[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest tjeerdos

it's strange. after having a stable froyo for a couple of days.

today he starts with freeze and sod and no sending sms .

did 5 resets until now....... and sms works again

tjeedos

Guest gauravv
it's strange. after having a stable froyo for a couple of days.

today he starts with freeze and sod and no sending sms .

did 5 resets until now....... and sms works again

tjeedos

see first post

Guest centodue

Ok, I am testing Froyo version this morning.

Installed using Italian Tutolial linked in my previous post.

The only difference was that I used directly Ubuntu 10.10 (not Windows) to create partitions in My Memory : first partition FAT32 and a second not "ext3" but "ext4".

First boot using ext4.tar.gz and 2D/3D driver (o2b3update.tar.gz)

Switch off and overwritten zImage and o2b3update.tar.gz (untarred as in tutuorial description)

2 SODs during preconfiguration and then no more.

More stable of Enclair for me.

All working correctly! In particular:

- Camera is ok (not worked with Enclair on my B7610)

- Calculator ok (not with Enclair, before it was necessary to change "calculator.apk" to have it working)

- market ok

- internet ok

- all pre-configurated with correct operator (Vodafone ITA) and APN (mobile.vodafone.it) ...immediately working without manually configuration

- all languages available (with Enclair I needed to add "system.tar.gz" for my language)

- battery life and temperature not more than previous REV_46 (reduce consumption using Witget 3g ON/OFF, low brightness, switch off GPS...and so on)

- more tools already included in this version

- very fast (more tha Enclair)

- sms service (send and receive) works correctly

- GPS ok

- Facebook ok

- Emails ok

- keyboard ok (not tested completely)

- auto orintation ok

Problems:

- time is configured in "Automatic" but in the top is always 1 hour less. When I wake up by sleep status the time is correct in block screen

- I have /mnt/sdcard ...why?? I would have directly /sdcard (that is empty) to Restore old tools using "App List Backup" (this tool use /sdcard as default backup)

- not possible to use "startup.txt" --> errors during start up of android. In every case Dual Boot is it working correctly with default.txt

No tested at the moment :

- calling (in and out)

- compass

Great "Dev Tools" and "terminal" !

I will update later

Bye

Giorgio

Edited by centodue

Guest ydnarp

nice to hear those updates...for now, i'll just be on the reading mode, until a fully working version has been released..keep it up, guys...

Guest tjeerdos
see first post

yes yes i know.

i have that all for along time. that's why it's strange .

at first no problems and just at ones troubles

Guest Athlos
Ok, I am testing Froyo version this morning.

Installed using Italian Tutolial linked in my previous post.

The only difference was that I used directly Ubuntu 10.10 (not Windows) to create partitions in My Memory : first partition FAT32 and a second not "ext3" but "ext4".

First boot using ext4.tar.gz and 2D/3D driver (o2b3update.tar.gz)

Switch off and overwritten zImage and o2b3update.tar.gz (untarred as in tutuorial description)

2 SODs during preconfiguration and then no more.

More stable of Enclair for me.

All working correctly! In particular:

- Camera is ok (not worked with Enclair on my B7610)

- Calculator ok (not with Enclair, before it was necessary to change "calculator.apk" to have it working)

- market ok

- internet ok

- all pre-configurated with correct operator (Vodafone ITA) and APN (mobile.vodafone.it) ...immediately working without manually configuration

- all languages available (with Enclair I needed to add "system.tar.gz" for my language)

- battery life and temperature not more than previous REV_46 (reduce consumption using Witget 3g ON/OFF, low brightness, switch off GPS...and so on)

- more tools already included in this version

- very fast (more tha Enclair)

- sms service (send and receive) works correctly

- GPS ok

- Facebook ok

- Emails ok

- keyboard ok (not tested completely)

- auto orintation ok

Problems:

- time is configured in "Automatic" but in the top is always 1 hour less. When I wake up by sleep status the time is correct in block screen

- I have /mnt/sdcard ...why?? I would have directly /sdcard (that is empty) to Restore old tools using "App List Backup" (this tool use /sdcard as default backup)

- not possible to use "startup.txt" --> errors during start up of android. In every case Dual Boot is it working correctly with default.txt

No tested at the moment :

- calling (in and out)

- compass

Great "Dev Tools" and "terminal" !

I will update later

Bye

Giorgio

I had the mnt/sdcard= empty problem. Solved it by partitioning and formatting the 1gb partition (on SD card) to FAT32 using mini partition tool.

Phone is pretty stable at the moment, havent had SOD for more than 14 hours, using call light seems to work too.

GL

Edited by Athlos

Guest centodue
I had the mnt/sdcard= empty problem. Solved it by partitioning and formatting the 1gb partition (on SD card) to FAT32 using mini partition tool.

Phone is pretty stable at the moment, havent had SOD for more than 14 hours, using call light seems to work too.

GL

For the moment I have not tried calling because I am working :)

In every case I installed the next tools:

- Call light (to prevent calling stop after 30 seconds...this is an old bug bresent already in Enclair version and declared as not solved at the moment)

- Data on demand (to switch of 3G during sleep status to reduce power consumption)

- Advanced task Killer with "Autostart", "Auto Kill Level = aggressive", "Auto Kill Frequency = When screen off"

- 3G Watchdog (set with my daily data transfer limit to know if I will download too much of the limit)

- Astro (to manage files/folders)

- APN on/off widget (to switch on/off 3G when I want)

- Clocksync (to solve time error)

- App List Backup (to backup/restore application installed by market)

- LiveHome (because I prefer this kind of UI with possibility of 15 apllication in the bottom bar = more clean desktop and so faster)

For the moment 8 hours without SOD (with Enclair I had not this possibility).

