[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest Superwuppy

hi

i have SOD's with latest possible install

this is what happens

i was charging the battery , and was in clock mode after the GREEN number where on screen

i unplugged and set phone to sleep (with green numbers on screen to black screen)

after not using the phone for 5 mins or so it didn't wake up when needed

this happens before ( 5th time now)

phone works great except above isseu

Guest Bokun23
I installes Android using this method, but I'm getting SOD very often... :)

Heey,

ive figured out that it can take a couple of seconds for the phone to wake up. So you have to push the end-call button only once and than wait a bit. It will finally go on. it can take up to 10 seconds. Half a minute is too long and then u have to restart. But this doesnt happen often to me.

Greetz,

Heey,

ive figured out that it can take a couple of seconds for the phone to wake up. So you have to push the end-call button only once and than wait a bit. It will finally go on. it can take up to 10 seconds. Half a minute is too long and then u have to restart. But this doesnt happen often to me.

Greetz,

Thanks , but it's not only when the phone is asleep. Also when in menu etc. the screen gets stuck...

Guest ErnstJanF
Thanks , but it's not only when the phone is asleep. Also when in menu etc. the screen gets stuck...

Set performance to 'high' in Winmo, do a clean reboot (OFF button, then ON again) and boot android.

Running stable for 32 hours now, works great.. 0 SoD's (Press 'ON' key 3 times to get out of sleep?)

I found the following bugs:

- With data connection on, battery goes down crazy (I can see the battery % go down). So I use ON/OFF widget for this.

- FM radio doesn't give any sound when the device goes to sleep (PLOP sound -> Sound off)

- Keyboard backlight on when screen is on.

Guest ErnstJanF

Important:

If you want ADB to work, you will need to set Winmo to activesync (with advanced features), connect the device to activesync (PC) and then boot android with the cable still connected.

Guest centodue
Set performance to 'high' in Winmo, do a clean reboot (OFF button, then ON again) and boot android.

Running stable for 32 hours now, works great.. 0 SoD's (Press 'ON' key 3 times to get out of sleep?)

I found the following bugs:

- With data connection on, battery goes down crazy (I can see the battery % go down). So I use ON/OFF widget for this.

- FM radio doesn't give any sound when the device goes to sleep (PLOP sound -> Sound off)

- Keyboard backlight on when screen is on.

I have already "performance" high in WMO.

(Press 'ON' key 3 times to get out of sleep?) ---> are you saying "END CALL" button? three times??? this is new! O_o

- I use already ON/OFF widget...it is really practise and battery is saved if 3G is not necessary

- I have not used FM radio for the moment

- Keyboard backlight on --> it is a issue known and it is the bigger battery consumption during display on status. For the moment not solved and present since the first version

Your indication for ADB are really important for all, I think to try in the next...but before i hope to solve SOD problem that for me is main faulty!

Guest ErnstJanF
I have already "performance" high in WMO.

(Press 'ON' key 3 times to get out of sleep?) ---> are you saying "END CALL" button? three times??? this is new! O_o

- I use already ON/OFF widget...it is really practise and battery is saved if 3G is not necessary

- I have not used FM radio for the moment

- Keyboard backlight on --> it is a issue known and it is the bigger battery consumption during display on status. For the moment not solved and present since the first version

Your indication for ADB are really important for all, I think to try in the next...but before i hope to solve SOD problem that for me is main faulty!

I installed like this:

Clean SD (2GB FAT32), formatted from winmo

Install android using the installer

Copy 2d/3d drivers to my storage and boot up to android for the first time

Let it boot, don't setup yet, use the reset-hole to go back to winmo

Copy the B7610-rev46 files to my storage and boot up android.

I think it will help if your phone is connected to activesync at the time you boot android.

Edit: Most of the time, yes, I need to press END_CALL 3 times to get it out of sleep. Sometimes 1 or 2 times.. but never more than 3 times :) (Maybe it's slow, and when I press the 2nd time it goes to sleep again without having the backlight lit yet? lol)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest new2city
plz 1024 version work only with 1gb sd card? thank

no, it just means it will require a 1 gb partition for the android installation. so you need a minimum of 1 Gb space.

Edited by new2city

Guest superck445
Yay! Another bug :)

2G only does not work (APN settings)

not a bug, you just need to disconnect the data connection before changing to 2g only, could be done by going into airplane mode

Guest ErnstJanF
not a bug, you just need to disconnect the data connection before changing to 2g only, could be done by going into airplane mode

Thanks! Will try :)

Guest Superwuppy

Hey

a few weeks ago

i did the newest 1024 SD install on my storage installation using ubuntu

including all new Rev's and updates

works great fast and stable

only battery is still draining but not that fast as in the beginning

Had last SOD 5 day's ago

and phone is still in use state

(didn't reboot it , power on almost 24/7)

all app's i downloaded thru market are working

sometimes by multiple downloads they don't install an i have to download again

3G is most of the time on HSDPA speed ! that's the way i like it !

the light sensors work even better the in winmo and faster

orientation is a bit slow but that doesn't matter.

geep up the good work

I like it !!!!

(still waiting for WIFI , hope they can make it work , go guys go)

Guest ErnstJanF

So.. I woke up this morning and my Android had a SoD for the first time. I reset it, re-ran Android and after the first sleep it had a SoD again! Now it's screwed.. :-)

Edit: So, I'm going to reinstall android. Can someone provide a brief (small) tutorial on how to install to internal storage please? :-)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas
So.. I woke up this morning and my Android had a SoD for the first time. I reset it, re-ran Android and after the first sleep it had a SoD again! Now it's screwed.. :-)

Edit: So, I'm going to reinstall android. Can someone provide a brief (small) tutorial on how to install to internal storage please? :-)

Ernst, I can. but am on the move on this moment. Will check when I am home this afternoon. If no how-to is posted I will..

grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErnstJanF
Ernst, I can. but am on the move on this moment. Will check when I am home this afternoon. If no how-to is posted I will..

grtz Erik

That would be great! It's not that I need android that much, so I'll wait for your how-to!

Thank you :)

Guest Superwuppy
Android is now charging over the air, as I disconnected the charger 1 hour ago and it still shows as charging :)

already called in this little bug

some time ago :)

Guest tjeerdos

a little tip.

1 rename default.txt to startup.txt

2 in winmo go with explorer to your haret.exe and copy it to your program menu as an shortcut

3 assign your harret (the shortcut) to a button

this way when in winmo you only have to push the button and android starts immediately

so you don´t have to go to haret with explorer and you don´t have to click run etc etc

i did this all most from the beginning. but i believe i never read it in these forums.

and it works great.

greets tjeerdos

Guest ErnstJanF
a little tip.

1 rename default.txt to startup.txt

2 in winmo go with explorer to your haret.exe and copy it to your program menu as an shortcut

3 assign your harret (the shortcut) to a button

this way when in winmo you only have to push the button and android starts immediately

so you don´t have to go to haret with explorer and you don´t have to click run etc etc

i did this all most from the beginning. but i believe i never read it in these forums.

and it works great.

greets tjeerdos

I was wondering.. Winmo can run haret.exe to load zImage...

Can't we cook a ROM that will load haret.exe before anything else?

(Either that or edit the eboot to load Android, but I think from WinMo is way easier)