[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest tjeerdos

okay strange,

today android freezed. after putting him back on it took some more time to startup.

but then for some strange reason it was back to fisrtinstall so i was back in setupmenu etc etc.

strange how can that be? ??

anyways i installed my back up again. then i noticed the next thing.

the last time he didn't put my backup right unless i changed the partitions the same size as it was with the backup.

today i tried it again with different size of partition because i still thought that was strange . and it just went right.

i also used these updates

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...hes-repository/

they work like a charm if you install them in the right order like they say

greets tjeerdos

ps i am on beta 1

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

okay just did a upgrade from beta 1 to 2 and with the updates i used (post 502)

hoping for a good working beta2.

had a lot of problems with beta2 will let you know if its beter with these updates

Guest tjeerdos
okay just did a upgrade from beta 1 to 2 and with the updates i used (post 502)

hoping for a good working beta2.

had a lot of problems with beta2 will let you know if its beter with these updates

its driving me crazy. again i get a lot of sleep of deaths in beta2. i use call light or keep screen. task manager and auto kill on. and i use cpu program and in setup i used screen of min 400 ( tried all. even 800) etc etc.

i get it so often i am almost only resetting the device instead of testing and playing

on beta 1 maybe once in the 2 days sod........

going to try it further for today. maybe tomorrow back to beta 1 if its stays like this. and wait for next update or maybe even beta3

Guest new2city

beta 2 os weird, I have installed the 2D/3D drivers, the keyboard fix rev 80 and it works fine. except

- sometimes, I cannot boot up

-> hangs during IPC transfer OR

-> hangs during after one of the drivers init

Now, when it boots there is a sorry screen(permanently now) with the android splash screen but without the animation, and it carries on.

After successful boot up, if I do nothing, when it goes to sleep it is a sleep of death..

However, is I reboot and do certain things( I still have not figure out the sequence), it just works fine.. until I reboot again (I have too, battery drain is high) and I have to figure it out again. So far, I have had it on beta 2 for a few days(only day time).

I just have call lite service on to fix the mute bug and task killer(but not in automatic mode) on in the background.

I just have call lite service on to fix the mute bug and task killer(but not in automatic mode) on in the background.

i have that in automatic-mode and DataOnDemand installed also ... which disables 3g while screen is off.

furthermore it seems to be more stable (less sleep of death) if the phone was connected to usb while starting up (and a little while after - at least until it gets to sleep first)

i do not know how this makes sense ... but if i boot the phone to android without usb-connection it falls in deepsleep much more often

i have not much apps installed ...

only adv. task killer,data on demand, call light, rotated

2d/3d, cpu1.3 (jit enabled in build.prop),qwertz_rev80

based on beta2_1024.zip

if all works good i only have to press once power/endcall-button and the phone awakes within maximum 2 seconds - if that don't work -> nothing else will work - except pinhole-reset

i do test quite often... so my phone's greatest uptime was about 40 hours with beta2 before i rebooted it ... mostly it can just make some uptime while i'm alseep .)

unfortunatly it falls never in deepsleep (sod) as long as it is connected to usb (adb) - i wanted to know if i can see something went wrong in logcat / dmesg what causes the sod

Edited by mosci

Guest new2city
I am now experiencing a similar stability to mosci. The only time I can guarantee a Sleep of death is if I end a call and sleep straight away.

Vic

that doesn't happen to me. Once I eliminate the sleep of death from happening the first time, it never happens. Even if I do what you said above.

BTW, you guys got it charging in android? i think I miss something. I don't seem to get it chargin even if I plug in the power adaptor..

i checked in settings and it still shows battery discharging even if I am plugged in.

BTW, you guys got it charging in android? i think I miss something. I don't seem to get it chargin even if I plug in the power adaptor..

haha .. funny ... just looked if my phone was waking up again after a night full of sleep ...

and it did ... after that i plugged in usb and it freezed :huh:

but normally it charges with usb

(im using linux as main os)

Guest Superwuppy

when i plug in the power adapter and i am in settings>status>battery

i plug in and unplug i see

plug in - charging - unplug an plug in again - NOT charging - unplug and plug in again - DIScharging ??????

Edited by Superwuppy

plug in - charging - unplug an plug in again - NOT charging - unplug and plug in again - DIScharging ??????

i can not confirm that

plug-in : charding (usb) - unplug: not charging ... every time again

(i'm now on kernel rev83)

Edited by mosci

Guest erikcas
i can not confirm that

plug-in : charding (usb) - unplug: not charging ... every time again

(i'm now on kernel rev83)

can't confirm either. I think I noticed it in Beta1, but in Beta2 (rev 80) charging works correctly when plugging / unplugging

grtz Erik

Guest erikcas

Hey Mosci, going to try rev_83 :huh:

Edit: Mosci, I have a problem with this, reported on project page

Edit2: Mosci pointed the problem, storage wasn't mounted. After repartitioning all works!

