[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

you need to read more!

1) Are you sure the phone wipes the ext2 partition? Note that windows mobile cannot see the ext2 partition.

2) you need to edit the default.txt to point to the correct partition, the original settings may not work, you can find out the correct one if you see the starting up text where it complains it can't find "init"

i cant see any other explanation for it. i have a card reader and if i transfer the files to the sd card using that, eject it and put it in again - everything is still there.

using mass storage mode with the phone, i mount it in unbuntu, split it into two primary partitions, fat32 and ext2 at the end, extract the ex2.tar.gz file, unmount everything, disconnect the usb wire, reconnect the usb wire 20 secs later only to find the ext2 partition wiped.

if i use the card reader then put it into the phone it wipes the partition that way too. so im completely stumped with this!

thanks for the reply btw :D

Guest new2city
i cant see any other explanation for it. i have a card reader and if i transfer the files to the sd card using that, eject it and put it in again - everything is still there.

using mass storage mode with the phone, i mount it in unbuntu, split it into two primary partitions, fat32 and ext2 at the end, extract the ex2.tar.gz file, unmount everything, disconnect the usb wire, reconnect the usb wire 20 secs later only to find the ext2 partition wiped.

if i use the card reader then put it into the phone it wipes the partition that way too. so im completely stumped with this!

thanks for the reply btw :D

I am not a Linux guy, so I did my partitioning in windows. My ext2 is not a primary partition, it is just a logical partition. As I know(I might be wrong), you cannot have 2 primary partitions on a storage media. Maybe that is why you are having problems. ?? Just a guess...

Guest Superwuppy
NEW UPDATE --> HERE!

And this is the comment:

2011-03-19: New kernel and modules (+ keylayout for those who didn't update it yet). Main changes are: fixes for SDHCI/MMC (ported from 2.6.32, external sd is much faster now), new battery profile (now percentage is more like in WM), compass calibration bugfix. Download here: kernel_19032011.zip.

It could be important for battery percentage update that is very different (at the moment) by WM.

hi i did the new update

but when i press a hardware button phone freezes

i already did the key update but in the new update it is included with the key update

so is it possible that i have 2 key settings so it freezes the phone

phone was fine for weeks

hope not to do a fresh new install

Edited by Superwuppy

Guest JustAJ

Dear people,

Maybe Im doing something wrong, but it doesn't work for me. I'll describe what I do to try to make Android running on my B7610.

I downloaded the files needed (beta2_1024, kernel_19032011, timeupdate and update2011_0303, zImage from 2011-03-09) and extracted them to my formatted My Storage.

It asks if it can replace files, when it was newer, I overwrited it, when it was older, I let it that way.

I also formatted my SD Card (8gb) to Fat32 with a cluster size of 4096.

So I first run the haret.exe from the O2BETA folder, it says it untars ext2.tar.gz from the Main Storage (?) and when it is done, it tries to restart, but then it gets a kernel panic....

Then there doesn't happen something for quite some time, when after a 'huge' bang it restarts Windows....

Hulp? :D

(ow, I tried several times running the haret.exe from the root, it seems to me it succesfully installs, but when I try to run it again (I understood you have to do that, in order to launch Android) it happely installs again :D )

Thanks in advance,

JustAJ

Guest frenkie999999999

HY to everybody!! I have only a problem:

the internal QWERTY keyboard lights remain lit when the keypad is closed!

someone else has the same problem?

Guest tjeerdos
HY to everybody!! I have only a problem:

the internal QWERTY keyboard lights remain lit when the keypad is closed!

someone else has the same problem?

i think all b7610 do. when screen is of keyboard light is to. when screen is in keyboard is on.

greets tjeerdos

Guest elbee72
i think all b7610 do. when screen is of keyboard light is to. when screen is in keyboard is on.

greets tjeerdos

maybe someone would like to do some tests in winmo using gpiogfx?

When mechanism of lights is know, maybe we can patch it ...

Guest tjeerdos
maybe someone would like to do some tests in winmo using gpiogfx?

When mechanism of lights is know, maybe we can patch it ...

will have a look at it tonight or tomorrow.....

don't know if i can but wil try.

me personal don't mind the keyboard light its better this way than in winmo (winmo only 2-3 sec on)

so if patching is making it the same as in winmo. maybe it's better to leave it this way.

because in many forums everybody is asking for a tweak to make the keyboard lights on for a longer time in winmo.

greets tjeerdos

Guest elbee72
will have a look at it tonight or tomorrow.....

don't know if i can but wil try.

me personal don't mind the keyboard light its better this way than in winmo (winmo only 2-3 sec on)

so if patching is making it the same as in winmo. maybe it's better to leave it this way.

because in many forums everybody is asking for a tweak to make the keyboard lights on for a longer time in winmo.

greets tjeerdos

curious how it is done in native android phones with simular keyboard leds.

Maybe use the signals we get from winmo, and use drivercode/settings from other native android phone.

