[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Did the azerty key adjusments work for you?

grtz Erik

I am not able to boot in Android since I put the update for the azerty in the root... However, I am sure it has something to do with the installation of Android on my phone, this version wasn't very stable on my phone before...

So I need to reinstall, however, I wouldn't invest in time to install it now, when there is a new version next week. That the reason why I've asked whether there is any progress in the development. ;-)

Did the azerty key adjusments work for you?

grtz Erik

Finally, after a few installation attempts, I was able to boot in Android again. Cannot get past the "Set-up your BT-I8000", because at the point where I need to type my Google account and password, the device says I need to slide out the keyboard. However, when I do that, nothing happens... So, the workaround is to skip the wizard, but it keeps coming back every time I restart Android. Is this solvable?

Regarding the azerty key adjustments, first of all a big "THANKS!" for Eric. You've did a wonderfull job! I've tested these in a "compose new SMS" textfield:

• Normal use of keys:
    All are working, except for the "accents"-key (bottom row, 3th on the left). It is now functioning as a menu key. Don't know what it should do, tough... :-)
  • In combination with Alt:
    1/A key (top row, first key on the left): gives ! instead of 1
    2/Z keu (top row, second key on the left): gives + instead of 2
    !/Q key (second row, first key on the left): gives 1 instead of !
    +/W key (3th row, second key on the left): gives 2 instead of +
    ;/B key (3th row, fifth key on the right): gives : instead of ;
    :/N key (3th row, fourth key on the right): gives ; instead of :
    ?/, key (bottom row, fourth key on the left): gives nothing instead of ?
    "/. key (bottom row, foruth key on the right): gives nothing instead of "

Not a bad result, so far... However, it would be nice when those last "mistypes" can be fixed! Thnx again!

Guest eftihios

Is there any progress ? Froyo is very unstable on my b7610 and i tried many times to install it

When wil we have updated version ?

Guest erikcas

Is there any progress ? Froyo is very unstable on my b7610 and i tried many times to install it

When wil we have updated version ?

What do you consider unstable?

Since I flashed phone with Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin from latest rom (in winmo!) and reinstalled android, use advanced task killer free and cpu tuner it runs quit stable. Only when I have the phone in the pocket of my trousers I have SOD once in a while. I suspect this is because when I go to sit I think the power button is pushed by accident by pressure on the phone in a narrow trouser-pocket.

Since I turned of backgroundsyncing in the settings my battery lasts a whole day on average use. Phone is not getting hot anymore.

(I also replaced /sd/Phone_I8000XXJA1.bin with Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin and modified loadmod accordingly. Runs a lot smoother and data seems to be faster)

grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Hi Erikcas

I also meet concerns of instability.

Can you give links to files and software you use and describe the changes you've made​​?

I do not know. This may have been already written on other posts but I saw nothing.

Thank you.

Sorry for my English> GoogleTranslate.

Guest erikcas

Hi Erikcas

I also meet concerns of instability.

Can you give links to files and software you use and describe the changes you've made​​?

I do not know. This may have been already written on other posts but I saw nothing.

Thank you.

Sorry for my English> GoogleTranslate.

Oke.. I will try :) I installed on my storage using ubuntu, keep in mind :)

I recommend to first read carefully all below and read the tuts or hints I state here. Then you will understand it all better then if you go to work immediately and get stuck in the middle.

1. In windows:Flash your phone with latest official ROM (also flash phone part, so use octans (full) instead of octans mini) and make sure you flash phonepart also. For downloading the ROM, and how to flash, take a look at the B7610 collection-thread in the main B7610 part here on Modaco.

2. Copy Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin to a (fat partitioned) USB stick or something so you can copy it later to the android-part in ubuntu.

3. Switch from windows to Ubuntu. I installed on "My Storage". I am sure you can find a tutorial here on the forums somewhere. (ErnstJan F made a good one in this Android-B7610 part of Modaco)

4. After install, copy (as root) the earlier in (2) saved Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin to the /sd directory of the android-directory.

5. In a terminal, become root, and "cd" into the /sd directory of your android installation.

6. Type (be shure u are root) chown <your-ubuntu-username>:src Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin and hit enter (Your username = the login you use in ubuntu)

7. Type chmod 755 Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin and hit enter

8. Now go to the root of your android installation and open loadmod. Change the line

ln -s /sd/Phone_I8000XXJA1.bin /dev/bml9

to

ln -s /sd/Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin /dev/bml9

9. Boot into android.

I also used the init.rc and loadmod trick you will find in the I8000 forums (i think it was increase speed thread).

