 2.2. Swype as standard. A bunch of games and apps preinstalled. This change cost me 4€ per month extra to the Blade deal (6,9€ per month, unlimited data, SMS 0,066€, calls 0,066€/min)

So goodbye Modaco ZTE forum. Now I just have to wait for the Modaco Huawei forum :P

The only known flaw is disconnect problem with secured wlan. Unsecured works fine. This is soon to be fixed with an update.

Guest anshmiester78900
I just returned the Blade and got the Huawei U8800 (Ideos X5). Whoa.... what a difference. Quadrant score 1400 out of the box. HSUPA. Android 2.2. Swype as standard. A bunch of games and apps preinstalled. This change cost me 4€ per month extra to the Blade deal (6,9€ per month, unlimited data, SMS 0,066€, calls 0,066€/min)

So goodbye Modaco ZTE forum. Now I just have to wait for the Modaco Huawei forum :P

The only known flaw is disconnect problem with secured wlan. Unsecured works fine. This is soon to be fixed with an update.

hey bro hows it working ? n ru from India ? n is it really better than Blade plz tell me as i want to buy a new android soon

hey bro hows it working ? n ru from India ? n is it really better than Blade plz tell me as i want to buy a new android soon

It's much better and finished. The WLAN bug seem to be fixed in the latest software.

Guest Matty-p
is it me, or does that screen look resistive?

thats the only problem. otherwise, that phone looks insane!!!!! (as in good insane :D )

its nice but 800 mhz id rather pay an extra £99 and get a desire or eqv snapdragon thats built better and is faster

its nice but 800 mhz id rather pay an extra £99 and get a desire or eqv snapdragon thats built better and is faster

true, by that time, a desire will be about as same as the skate

The Skate looks a bit too big IMO, still interested in the X5 though. I'd rather look at specs and reviews and make a decision from that then decide to pay more on the assumption that build quality can never be right on something unless its a big name like HTC. I mean the same argument's been made for the San Fran vs the Wildfire and I know which one I'd want even if they were the same price.

The X5 does have a 800Mhz Snapdragon CPU, but it also has a Adreno 205, which is better then the GPU in the Desire.

Guest ChundaMars

Hi all,

Thought you'd be interested in this, the Huawei X5 has just been released in New Zealand on 2degrees: http://tinyurl.com/4aywnzw

Selling for NZ$549, which on current exchange rates is approx 260GBP or 305EURO. However, as we tend to get charged more down this end of the world, I think you can safely assume it would cost LESS than that when/if it shows in your part of the world. Ah well, at least we have the scenery eh? ;-)

I'm hopefully going to get one for my father so will post with my thoughts if I do - wouldn't be till next week though as doubt I would receive it before the weekend. For the price it certainly seems like a good phone - same chipset as the Desire Z for example.