[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest smekkos
come on guys (and ladys ) ... do some GPIO Hunting

keyboard is almost working i only have to get the ALT-Characters working too.

devteam is focusing on I8000-development ... if we don't get the B7610-GPIOS it will take a long long time until

we at the same stage as I8000!

we realy need the diffrent gpios!

further:

i need to know if there ar more differences than Y & Z between the qwerty & qwertz keyboard-layout

maybe there are even more layouts.

so here is my qwertz-layout

qwertz.png

let me know which differences there are (specialy about the alt-characters - (the red-ones))

;)

Hi,

i made a layout of the alt characters and symbols.

let me know if it is to any use!

post-784107-1296806491_thumb.jpg

Hi,

i made a layout of the alt characters and symbols.

let me know if it is to any use!

what kind of layout is this?

qwerty? azerty? (need the letters too)

It is the same as mine, ie. QWERTY

and ... do only Y & Z differ ... compareing to mine ?

did not find out how to set alt-characters to "specialkey's" like LEFT, DOWN & UP ... maby this can not be done ;)

but there is a possibility to define characters while pressing SHIFT & ALT ....

unfortunatly i can not put my (ready to use) working keyboardfiles online ... cause it differs from

original modules/kernel ... so if the next update will be applied it will not work anymore - it can even

stop working at all ... because of different modules,kernel gpios ... bla bla bla

but if someone is willing to test & have some linux skills too (to do a backup of the i8000 modules & kernel by himself)

he can pm me to get instructions for a beta-test

Edited by mosci

Guest erikcas
hi is there someone how has market working?

mine starts. but when downloading. it goes wrong.

it just keeps on downloading and thats all. but no download and no install

greets tjeerdos

Hi Tjeerdos,

at my B7610 it works like a charm. At first it didn't, but after I updated with the 2d/3d drivers as mentioned in post #8 in the i8000 thread it worked. Not only market works like a charm. I now have a stable Android running, for three days now. No freezes, no crashes!

In steps:

1. Downloaded and installed the 1024mb version (18/1!), booted and did Android installation wizard

2. Installed the 31st of januari update and rebooted

3. Installed the previous mentioned 2d/3d drivers.

Note: I installed on my storage, not on SD

can install and run every app, from market and apk's downloaded from internet and put to phone by USB

Grtz

Erik

Guest smekkos
and ... do only Y & Z differ ... compareing to mine ?

did not find out how to set alt-characters to "specialkey's" like LEFT, DOWN & UP ... maby this can not be done ;)

but there is a possibility to define characters while pressing SHIFT & ALT ....

unfortunatly i can not put my (ready to use) working keyboardfiles online ... cause it differs from

original modules/kernel ... so if the next update will be applied it will not work anymore - it can even

stop working at all ... because of different modules,kernel gpios ... bla bla bla

but if someone is willing to test & have some linux skills too (to do a backup of the i8000 modules & kernel by himself)

he can pm me to get instructions for a beta-test

as far as i have seen the only difference are the y-z / .-, /<> () keys....

i would like to help but have absolutely no linux or android skills.

if you know anything i can do to help just let me know.

Glad some people are having success with this, try as I might, since the 3G update, my phone freezes anytime between 2 and 20 seconds of Android coming up. I'm thinking it's something to do with the Windows ROM I am Running (Daskalos with Sense) as sense is starting to play up and reloading Android makes no difference to it now.

It I've time I might try going back to a stock ROM over the weekend and trying from there.

Great work with the Keymapping Mosci.

Vic

as far as i have seen the only difference are the y-z / .-, /<> () keys....

i would like to help but have absolutely no linux or android skills.

if you know anything i can do to help just let me know.

thanks ... it's almost done ;)

keymapping is the easyest part ... but even this is almost done

kernel works with 3g, vibration and keyboard-support

only the power-key did not poweroff - only lock the screen and turn screen off

thus ... reboot has to be done by adb or reset-pinhole ;)

Edited by mosci

Guest gauravv
thanks ... it's almost done ;)

thus ... reboot has to be done by adb or reset-pinhole ;)

hey i want to test

Guest Bokun23

So, finally i got android working on my storage with the last updates./

Now im trying to make an apn. But after insurting all the information it wont save them. After hittin save there is no APN. Anyone know this problem?

Also my phone didnt ask for a pin to unlock the simcard. How can i do this manually?

Greetz,

Arjan

edit: after rebooting it asked immediatle for my pin and now its working.

Edited by Bokun23

Guest tjeerdos
Hi Tjeerdos,

at my B7610 it works like a charm. At first it didn't, but after I updated with the 2d/3d drivers as mentioned in post #8 in the i8000 thread it worked. Not only market works like a charm. I now have a stable Android running, for three days now. No freezes, no crashes!

