[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Hi i am new to this forum please guide me. :D

I cant get it install, i have read your all instructions given at 'http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php' and followed it in correct manner.

my phone is samsung Omnia pro B7610 (win mo 6.1).

I have downloaded 1024 MB image of the package.

The haret.exe from the 'o2beta dir'. stats and formated my SD mmc card & 'untar the ext2.tar.gz to my mmc card '

after this it says done rebooting now .... next it says 'kernel panic = attempted to kill init.'

rebooting in 30 sec.

after rebooting to win i run the 'haret.exe 'from the root of the my storage

it goes all the way and hangs at 'IPC TRSFER START OK'

after this my phone restarts and again win mo is starting. :D

Edited by xxxyy

Guest erikcas

See my post, directly above yours.. Post #375

And you are double-posting to!

grtz

Erik

I cant get it install, i have read your all instructions given at 'http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php' and followed it in correct manner.

my phone is samsung Omnia pro B7610 (win mo 6.1).

I have downloaded 1024 MB image of the package.

The haret.exe from the 'o2beta dir'. stats and formated my SD mmc card & 'untar the ext2.tar.gz to my mmc card '

after this it says done rebooting now .... next it says 'kernel panic = attempted to kill init.'

rebooting in 30 sec.

after rebooting to win i run the 'haret.exe 'from the root of the my storage

well dont worry .dont panic

all u have to do is just try with putting graphics drivers2 3d drivers . read above post.

well if dont work .formst ur sd card in cell from settimgs and make performence high .then install it again and before first boot put the drivers.

u will get it to work

hi was key mapping done for our device .

well do any one know how to disable chinese lamg when typing .ad chatting in yahoo chinese is default and i have to change it to english on keynoard everytie i post new reply. well is the beta2 installlion avilable for sd card means will all the files be on sd or which one . currently i have them on my storage

Guest elbee72
hi was key mapping done for our device .

well do any one know how to disable chinese lamg when typing .ad chatting in yahoo chinese is default and i have to change it to english on keynoard everytie i post new reply. well is the beta2 installlion avilable for sd card means will all the files be on sd or which one . currently i have them on my storage

* for keymapping and vibrate supp check http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=6#c70

* on chinese/eng keyboard longpress the yellow? key in the lower left corner, now you can choose default keyboard. If you install keyboards from market these will pop up here.

* normaly you install and boot from MyStorage under windows mobile, Android is installed automaticly on "hidden" partition of SD card, but you boot Android from MyStorage with Haret.

Guest JapyDooge
hmmmmm try the way i did it. so ubuntu 10.10 in vmware and so on

use only the latest beta_1024 installer from the original page, and then use the 2d/3d updates and keyboard

edit: i am confused why they used a non 800x480 eclair rom as omnia2 has 800x480 too :D

beta_1024 from the original page + 2D/3D drivers works, but is fairly unstable. Same problems as before, random hangs/crashes and the Android.process.media wich crashes quite often.

Also, i have 3G after setting up my APN, but the market does not download apps yet. I see them, i click download, the media process crashes again and they are stuck at 0% downloading.

I wonder if there is a way to build a more B7610-optimized kernel...

Guest JapyDooge
o my god

its to good to be true:( i have random errors now, market crashes all the time

maybe use EXT3 instead of EXT2?

Aaaah at least i'm not the only one with this problem now :D but i feel sorry for you.

I wonder if another filesystem will fix it, to me it looks like a driver problem. But we can try :D

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin
Aaaah at least i'm not the only one with this problem now :D but i feel sorry for you.

I wonder if another filesystem will fix it, to me it looks like a driver problem. But we can try :D

hmm from my experience, driver issues causes different errors instead of app crashes,

most of the time a faulty/invalid drivers causes kernel crashes

when i am home i will install android @EXT3 and see what happens

Guest JapyDooge
hmm from my experience, driver issues causes different errors instead of app crashes,

most of the time a faulty/invalid drivers causes kernel crashes

when i am home i will install android @EXT3 and see what happens

Well i was thinking driver issues because of the crashing media process, the device is'nt 100% the same as the Omnia Pro afaik :D

Guest erikcas
ONE MORE TIME:

for the guys who don't have root in the beta 2, just copy the .sh file from here, to my storage, rename it to o2b2update.sh and restart android.

Now you have root.