I've also give the latest beta a try and installed it.

For the first time I was able to play around with it for more than 4 hours. The previous versions were always crashing sooner or later (rather sooner in my case).

Devs, keep on the good work! Hopefully the most important bugs will be fixed soon!

Guest ErnstJanF

Again; instant freeze when plugging in USB-cable.

And again: I can't send any text messages.

Edit: Nothing in logcat when sending sms?

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest elbee72
The tutorial gives instructions to install Froyo in My Memory to be 5 times faster than SD installation.

not sure about that.

a lot of people install to MyStorage, but unclear if this is really quicker or more stable (mixed reports).

i am sure about the recomendation of the dev team to use SD installation (therefore default).

don't get me wrong, please experiment with other installs (MyStorage/iso/..) if you like.

i run Android from SD, and plan to make some tools for autoinstall/update from/to SD, so i don't need to use MyStorage anymore.

Guest erikcas
not sure about that.

a lot of people install to MyStorage, but unclear if this is really quicker or more stable (mixed reports).

i am sure about the recomendation of the dev team to use SD installation (therefore default).

don't get me wrong, please experiment with other installs (MyStorage/iso/..) if you like.

i run Android from SD, and plan to make some tools for autoinstall/update from/to SD, so i don't need to use MyStorage anymore.

I have experience with both. Since new drivers were implemented my experience is that install on SD is just as fastfast as My Storage.

I think it is more or less dependent on the quality of the type/brand SD you use

Guest PankajM
I have experience with both. Since new drivers were implemented my experience is that install on SD is just as fastfast as My Storage.

I think it is more or less dependent on the quality of the type/brand SD you use

I have tried both, My Storage is faster (not 5-6 times, but faster).

If you bechmark the speed, on mystorage it is 1-2 Mbps faster than SD card (I have 2 GB SD card i believe it is class-2). If you use class-4 or class-6 SD card, might be it will be equal or even faster depending on speed of SD card. There is no other logic, Linux cannot differentiate the media on which you are running.

Guest Da Phoenix

I am trying to install Froyo on my B7610.

I put the files in My Storage.

I install them.

But when I'm ready my SD card isn't mounted.

Could somebody help me?

Do I have to make partitions?

Guest bashon

same problem here. how can i mount my internal sd? i always get this message whenever i try to install android (froyo beta 1).

cant mount dev/mount/mmcblk0p1 no such...

Guest PankajM
same problem here. how can i mount my internal sd? i always get this message whenever i try to install android (froyo beta 1).

cant mount dev/mount/mmcblk0p1 no such...

internal sd (mystorage) is mmcblk0p5. pls see why is it trying blk0p1

pls check default.txt/startup.txt used by haret.exe

I made a mistake yesterday when booting Android for the first time. I gave in a wrong google-account. However, I am not able to remove the first account.

Android displays a message I should restore factory defaults via "Settings", "Privacy". I've done that, but after rebooting everything was still the same.

Anybody have another solution other than formatting the SD-card and reinstalling Android?

Guest darthveda

It was working fine for two days and all of a sudden I am getting the process failures at start up, process.acore, process.phone keep failing I don't get anywhere. Deciding to reinstall again :)

Guest 0mnia2

I installed froyo too. But after using the haret.exe in the o2beta folder the first time and auto rebooting, I keep getting a problem:

When I press the haret.exe in the root of my storage it starts up but stops at: request_sleep_wake_suspended (with numbers like 2xxxx and 3xxxx behind it) those numbers keep going up, and it's doing that more than 20 minuits then I pulled the battery out. Did anyone else face this problem? and is there any solution yet?

Guest darthveda

still unable to send text messages :mellow:

is there any setting where you can enter the settings for text message service... I can copy the settings from win-mo and enter it here, I tried searching for it in froyo but was unable to find such settings.

I've played with Froyo on my B7610 for a couple of days. Globally it runs stable, with a few remarks:

• Sometimes I get a message saying: com.google.framework... stopped working
  • Battery runs out very quickly
  • I had to disable automatic landscape display by sensor setting

Guest centodue
I've played with Froyo on my B7610 for a couple of days. Globally it runs stable, with a few remarks:
  • Sometimes I get a message saying: com.google.framework... stopped working
  • Battery runs out very quickly
  • I had to disable automatic landscape display by sensor setting

you need to reduce consumption disabling 3G when it is not necessary installing some 2G/3G widget for ON/OFF

I have differents messages with services stopping and framework is surely one of the more presents....in that case I switch off and start again to solve continues error messages

why did you disable automatic landscape? It is very slow surely ...in REV_46 was faster and precise, in this REV_51 can be necessary some second (!!!!) before to switch in landscape but it works.

Only light sensor is missing :mellow: before was working correctly and very important with sun conditions

you need to reduce consumption disabling 3G when it is not necessary installing some 2G/3G widget for ON/OFF

I have differents messages with services stopping and framework is surely one of the more presents....in that case I switch off and start again to solve continues error messages

why did you disable automatic landscape? It is very slow surely ...in REV_46 was faster and precise, in this REV_51 can be necessary some second (!!!!) before to switch in landscape but it works.

Only light sensor is missing :mellow: before was working correctly and very important with sun conditions

I use push email, so I need a permanent data connection. However, on Windows Mobile it wasn't a problem to do 3 days or more without having me to charge the battery again.

I have a few error messages a day, however when I click "Close" Android keeps running and doesn't throw any other error.

Sometimes my phone switches to Landscape and I don't get it back on portrait. Because it didn't work, I disabled the automatic detection