[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest kaspy
Hi

please can any buddy tell me how to use GPRS in B7610 android please or is it enabled.

you have to read the first post of the topic brother,

and follow the steps.

if u use beta 2 , you will get the gprs working ,

ohh i think u need help about the apn..

well if u have already installed all updates, just go in settings> network setting> APN (haa ita can different ,, i have just dont remember it )

and fill apn of ur network operator,

Good luck

Guest centodue
Hi

please can any buddy tell me how to use GPRS in B7610 android please or is it enabled.

follow Kaspy indication

If Italian mobile with Vodafone you should set "mobile.vodafone.it" (only with "zero limit offert" , in other case I don't know if you could have expensive costs to use this APN)

About "test-rev100.zip" I can confirm to have sensor working correctly but at the moment I have not checked Compass.

I checked that keymap is not correct (Is the same for you?)

Power comsumption is less than before and temperature is surely less than "b7610_update_20110303.zip"....do you know why???

I have still the problem of freeze (refer to my Post #594)

This morning I update with "test-rev100.zip" and it seemed to work correctly but some minute ago I plugged B7610 to power supply and it freezed again! :D

Nobody can help me about this?

Guest erikcas
follow Kaspy indication

If Italian mobile with Vodafone you should set "mobile.vodafone.it" (only with "zero limit offert" , in other case I don't know if you could have expensive costs to use this APN)

About "test-rev100.zip" I can confirm to have sensor working correctly but at the moment I have not checked Compass.

I checked that keymap is not correct (Is the same for you?)

Power comsumption is less than before and temperature is surely less than "b7610_update_20110303.zip"....do you know why???

I have still the problem of freeze (refer to my Post #594)

This morning I update with "test-rev100.zip" and it seemed to work correctly but some minute ago I plugged B7610 to power supply and it freezed again! :D

Nobody can help me about this?

Can you tell which keys are wrong?

Compass is right when phone is held vertically but not when horizontally. I am working on this. I hope I have an answer on that tonight.

grtz

Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest new2city
cheers new2city,

i presume by manual installation you mean extract the tar/gz file to an ex2 or ex3 partition on the sd card?

if so is it possible to do it in windows? i've looked at some ex2/3 drivers for windows and none of them seem to support writing, only reading!

in the beginning, I have tried it (the ext2/3 drivers) on windows(yes, it can read and write) but it didn't work. So I just took the suggestion from here to use vmware with ubuntu, nowadays, I just boot from the live CD installation on my usb stick.

Guest new2city
I downloaded in Android Thread Discussion the timeupdate.zip file but I don't know how to use o2b2update.sh file.

Is it working with B7610 too?

The main problem for me is to have no freeze and stability to use android normally every day, because at the moment I cannot. The risk to have death situation for important calls is too high.

I know that my mobile gives normal ring for who calls me but I have not notification because it is may be already in death condition, and so I need sometimes to check if it wakes up or not....stressing!

Thank you all

Giorgio

I don't know about anyone else, but the timeupdate.zip didn't work for me, maybe it is because I don't have GPRS or 3G enabled?? Anyhow, I had to disable it.

As for the o2b2update.sh file, if you cannot get it updated in the normal way(like me), it will update, if you copy this file into the \Storage folder and restart android.

Guest tjeerdos
I don't know about anyone else, but the timeupdate.zip didn't work for me, maybe it is because I don't have GPRS or 3G enabled?? Anyhow, I had to disable it.

As for the o2b2update.sh file, if you cannot get it updated in the normal way(like me), it will update, if you copy this file into the \Storage folder and restart android.

thanks for the storage tip. that worked.

greets tjeerdos

Guest Westsidemg

Need help ppl i get the next error when i want to start Android from de sd card

[4.4641698] Kernel Panic- Not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,10)

Can some one help me and tell me how to fix this??

What i tried already:

-Format the sd-card again

-Put the update files on it

- searching the forum to find an awnser.

Edited by Westsidemg

Guest new2city

[4.4641698] Kernel Panic- Not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,10)

What i tried already:

did you edit your default.txt to point to the sd card?

Guest centodue

What i tried already:

Read first post instructions to install in internal memory. There is a point in which is described how to edit "default.txt" file to read correctly sd memory. Without this change you will have always "panic..."