I did all this before first boot. I untarred the 2d3d-drivers and B7610 rev51 o2b3updates manually to my android installation, copied the rev51 zImage, haret.exe and default.txt to "My Storage" (see ErnstJans Tut)

After boot, go into settings --> accounts & synchonisation and turn of as much background syncs as you are comfortable with. The syncing uses data and data eats energy.

In location part of settings I also disabled the GPS option at the top. Also consumes less energy.

Let me know if you manage with these directions. I allways say, try your best before asking :)

If you are not able to succeed let me know, I will try to help you out.

Grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest Tugron

I installed Froyo today, (the windows way) and everything goes fine. Exept one thing, I don't get my GPRS to work. I added the right APN settings but I just can't get a internet connection. Anybody got any idea I can try?

Guest pekel2

I installed Froyo today, (the windows way) and everything goes fine. Exept one thing, I don't get my GPRS to work. I added the right APN settings but I just can't get a internet connection. Anybody got any idea I can try?

mabey try reinstalling because when i installed it, all was automatic.

also used the windows installer.

Guest pekel2

I've also got a question, is there a version that i only boot on android?

using the dual y gen at this moment, but stil it first needs to boot windows.

and android is stil real buggy this way.

the eternal sleep bug, than the phone needs to be restarted.

so is there a version that run on the phone it self.

and is there a fix for the eternal sleep?

Hi!

Erikcas

I installed Froyo with your method. It is true that the installation is much more simple.cela avoids multiple reboot.

But, I still have error messages.

I think I'll wait for a more stable version of Android for our B7610

Thanks all the same to show us your method.

Guest centodue

I am using android since 3 month and at the moment I have not big problem.

I can use it 3-7 days before SOD, but it is really random.

I disinstalled Advanced Task Killer because reading many forum I saw that it is not a really good solution as described by someone.

I must say (using Froyo since the first day it was available) that keyboard SODs seem to be less without Advanced Task Killer.

Call Light is necessary

To solve risk of random SOD for mistaken OFF Button pushed I used the Lock screen with dots and never I had SODs again.

Sometime I have SOD disconnecting by Power and composing message immediately ...so in general I wait a pause before messaging after recharge.

If messages not working the only solution is to reboot and when it restarts it works again (not every time).

For the moment I must say that all these problems are very reduced because maybe "more use and less SOD" :D

I will wait for bluetooth because when I drive I prefer to use my car bluetooth speaker that is really saveful for me :P

Good android

Edited by centodue

Guest chandu9j9

hi...i m a new user can anyone help me to install android on my samsung omnia b7610 full description with download link plzzz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest erikcas

hi...i m a new user can anyone help me to install android on my samsung omnia b7610 full description with download link plzzz

It is all on the forums, but to make it easy:

installguide(s): http://www.modaco.com/topic/335667-tut-how-to-install-android/

downloadlink:

download froyo image: http://o2droid.phj.h..._beta1_1024.zip

For latest updates which work on current froyo use links below:

download proper 2d3d files: http://www.filesonic...b3update.tar.gz

download B7610 kernelpatch: http://code.google.c.../downloads/list (choose rev51)

Edited by erikcas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geoponos31

Hello to all

Tonight i installed android on my new Kingston 8gb class 10 microSDHC card. Android runs really fast in comparison with my previous install on my 2gb class 2 micro SD.

Great work devs!!!!!!!

Hope to fix wifi, bluetooth and the rotation sensor.

I wonder if the solution for the wifi is in this post?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/342851-b7610sd-card-problem-solved/

might mr. 7827505059 could help us all!!!

Edited by geoponos31

Guest erikcas

Hello to all

Tonight i installed android on my new Kingston 8gb class 10 microSDHC card. Android runs really fast in comparison with my previous install on my 2gb class 2 micro SD.

Great work devs!!!!!!!

Hope to fix wifi, bluetooth and the rotation sensor.

I wonder if the solution for the wifi is in this post?

http://www.modaco.co...problem-solved/

might mr. 7827505059 could help us all!!!

I'm afraid it doesn't. I think he or she does mean something else. Wifi chip in B7610 is completely different from I8000. It uses WL1271 drivers. Can't find that in the download he provided. In fact, it is a repack of rev51 from google. Really don't know what this solves

• 2 weeks later...
Guest matriX1218

Has the project stopped?

Since last few weeks, there is no news or update on android project...!!!!!!!!

I wonder what happened to the project?

Can any one tell me the update on this project...?

I would like to know whether the Android for our B7610 is still under active development...