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErnstJanF

@Someone with experience:

Can someone please make a (very) small guide on how to edit the source?

What i'd like to know is:

1) What app to use to download the source

2) What app to use for editing the source files

3) What app(s) to use for rebuilding (compiling) the source

If someone could list that, I would really appreciate it! :huh:

@Someone with experience:

Can someone please make a (very) small guide on how to edit the source?

What i'd like to know is:

1) What app to use to download the source

2) What app to use for editing the source files

3) What app(s) to use for rebuilding (compiling) the source

If someone could list that, I would really appreciate it! :)

like on post #477 described

1) svn (from the subversion package)

2) any texteditor you prefer (source files are textfiles)

3) make (and some options)

it's simple kernel-building ... with additional cross_compiling settings

you need to setup you a eabi-toolchain for cross_compiling

google-search-keywords like 'build kernel', 'eabi toolchain', 'cross compile' will provide a lot of howtos

i don't know if you can manage this on windoze too - and i would recomend to build linux-kernels on linux os

kernel-hackers will know how to get there

for all others who would like to learn this: there is no other way than being interested and educate yourself much howto's are available.

it's not impossible & it's not a big deal - but it's hard to illustrate it in a short way even without knowing at which point of given knowledge to start.

you can fill a whole forum with howtos/questions/problems regarding to (cross)compile kernels - maintaining this forum will prevent you from doing anything esle than this :huh:

Guest new2city

Hey Mosci,

I am on Rev83 at the moment and so far, it's good, so far, 3 out of 3 startups was good. Last night was the first time I was on Android the whole night, woken up by the default alarm clock.

thanks!

Guest mosci
Hey Mosci,

I am on Rev83 at the moment and so far, it's good, so far, 3 out of 3 startups was good. Last night was the first time I was on Android the whole night, woken up by the default alarm clock.

thanks!

thanks but i'm only compiling with a small set of changes for keyboard and vib

the credit goes to the dev's which makes the hard part of the work!

Edited by mosci

Guest xxxyy
thanks but i'm only compiling with a small set of changes for keyboard and vib

the credit goes to the dev's which makes the hard part of the work!

HI I AM NEW TO THIS

CAN ANY BUDDY TELL ME THAT WHERE CAN I FOUND THE LATEST WORKING VER. FOR THIS O2B2

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin
HI I AM NEW TO THIS

CAN ANY BUDDY TELL ME THAT WHERE CAN I FOUND THE LATEST WORKING VER. FOR THIS O2B2

first of all, fix your caps-lock :huh:

secondely, check the first post for the files

Edited by ashwin Bhagwandin

Guest Da Phoenix

I'm trying to install Android on my B7610.

But in Ubuntu I got this.

post-798292-1298995242_thumb.png

post-798292-1298995246_thumb.png

Could someone help me.

Sorry for my bad English,

I'm Dutch

Guest gauravv
I'm trying to install Android on my B7610.

But in Ubuntu I got this.

post-798292-1298995242_thumb.png

post-798292-1298995246_thumb.png

Could someone help me.

Sorry for my bad English,

I'm Dutch

recheck your ex2 partition name it may be disk_ .....if so use disk_ in codes

Guest t.i.m.a.a.2k

im close to get it to work i think

but when i run haret.exe (the second one)

right after the line:

"OK! IPC TRANSER START..!"

there is another that says

"BUG: recent printk recursion" ?!

after that the device freezes and i got to reboot

anyone able to help me to get it working properly?

and yea i did exactly what the guide told me to do...

rebooted and it worked!!

android is really amazing compared to winmo 6.5

just sad that even the calculator does work xD

Edited by t.i.m.a.a.2k

Guest Da Phoenix
recheck your ex2 partition name it may be disk_ .....if so use disk_ in codes

Thanks. Kinda...

It didn't uses the "/" after disk.

Now it's working

Guest centodue

Working to set ext3, ext4, fat32 in MyMemory etc... i had an abnormal block and 2GB of my memory now is totally empty :( :( :)

How can I do to have again 512MB of default hidden memory with louvre.mli image file of the ROM used?

Do I need some particular procedure or can I create just a FAT32 partition and reload WM ROM with OCTANS ?

thank u in advantage.

Giorgio

Guest sakisds
Working to set ext3, ext4, fat32 in MyMemory etc... i had an abnormal block and 2GB of my memory now is totally empty :( :( :)

How can I do to have again 512MB of default hidden memory with louvre.mli image file of the ROM used?

Do I need some particular procedure or can I create just a FAT32 partition and reload WM ROM with OCTANS ?

thank u in advantage.

Giorgio

Flashing mst and letting it format My Storage should fix the partitions in there. But personally I never recommend to flash mst because it includes eBoot which isn't safe is something goes wrong.