Can you tell which keys are wrong?

Compass is right when phone is held vertically but not when horizontally. I am working on this. I hope I have an answer on that tonight.

grtz

Erik

all the second function keys are not correct (next listen for my actual "Alt+key" configuration present starting from upper)

* 1 2 3 + % & $ ( )

# 4 5 6 - [ ] " '

7 8 9 = < > !

; :

I have GPRS and 3G enabled but it doesn't work with me :D

I tried but I receive notification that services "clock" is stopped and so I am not able to update time. Always 1 hour of difference...changing time and restarting I have time not correct in WMO.

I installed Android in MyMemory and partition in internal memory of B7610

I have not clear why GenY DualBoot work just ones and at the second start it says "registry error" and it is not able to start Haret and I must click directly on haret.exe to lauch...

Edited by centodue

Guest prophet_in

i am very new to this so please bear my silly questions , i want to ask you is that when i install android , will ( or how will) i be able to start win ?

pleas let me know

Guest tjeerdos
i am very new to this so please bear my silly questions , i want to ask you is that when i install android , will ( or how will) i be able to start win ?

pleas let me know

hi a softreset will do

Guest Gurbanyo

Hi all.i just want to ask maybe somebody know`s why after 03.03-until to day updates when i`m push any button android freezing.touchscreen everything okay but when i`m pushing any button on my phone it`s freezing( (my phone is b7620)

Guest tjeerdos
Hi all.i just want to ask maybe somebody know`s why after 03.03-until to day updates when i`m push any button android freezing.touchscreen everything okay but when i`m pushing any button on my phone it`s freezing( (my phone is b7620)

hi try to install mosci's keyboard update again. think you are using the wrong kernel

greetss tjeerdos

Guest centodue
Centodu,

could you please try to boot with latest update from issue #6 (here) from Mosci and see if this corrects your keyboard?

I was using its already before to change with new "test-rev100.zip" and keyboard was correct.

Is it possible to have sensor ok and keyborad layout ok in the same time?

In every case I am trying to don't use keyboard because during composition all freeze and I must restart. What can be this problem?

thank you erikcas

Guest erikcas
I was using its already before to change with new "test-rev100.zip" and keyboard was correct.

Is it possible to have sensor ok and keyborad layout ok in the same time?

In every case I am trying to don't use keyboard because during composition all freeze and I must restart. What can be this problem?

thank you erikcas

Yes, at least I can, I'm using it right now with fixed orientation (posting from B7610). Never have problems with it.

See also post 94 & 95 in Issue 6. Maybe this helps?

grtz Erik

Guest aaronage

Can anyone confirm if Android on the B7610 is stable? And when i say stable i mean:

no more Black screen of death.

doesn't crash during phone calls.

no more random hangs.

I guess from the previous posts that the Keyboard button now all work the way they should, and that the landscape view also works now?

If so, I'll re-install again, but i spent WAY to many hours trying different things the get it stable. I managed it once, and then with the next update it became unstable again and i lost interest. I was spending so much time installing/reinstalling that i started getting stress from my GF!

Guest elbee72
Can anyone confirm if Android on the B7610 is stable? And when i say stable i mean:

no more Black screen of death.

doesn't crash during phone calls.

no more random hangs.

I guess from the previous posts that the Keyboard button now all work the way they should, and that the landscape view also works now?

If so, I'll re-install again, but i spent WAY to many hours trying different things the get it stable. I managed it once, and then with the next update it became unstable again and i lost interest. I was spending so much time installing/reinstalling that i started getting stress from my GF!

stable for a beta ...

but even on i8000 the port it isn't stable enough for 100% reliable use (but amazingly fast/reliable/stable/feature packed for a beta).

it seems sometimes you can get SOD and nowbody exactly knows how it can be avoided (other than charging it)

and it seems during a SOD you can get texted / called but no log is made of those communications, so you can loose data.

Guest centodue
Yes, at least I can, I'm using it right now with fixed orientation (posting from B7610). Never have problems with it.