Guest Blo0odyHell

ive ran a clean install, after install i installed Kernel-B7610-GC-REV29..

but i cant start android. the phone reboots just before showing the "Android" logo

Guest elbee72
ive ran a clean install, after install i installed Kernel-B7610-GC-REV29..

but i cant start android. the phone reboots just before showing the "Android" logo

after clean install, you first have to install update with 2d/3d drivers, without it beta2 is onstable/broken.

after beta2 is stable you can update with rev29 to fix some minor b7610 bugs.

Guest Blo0odyHell
after clean install, you first have to install update with 2d/3d drivers, without it beta2 is onstable/broken.

after beta2 is stable you can update with rev29 to fix some minor b7610 bugs.

yep youre right.. dumb, my mistake, totally forgotten the 2d3d :$

thank you :D

I am not a Linux guy, so I did my partitioning in windows. My ext2 is not a primary partition, it is just a logical partition. As I know(I might be wrong), you cannot have 2 primary partitions on a storage media. Maybe that is why you are having problems. ?? Just a guess...

ok so what your suggesting is primary partition as fat32, then an extended partition after it with a logical ext2 partition inside? im sure i did this but i can try again!

what software did you use for windows to write to the ext2 partition?

cheers!

Guest Gurbanyo
ok so what your suggesting is primary partition as fat32, then an extended partition after it with a logical ext2 partition inside? im sure i did this but i can try again!

what software did you use for windows to write to the ext2 partition?

cheers!

AcronisDiscDirector

Guest ErnstJanF
AcronisDiscDirector

A disk can contain up to four (4) primary partitions. Windows creates an extended partition if you create the fourth partition.

I think android needs a primary partition to boot from..

Guest harsheen

where can i download the stuff mentioned and im new to this so a little help would be appreciated..

though i must say AMAZING work man.. thanks

Guest ErnstJanF
where can i download the stuff mentioned and im new to this so a little help would be appreciated..

though i must say AMAZING work man.. thanks

Does it even help that people post full tutorials? Users don't use them most of the time just whining in a random topic for help :D

click

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest harsheen
Does it even help that people post full tutorials? Users don't use them most of the time just whining in a random topic for help ;)

click

i wanted the download links to this haret thing and the 2D/3D drivers.... the tutorial doesn't have the download link does it ?????????

Edited by harsheen

Guest elbee72
must say rev29 works great over here...... thanksssss

didn't have time jet to play with gpiofx. going to try it one of these days

erik already found the slide interrupt with haret but led gpio(s) not yet.

i found the slide interupt also in winmo dll but also not the led gpio(s).

i am busy finding out how to cut&paste keyboardslide interrupt handler from other phone into this one.

If it works it has to solve the double softkey/hardkey keyboard so solve the double input.

Even if we find the keyboard led/backlight i have no idea yet how to patch it in the kernel ...

trying to understand the m910 led driver/code now ...

gpiogfx is not the best next step now, but it is nice to play with, and maybe you find something (would be nice).

Guest tjeerdos
erik already found the slide interrupt with haret but led gpio(s) not yet.

i found the slide interupt also in winmo dll but also not the led gpio(s).

i am busy finding out how to cut&paste keyboardslide interrupt handler from other phone into this one.

If it works it has to solve the double softkey/hardkey keyboard so solve the double input.

Even if we find the keyboard led/backlight i have no idea yet how to patch it in the kernel ...

trying to understand the m910 led driver/code now ...

gpiogfx is not the best next step now, but it is nice to play with, and maybe you find something (would be nice).

okay a step further then. good work. i did noticed one thing (i have rev29) . if the slide keyboard is open and with screen on landscape. the buttons up down left right are wrong.

when i push up the cursor goes left and down is right left is up right is down.

any idea?

Guest erikcas
okay a step further then. good work. i did noticed one thing (i have rev29) . if the slide keyboard is open and with screen on landscape. the buttons up down left right are wrong.

when i push up the cursor goes left and down is right left is up right is down.

any idea?

Tjeerdos, noticed that to.

First time a used them was today..

Questionmark is wrong also. I will try to correct this, I think that is in the keyboardfiles and not in the kernelupdate.

Gr

Erik

Guest tjeerdos
Tjeerdos, noticed that to.

First time a used them was today..

Questionmark is wrong also. I will try to correct this, I think that is in the keyboardfiles and not in the kernelupdate.

Gr

Erik

yes you are right. forgot to say that one. i tried to make a ? with the up button but that didn't work for me.

thanks

Guest tjeerdos

i also want to say that since rev29 i haven't had one sod and the battery is great. if i unplug him in the morning i can easily make it to the night or a bit longer. with normal usage. so if this is thanks to rev29 there has been done a really really good job on that one

Guest erikcas
yes you are right. forgot to say that one. i tried to make a ? with the up button but that didn't work for me.

thanks

Tjeerdos,

Corrected the up/down/left right. Can you test with attached update? Contains only keyboardfiles for filesystem, no other changes so no new zImage is needed.

?-button not corrected for now.

grtz Erik

(edit: If it doesn't work, just use the previous update you did :D. I will be off now, quick power-napp, have to work early tomorrow)

o2b2update.tar.gz

Edited by erikcas