[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest thierrydriessen

Does someone know if there is another better version coming up? I am running this for quite a while now, quite buggy and it crashes a lot but still okay, but I really want the WiFi to work XD

thanks in advance,

thierrydriessen

Maybe even devs don't know...

Wifi driver for our device is not a priority for the devs, so we will have much of the parts left (cam, sensors, battery life...) before wifi, and no warranty one day our wifi will work.

I'm pretty happy with the beta, I don't miss much the camera or sensors but battery life is why I don't swich finally to android.

Bugs and crashes will stay there for long time, but a clean installation/update should minimize them

I've readed at i8000 thread that sandor is really close to solve the battery issues, hope soon we join the update

Does someone know if there is another better version coming up? I am running this for quite a while now, quite buggy and it crashes a lot but still okay, but I really want the WiFi to work XD

thanks in advance,

thierrydriessen

Should vibration work on b7610? mine doesn't and I'm not sure if it should

Guest Blo0odyHell
Maybe even devs don't know...

Wifi driver for our device is not a priority for the devs, so we will have much of the parts left (cam, sensors, battery life...) before wifi, and no warranty one day our wifi will work.

I'm pretty happy with the beta, I don't miss much the camera or sensors but battery life is why I don't swich finally to android.

Bugs and crashes will stay there for long time, but a clean installation/update should minimize them

I've readed at i8000 thread that sandor is really close to solve the battery issues, hope soon we join the update

Should vibration work on b7610? mine doesn't and I'm not sure if it should

mine only vibes when i slide to unlock

mine only vibes when i slide to unlock

so vib works !

i think you just have to enable it in the 'sound & display' & 'language & keyboard' settings

mine vibes on keypress and incomming call also

Edited by mosci

Guest Soul_Master

How to format new partition that was created by Android emu and reinstall the new version of it? I just try to update related file on my storage and Android still unable to connect to any operator.

Guest Blo0odyHell
so vib works !

i think you just have to enable it in the 'sound & display' & 'language & keyboard' settings

mine vibes on keypress and incomming call also

yeah you're right..

ive got since last update lots of hangs witch need to pull the battery off

Guest darthveda

apologies for asking such a n00b question, but how do you close open application or screen? for example: settings window or dialer window, which key should i press to close it?

Back key is set to our W&L key. Also you can use some task kill app, but I have readed in android there's no need, while in Winmo is a must-have.Personally I use it

Guest Blo0odyHell

after updating keyboard doesnt work anymore.. ill try keyboard file again

EDIT: toooo bad, so many errors i cant use it properly anymore.. tomorrow i will do a clean install :P

Edited by Blo0odyHell

Guest erikcas
after updating keyboard doesnt work anymore.. ill try keyboard file again

EDIT: toooo bad, so many errors i cant use it properly anymore.. tomorrow i will do a clean install :P

keyboard file needs you to replace te zImage file which came with it I think.. you don't want that..

Guest superck445
keyboard file needs you to replace te zImage file which came with it I think.. you don't want that..

yeh i'm slightly confused too...

did fresh install, 3d drivers done, then got keyboard and vibration working, but new updates installed brings back old keylayout, vibration still works though

which zimage should we use? the new one for sleep problems? or one for keyboard? is it possible to combine the 2?

can anybody confirm that 3G is working with the beta2 on B7610

i have tryed 2 different cards ... no conncetion possible :P

reboot from shell is also not working anymore ... no big problem for me - but should be fixed - at least as long as the keys not working propper.

Edited by mosci

Guest tjeerdos
can anybody confirm that 3G is working with the beta2 on B7610

i have tryed 2 different cards ... no conncetion possible :P

reboot from shell is also not working anymore ... no big problem for me - but should be fixed - at least as long as the keys not working propper.

i did the 3g update from beta1. i have 3g. will test it tomorrow. for now no market place. it freezes again when downloading............

i did the 3g update from beta1. i have 3g. will test it tomorrow. for now no market place. it freezes again when downloading............

which update did you choose? o2bupdate.zip or o2b2filesys.zip?

i did use the o2b2filesys.zip.

i have also the 3G-Icon in the statusbar - but i can not do some traffic.

with the the 3G-update you don't use the new kernel/modules ... but i think it's not a kernel/driver problem ... more a os-problem

cause if i compile kernel & modules myself 3G works on the older os-version but not on the new.

funny ... i can type a numeric URL that will be reversed-lookuped and changed into namespace without getting the page shown.

i can ping numerec and even trace numeric ... but still ... no websurfing/market

# ping -c 4 193.99.144.85

PING 193.99.144.85 (193.99.144.85): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 193.99.144.85: seq=0 ttl=243 time=849.303 ms

64 bytes from 193.99.144.85: seq=1 ttl=243 time=411.383 ms

64 bytes from 193.99.144.85: seq=2 ttl=243 time=412.947 ms

64 bytes from 193.99.144.85: seq=3 ttl=243 time=347.254 ms

--- 193.99.144.85 ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max = 347.254/505.221/849.303 ms