See also post 94 & 95 in Issue 6. Maybe this helps?

grtz Erik

I formatted all again and I reinstalled

- beta2_1024

- 2D/3D driver (02bupdate)

- b7610_update_20110303 (sensor with error and B7610 keyboard ok)

- test_rev100 (sensor ok and keyboard ok)

so now everything is ok, but just a mistakes I made :D

- inserted "timeupdate" (o2b2update.sh) in /storage folder --> start android and I forget to change time before restart again and I have not possibility to change again time! The time is not selecting :D

How can I do?

hey all, im now encountering another problem installing android.

i cant use the o2beta folder to setup the memory card as its 16gb and it gives me an unusual error (see previous post)

now im trying to use ubuntu to format the card to have one fat 32 partition and one ext2 afterwards, however every way i do it

(tried with and without extended partitions), the phone wipes the ext2 partition after disconnecting it from the pc in mass storage mode..

meaning when i load haret.exe in the main storage, it complains it cant find "init" and just freezes there.

not been able to find a way around this. anyone advise?

running samsungs original rom (wm 6.1) on b7610

Guest new2city
hey all, im now encountering another problem installing android.

i cant use the o2beta folder to setup the memory card as its 16gb and it gives me an unusual error (see previous post)

now im trying to use ubuntu to format the card to have one fat 32 partition and one ext2 afterwards, however every way i do it

(tried with and without extended partitions), the phone wipes the ext2 partition after disconnecting it from the pc in mass storage mode..

meaning when i load haret.exe in the main storage, it complains it cant find "init" and just freezes there.

not been able to find a way around this. anyone advise?

running samsungs original rom (wm 6.1) on b7610

you need to read more!

1) Are you sure the phone wipes the ext2 partition? Note that windows mobile cannot see the ext2 partition.

2) you need to edit the default.txt to point to the correct partition, the original settings may not work, you can find out the correct one if you see the starting up text where it complains it can't find "init"

Guest new2city
I formatted all again and I reinstalled

- beta2_1024

- 2D/3D driver (02bupdate)

- b7610_update_20110303 (sensor with error and B7610 keyboard ok)

- test_rev100 (sensor ok and keyboard ok)

so now everything is ok, but just a mistakes I made :D

- inserted "timeupdate" (o2b2update.sh) in /storage folder --> start android and I forget to change time before restart again and I have not possibility to change again time! The time is not selecting :D

How can I do?

do it again but, this time edit the *.sh file with a text editor and change 1 to 0 or vice versa, I cannot confirm it as I have already dump the time update files..

Guest centodue
do it again but, this time edit the *.sh file with a text editor and change 1 to 0 or vice versa, I cannot confirm it as I have already dump the time update files..

But do I need to reinstall all or can I make only the last step to update time?

Looking in "/Storage" folder the file "o2b2update.sh" is not present and now there is just a new file "o2b2update.txt" with the next line inside:

"46|autotime|0"

I tried to change it in:

"46|autotime|1" but nothing is changed.

Then FOR EVERYBODY:

NEW UPDATE --> HERE!

And this is the comment:

2011-03-19: New kernel and modules (+ keylayout for those who didn't update it yet). Main changes are: fixes for SDHCI/MMC (ported from 2.6.32, external sd is much faster now), new battery profile (now percentage is more like in WM), compass calibration bugfix. Download here: kernel_19032011.zip.

It could be important for battery percentage update that is very different (at the moment) by WM.

Guest new2city
But do I need to reinstall all or can I make only the last step to update time?

Looking in "/Storage" folder the file "o2b2update.sh" is not present and now there is just a new file "o2b2update.txt" with the next line inside:

"46|autotime|0"

I tried to change it in:

"46|autotime|1" but nothing is changed.

it must be *.sh or it won't work!!

as for the new updatet, wait for a B7610 kernel first. it's on it's way according to elbee.

Edited by new2city

Guest centodue
it must be *.sh or it won't work!!

as for the new updatet, wait for a B7610 kernel first. it's on it's way according to elbee.

browsing in :

"/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/" there is "settings.db" file

Thank to my collegue I changed it and now I have 2 files (one of them remaned "settings.old" by me)

One is with auto_time ON and the second is with auto_time OFF, so changing just the extension it is possible to activate "auto_time" or not. But I have not clear if to have auto udate I must sync using GPS (because I have not done it at the moment) or if auto sync is with GPRS connection

Could they be useful for someone?

In every case I solved offset time using "timesync" (on the market)

Edited by centodue