For who wants to be sure to have a rooted system

grtz Erik

well do any one know how to disable chinese lamg when typing .ad chatting in yahoo chinese is default and i have to change it to english on keynoard everytie

or ...

simply unchek Samsung IME and Check Android Keyboard in Settings -> language & keyboard

then you'll have the ariginal onscreen-keyboard which is english default

Guest tjeerdos
beta_1024 from the original page + 2D/3D drivers works, but is fairly unstable. Same problems as before, random hangs/crashes and the Android.process.media wich crashes quite often.

Also, i have 3G after setting up my APN, but the market does not download apps yet. I see them, i click download, the media process crashes again and they are stuck at 0% downloading.

I wonder if there is a way to build a more B7610-optimized kernel...

hi the market problem can be solved by installing gtalk. i did that whit ubuntu. market works after that

greets tjeerdos

or ...

simply unchek Samsung IME and Check Android Keyboard in Settings -> language & keyboard

then you'll have the ariginal onscreen-keyboard which is english default

thanks dear i have installed a new iphone like keypad ,

thanks for ur help .

one thing more when i check the new keyboad there is waaring that my passwords and credit card used will be with the developer of the iphonelike keypad,,

is it safe ,

plz tell me

* for keymapping and vibrate supp check http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=6#c70

* on chinese/eng keyboard longpress the yellow? key in the lower left corner, now you can choose default keyboard. If you install keyboards from market these will pop up here.

* normaly you install and boot from MyStorage under windows mobile, Android is installed automaticly on "hidden" partition of SD card, but you boot Android from MyStorage with Haret.

thanks for the links dear ,

dear when i have installed the keymapping ,

i have started facing problem while walking up .,

it is not that smotth ,

is it with all ,

or am i only sufferer from it ,

but really it is great work done ,

thanks a lot developers..

Guest Jamievanm
thanks for the links dear ,

dear when i have installed the keymapping ,

i have started facing problem while walking up .,

it is not that smotth ,

is it with all ,

or am i only sufferer from it ,

but really it is great work done ,

thanks a lot developers..

Have this wakeup crap too. Most of time just pressing all hw- buttons on phone works, when last pressed menubutton.

But pressing some random keyboard buttons also does the trick most of the time!

Edited by Jamievanm

well dont worry .dont panic

all u have to do is just try with putting graphics drivers2 3d drivers . read above post.

well if dont work .formst ur sd card in cell from settimgs and make performence high .then install it again and before first boot put the drivers.

u will get it to work

Thanks for the suggestion.

NOW Its working fine but without any connectivity (NO Bluetooth, wifi, GPRS etc.)

can you guide me to enable this things.

my keypad is not working too.

my phone is b7610

I guess a lot of users would really appreciate an up-to-date manual on how to install the latest beta + drivers. I had Android working stable for 2 days, untill I encountered the "Try passing "init blabla" " error. Again, i'm trying 2 full days to get it back as stable as it used to be, but with no succes so far..

Maybe the first post of the thread should contain the latest install method. By now i've tried the tutorial from the first post, as well as post 306 / 308, but still encounter random crashes/sleep of deaths and limited usability of the hardware keyboard ( which also used to be OK, working on it now ). The previous installation was remarkably stable, but now i'm down at the bottom again :D.

Also, when applying updates, what's the effect of replacing the Zimage? I've updated everytime with replacing this file, but what's the effect of ( not ) replacing it. I know it represents the kernel, but when i've installed ( e.g. ) the keyboard fix, and i want to install another update, will replacing the Zimage remove my keyboard functionality? I guess the lack of this knowledge might cause the random errors at the update process.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the suggestion.

NOW Its working fine but without any connectivity (NO Bluetooth, wifi, GPRS etc.)

can you guide me to enable this things.

my keypad is not working too.

my phone is b7610

well looks good if it helped you ..

still i think wifi and bluetooth are not fixed,, not sure about it ... just ask it again from some one.......

and to enable phone you will have to switch off the airplane mode.

i think it is enabled in our case.

for the keypad solution, just check u can get the vibration and keybord keys working here,

if u dont understand ask here.

http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=6#c70

Maybe the first post of the thread should contain the latest install method.

Also, when applying updates, what's the effect of replacing the Zimage? I've updated everytime with replacing this file, but what's the effect of ( not ) replacing it. I know it represents the kernel, but when i've installed ( e.g. ) the keyboard fix, and i want to install another update, will replacing the Zimage remove my keyboard functionality? I guess the lack of this knowledge might cause the random errors at the update process.