In steps:

1. Downloaded and installed the 1024mb version (18/1!), booted and did Android installation wizard

2. Installed the 31st of januari update and rebooted

3. Installed the previous mentioned 2d/3d drivers.

Note: I installed on my storage, not on SD

can install and run every app, from market and apk's downloaded from internet and put to phone by USB

Grtz

Erik

hi erik,

i also installed on my storage. everything runs real fast and smooth no freezing etc.

only thing what is wrong is market. it starts and i can look and search apps and he sees ''my apps''.

but apps downloading goes wrong.

when market didn't work for you did you have the same as me? ore did your market do nothing.

i'm bit scared to put that update on my phone. because it works like a charm now ....

only not market...

hope to hear it soon

ps can you play video?

greets tjeerdos

Guest Bounser
hi erik,

i also installed on my storage. everything runs real fast and smooth no freezing etc.

only thing what is wrong is market. it starts and i can look and search apps and he sees ''my apps''.

when market didn't work for you did you have the same as me? ore did your market do nothing.

i'm bit scared to put that update on my phone. because it works like a charm now ....

only not market...

hope to hear it soon

ps can you play video?

greets tjeerdos

How do i install android on my storage. Is it faster/better then on sd?

How do i install android on my storage. Is it faster/better then on sd?

ofcause the nand is faster than the sdcard ... but the stability is not a matter of speed ... it depends mostly on the kernel.

the b7610 is different in many way ... you can not expect the same behavior as on the i8000.

if your phone runs more than a few hours it is no matter of where it is installed - its only a matte of how many luck you have had.

its like sittin in front of a piano and pressing some keys with no knowlege ... it can sounds nice ... but it can also sounds bad.

and this is what the kernel does on our b7610 : it triggers wrong pins in various kombinations ... sometimes nice ... sometimes not so nice ;-)

Guest aaronage

Ok, So i guess my excitement about having a stable version of Android on my B7610 was a little premature. I systematically installed everything as advised, and for a while everything worked perfectly.... 3G... fast.... no problems with Marketplace. Then it suddenly froze as i was installing an app.... restarted and i kept getting the Acore messages. Froze again. Now its showing the error message under the Android logo at bootup. Damn!

Guest ErnstJanF
Ok, So i guess my excitement about having a stable version of Android on my B7610 was a little premature. I systematically installed everything as advised, and for a while everything worked perfectly.... 3G... fast.... no problems with Marketplace. Then it suddenly froze as i was installing an app.... restarted and i kept getting the Acore messages. Froze again. Now its showing the error message under the Android logo at bootup. Damn!

The error message means nothing.. It will boot :P

Guest aaronage
The error message means nothing.. It will boot :P

Thanks for your reply!

I know, but when it does I can't do anything because I constantly get the error messages. Strange. I've tried re-installing it again. so far so good. now doing the last update.

I do it in this order.

Main Install followed by booting up, then shutting down using the lock key. (strangely, after the main install without the updates, android asks for my pin code, I assume to activate my sim, but once i've updates the 3D driver, it doesn't ask me again until i do the final 3G update. is this normal?)

Then the 3d driver update with the zimage from the Beta website. once again, installed by leaving the files in the "My Storage" root then booting Android. when its booted, i then shutdown again.

I'm now adding the final update.

Is this order correct or doesn't it matter? Am i missing anything?

Guest erikcas
hi erik,

only not market...

hope to hear it soon

ps can you play video?

greets tjeerdos

Hi Tjeerdos,

Market works here. Using it first time, it almost crashes (reproduced that, with clean install today). I rebooted and after that it works like a charm again. I just installed facebook app, whatsapp and rockplayer (for playing videos) succesfully from market. Download will start after seconds (up to 10 - 15 seconds), and then patiently wait till it is installed

Mp4 video plays not well at all :P . Will look into that tomorrow and share my findings . Catch some sleep now :D .

Grtz!

Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest tjeerdos
thanks ... it's almost done :D

thus ... reboot has to be done by adb or reset-pinhole :P

love to test this !!

when can we download it??

greets tjeerdos

Guest ErnstJanF
Thanks for your reply!

I know, but when it does I can't do anything because I constantly get the error messages. Strange. I've tried re-installing it again. so far so good. now doing the last update.

I do it in this order.

Main Install followed by booting up, then shutting down using the lock key. (strangely, after the main install without the updates, android asks for my pin code, I assume to activate my sim, but once i've updates the 3D driver, it doesn't ask me again until i do the final 3G update. is this normal?)

Then the 3d driver update with the zimage from the Beta website. once again, installed by leaving the files in the "My Storage" root then booting Android. when its booted, i then shutdown again.

I'm now adding the final update.

Is this order correct or doesn't it matter? Am i missing anything?

There is no 'right' way to install the updates, as long as you make sure you install all updates!

For the pin-code, I've disabled it so I can't help you with that :P

thanks ... it's almost done biggrin.gif

thus ... reboot has to be done by adb or reset-pinhole wacko.gif

Or you can use the emulator to send the 'stop' command... love that one lol :D

Edited by ErnstJanF