I have a lot of problems with Win Mo at the moment, and also Android doesn't run smoothly (were I need to skip the setup wizard every time, because the wizard isn't reacting on the slide-out of the keyboard).

So, when this project is no longer under actively development, I am afraid I 'll need to buy another device. However, if the development is still ongoing, I'll wait for the next release.

Maybe someone can shed any light on this?

I would like to know whether the Android for our B7610 is still under active development...

I have a lot of problems with Win Mo at the moment, and also Android doesn't run smoothly (were I need to skip the setup wizard every time, because the wizard isn't reacting on the slide-out of the keyboard).

So, when this project is no longer under actively development, I am afraid I 'll need to buy another device. However, if the development is still ongoing, I'll wait for the next release.

Maybe someone can shed any light on this?

Well, it is under active development for I8000, so that means it is under active development for B7610. Both use almost the same kernel. For B7610 some hardware pins need to be patched, keyboard slide, and wifi (don't forget BT) have to be fixed.

I managed to boot the upcoming kernel on my B7610 with hardware pins patched, but I have a problem with USB, it is interfering with the keyboard.

If I compile without the usb setting, keys on keyboard are working good. But the phone will not charge, and ADB can't be used. If I compile with USB setting (it is configured on the same hardware pin as one of the keyboard settings) I get multiple keyscans on some keys. So, if I press u, I get qwertyu.

Voyteckst (one of the devs) stated in the I8000 forum that getting wifi to work on B7610 shouldn't be that hard, but let's wait fand see. From his answer I got the feeling he is willing to help us out, but let's, not rush this. The priority for the devs is (completely understandable) with I8000, the phone they are developing for.

One thing I don't understand. You are talking about the keyboardslide in wizard. I didn't have that in my setupwizard. Can you please post the steps you take, maybe picz?

LetÅ› see if I am able to help you out with that.

And what do you mean by problems running winmo?

Edited by erikcas

Erikcas

I'm not very familiar with linux so i got some questions. ;)

Is the new beta usable on the B7610?

Does your patched kernel allow us to use the keyboard at least? (we can still charge the phone in Winmo :D)

Wifi is the nest big step for our phone. Hope someone will help on this issue

Thanks for your time

Erikcas

I'm not very familiar with linux so i got some questions. ;)

Is the new beta usable on the B7610?

Does your patched kernel allow us to use the keyboard at least? (we can still charge the phone in Winmo :D)

Wifi is the nest big step for our phone. Hope someone will help on this issue

Thanks for your time

Well, I'm going to test in an hour or so. I still am busy with my work. I did a quick test, phone part wasn't working so I have to try an alternative, or I have a corrupt image downloaded.

Come back to you in an hour

( I have opened a new thread btw here)

Well, it is under active development for I8000, so that means it is under active development for B7610. Both use almost the same kernel. For B7610 some hardware pins need to be patched, keyboard slide, and wifi (don't forget BT) have to be fixed.

I managed to boot the upcoming kernel on my B7610 with hardware pins patched, but I have a problem with USB, it is interfering with the keyboard.

If I compile without the usb setting, keys on keyboard are working good. But the phone will not charge, and ADB can't be used. If I compile with USB setting (it is configured on the same hardware pin as one of the keyboard settings) I get multiple keyscans on some keys. So, if I press u, I get qwertyu.

Voyteckst (one of the devs) stated in the I8000 forum that getting wifi to work on B7610 shouldn't be that hard, but let's wait fand see. From his answer I got the feeling he is willing to help us out, but let's, not rush this. The priority for the devs is (completely understandable) with I8000, the phone they are developing for.

One thing I don't understand. You are talking about the keyboardslide in wizard. I didn't have that in my setupwizard. Can you please post the steps you take, maybe picz?

LetÅ› see if I am able to help you out with that.

And what do you mean by problems running winmo?

With problems in Windows Mobile I mean that the device freezes randomly and the clock setting itself to November, 30th 1999 at 01:00 AM, also randomly. My device freezes at least 5 times a day in Windows Mobile.

I have taken some pictures from the wizard, like you've asked. The installation is done like ErnstJanF described in another topic. The wizard starts automatically after booting the device. When trying to sign in my Google Account, I don't get an on screen keyboard, but it is asking me to slide open the keyboard. However, when I do this, it doesn't recognize this...

post-675195-0-26392500-1316338898_thumb. post-675195-0-57186700-1316338905_thumb.

post-675195-0-65863500-1316338911_thumb. post-675195-0-46111800-1316338915_thumb.

post-675195-0-81497200-1316338919_thumb.

Edited by Guest