I agree. Thus far, I was only able to boot in Android 2 times, all the other times I end up with the sync error while booting. Spend more time trying to get the thing working than I could play around and test stuff in Android.

Updating the first post should be done after every update (when there are changes in the installation process)...

Guest centodue

Hello all!

Fantastic beta release and good work in progress for the developers!

I have B7610 too and in the next there is my installation sequence procedure, if someone prefer to have installation in Device Memory (My Memory ...MiMemoria, in italian language :) )

I installed all using "Post #361" instructions but with the next differents:

1) MyMemory is 2 GB and I have not deleted/unallocated 512 MB of the hidden memory, so I unallocated only 1,5 GB of internal memory (hidden 512 MB with louvre.mli files are not removed)

Using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" :

2) I created FAT32 partition of 512 MB and 1GB not allocated

3) I created EXT3 partition using 1GB unallocated memory

4) I transferred as point 9) of "Post #361" the files/folder in FAT32 partition (called "disk0")

At this point I had the next files/folder inside FAT32 (disk0) partition of MyMemory:

- O2BETA folder

- Default.txt (must be modified as point 13 of "Post #361", I changed in --> "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init" and all works correctly!)

- ext2.tar

- HARET.exe

- o2bupdate.tar (update for 2D/3D drivers)

- zImage

5) Using another my PC with Ubuntu 10.10 I extracted files in EXT3 partition (called "disk1", so a used linux command described in post #361 changing indication "disk" with "disk1")

2 extracting steps:

- first --> ext2.tar

- second --> o2bupdate.tar (update for 2D/3D drivers)

I disconnected B7610, and I launch haret.exe present in MyMemory (not in folder "O2BETA") as in point 14 of "Post #361"

Everything was ok and android run but system crashed during automatic first configuration

I made soft reset and I added keyboard fix files before to launch again Android:

6) Connecting again to Windows XP PC: I renamed "zImage" file (present in MyMemory) as "zImage1" and I added 2 files to fix keyboard using the next link:

B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip

Now I have in MyMemory:

- O2BETA folder

- Default.txt (must be modified as point 13 of "Post #361", I changed in --> "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init" and all works correctly!)

- ext2.tar

- HARET.exe

- o2bupdate.tar (first update for 2D/3D drivers)

- zImage

- zImage1 (this will be not used)

- o2b2update.tar (update to fix keyboard problem)

7) Using again Ubuntu I extracted this second update in ext3 partition (refer to "Post #361" sequence commands to extract)

Then I installed "DualBoot" tool:

- See point "3.1 Gen.Y DualBoot" of this link:

Tutorials for Android

At this point you must have in Memory Card root:

- Haret.exe

- default.txt

- zImage

Launching "Gen" icon for dual boot I can see WM and Android OS active with default startup for WM.

10 seconds time default to choose OS...without selection WM remain active.

Choosing Android OS --> it starts correctly

I can confirm the next points:

- keyboard fixed

- configuring new APN (for italian uses with Vodafone operator set "mobile.vodafone.it" if you have "zero limits") internet and market work correctly

I read that bluetooth and wifi are not working and not fixed at the moment

I have next problems:

- no rotation opening keyboard

- sleep problems (no wake up). I will try using "Post #366, #367 and #368" (it could be a good solution?)

- sometimes system crashes and I need soft reset

- display swith off during calls and it doesn't switch on again since I don't use Menu key of WM --> it starts again in lock screen :)

- sometimes android starts with some problem:

1) no working internet connection/market

2) no work correctly some setting function (brightness and others)

In this case I need to make soft reset and options work correctly again.

I hope to have supported with my indications.

If someone has answers for my faulties , please tell me the solution.

Thank you and good Android on B7610 to everybody!!!! :D :D

EDIT: I tried calls and after 30 seconds all is mute! I cannot use my B7610 :-(

This is the main faulty...solution???

EDIT 2: I received response at the "Post #107" of the next thread: (ops...here tooo!! ihihihi...)

Solution for calling stop

Thank you to Erickas

Edited by centodue

Guest erikcas
Check http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Install call light from market (don't forget to start service after installing)

grtz Erik

Hello all!

Fantastic beta release and good work in progress for the developers!

Thank you and good Android on B7610 to everybody!!!! :D :D

EDIT: I tried calls and after 30 seconds all is mute! I cannot use my B7610 :-(

This is the main faulty...solution???

Check http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Install call light from Market :)