# route -n

Kernel IP routing table

Destination	 Gateway		 Genmask		 Flags Metric Ref	Use Iface

10.74.163.0	 0.0.0.0		 255.255.255.0   U	 0	  0		0 pdp0

0.0.0.0		 10.74.163.1	 0.0.0.0		 UG	0	  0		0 pdp0

# ping 10.74.163.1

PING 10.74.163.1 (10.74.163.1): 56 data bytes

^C

--- 10.74.163.1 ping statistics ---

38 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

# traceroute 193.99.144.85

traceroute to 193.99.144.85 (193.99.144.85), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets

1  *  *  *

2  82.113.122.53 (82.113.122.53)  707.521 ms  289.060 ms  269.997 ms

3  82.113.122.2 (82.113.122.2)  293.804 ms  295.417 ms  259.896 ms

4  195.71.164.209 (195.71.164.209)  502.234 ms  253.288 ms  283.432 ms

5  213.20.152.226 (213.20.152.226)  464.323 ms  263.431 ms  299.676 ms

6  194.59.190.26 (194.59.190.26)  299.250 ms  268.537 ms  459.233 ms

7  *  *  *

8  *  *  *

any idears?

have installed opera too to get sure it's not a browser-problem.

EDIT:

while using o2bupdate.zip 3G works fine!

i have updated the keyboard-fix (B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip) to rev72

keep in mind that this update has to be applied as the last one!

Edited by mosci

I haven't had time to reinstall yet but when I was playing around pre-need-to-reinstall (another story), I found that I couldn't enter Alt+ characters (i,e. numbers) into password fields using the hardware keyboard. Into normal fields it was ok. very wierd

I wonder if someone would like to try this?

Vic

I haven't had time to reinstall yet but when I was playing around pre-need-to-reinstall (another story), I found that I couldn't enter Alt+ characters (i,e. numbers) into password fields using the hardware keyboard. Into normal fields it was ok. very wierd

I wonder if someone would like to try this?

Vic

so you talking about beta1?

if not, in bet2 update was a little mess regarding the qwerty layout (i'm sorry for that) now it should be fixed.

i have tried numbers with username & password in APN-Settings and in Google-Account-Settings ... both worked for me.

can you give me a reproduceable example in Issue 6?

Guest Jamievanm
so you talking about beta1?

if not, in bet2 update was a little mess regarding the qwerty layout (i'm sorry for that) now it should be fixed.

i have tried numbers with username & password in APN-Settings and in Google-Account-Settings ... both worked for me.

can you give me a reproduceable example in Issue 6?

Hey Mosci, thx for your work. This is the first keyboard of yours that I've tried.

But it is full of bugs on my device.

Everything works, except these buttons. They seem to do something else.

T = qwertyu

G=asdfghj

V=Zxcvbn

Spacebar = ??? I think search button.!

Please alter it! :P

Could you also make the W&L button do figure as a 'back' button? Or is it only able to use the arrow(back) button on hardware keyboard? Cause this kinda limits the phone to use the home button(camera-button) when not slided out.

* Tested keyboard in whatsapp (ping program)

The clean version of the update(without keyb altered) seems to turn off my screen after inactivity. Pressing / bashing anything doesnt work. Nees to be soft-reset.

The altered keyboard seems to mess up my system after one runtime. Get black screen at avery try :huh:

If someone can confirm this? I'd rather have you not. :D xd

Edited by Jamievanm

The clean version of the update(without keyb altered) seems to turn off my screen after inactivity. Pressing / bashing anything doesnt work. Nees to be soft-reset.

the 'sleep of death' also accured with the zImage for the I8000 on my phone (sometimes) it can help to wake up the phon by pressing

a key on the hardwarekeyboard - but sometimes even this don't work.

if you are not happy with the keyboardfix you can restore old keyboardbehavior & kernel with files from here

and for those who don't know ... the hole system is made for I8000 Phones ... B7610 Phones are different in many ways - you can not expect the same behavior.

Edited by mosci

Hi. On my b7610 installation was fine. K button is also working. I can make a call from my cell, BUT NO INCOMING CALL. On dialing my number from other cell, it says (after 1/2 of one complete ring) that user is busy (this happens when one disconnects the call without receiving) and that no indication of any incoming call is displayed on my cell. Anybody plz hlp ...... :P

Secondly, I'd like to know that can i install 3rd party android applications? If yes which version of android app. are supported !

Edited by lakhi

Guest tjeerdos

hi ,

on beta one i had troubles with market. after a clean install it worked again.

on beta 2 market again no downloads. so i thought lets reinstall. well it didn't help at all.

so i did this

in ubuntu i opened system/apps from (beta1) ext2.tar.gz. there i took gtalk.apk , gtalkservice.apk , market updater.apk and placed it on desktop ubuntu.

i opened disk/system/apps. there i replaced the files that i just took from ext2.tar. had to change the properties from the files. to read and write in order to make it happen. then i disconnected the phone. and started android.

then i noticed that gtalk is in the menu ( didn't have that or did not work) i opened gtalk and login.

and opened market and

i now can dowload.

hope this will work for more people because i know there are allot who wants it to work.

greets tjeerdos

Edited by tjeerdos

Been facing many many troubles with beta2 since has been published and maybe the way is to meet Ubuntu,

thanks for the info, surely this weekend I'll try the linux method.

I´ve done about 6-8 clean installs on XP/WinMo (with about 4-5 resets each) with no luck, but readed at i8000 topic same problems I have so maybe it isn't hardware related because of the obvious differences between both devices...