[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

With problems in Windows Mobile I mean that the device freezes randomly and the clock setting itself to November, 30th 1999 at 01:00 AM, also randomly. My device freezes at least 5 times a day in Windows Mobile.

I have taken some pictures from the wizard, like you've asked. The installation is done like ErnstJanF described in another topic. The wizard starts automatically after booting the device. When trying to sign in my Google Account, I don't get an on screen keyboard, but it is asking me to slide open the keyboard. However, when I do this, it doesn't recognize this...

I had the same thing just skip the step and setup the google account later. After its booted when you start the 'market' you can login there. And the keyboard works properly after that.

anyone already try the new beta release for automatic install at sd that post on i8000?

any feedback? all things working on b7610? wifi etc.

please i want to know

Working on it. Does not work yet. I have opened a new thread for it, see forum index.

Wifi is another story. B7610 uses another chip then I8000 does. So development on I8000 does not automatically solve wifi issues for B7610. It has to be developed separate from the I8000 development.

Guest marzell88

i have a problem after installing beta2 on mij b7610, i used the sd card installer, and it boots just fine and runs like a charm. however i am not able to enter my sim pin so that i can actualy make a phonecall or anything. i cant find it anywhere on the phone and it also doesnt prompt anything. anyone else has this problem? i need help plz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest erikcas

i have a problem after installing beta2 on mij b7610, i used the sd card installer, and it boots just fine and runs like a charm. however i am not able to enter my sim pin so that i can actualy make a phonecall or anything. i cant find it anywhere on the phone and it also doesnt prompt anything. anyone else has this problem? i need help plz

Hi,

Everyone with B7610 has this problem. See issue #160 on google code page

Trying very hard to correct this, getting somewhere but not solved yest

• 1 month later...
Guest joseromi

Hi.

Is this problem solved yet.

I did a lot of research before I ask here. I have an omnia B7610 and I have installed 2011-10-18: Froyo beta3. Everything is working fine but Icant make calls. The phone never ask me for the pin code. I tried everywhere but still the same problem.

I uninstalled Froyo beta 3 and install it 3 times and still same problem.

I need help.

Many thanks

Hi,

Everyone with B7610 has this problem. See issue #160 on google code page

Trying very hard to correct this, getting somewhere but not solved yest

Guest erikcas
Hi.

Is this problem solved yet.

I did a lot of research before I ask here. I have an omnia B7610 and I have installed 2011-10-18: Froyo beta3. Everything is working fine but Icant make calls. The phone never ask me for the pin code. I tried everywhere but still the same problem.

I uninstalled Froyo beta 3 and install it 3 times and still same problem.

I need help.

Many thanks

Yes it is download latest update from google projectpagr

Guest erikcas
I can't work with android because after 1 reboot I cannot send text messages anymore and have to reinstall. Anyone confirm this?

Rebooted 20 times today to try out kernels. Sms is still working

Guest joseromi

Could you tell me wich one?

Or post the link because I tryed many of then and the phone never ask me for the pin code.

Many thanks again.

Yes it is download latest update from google projectpagr

Guest ErnstJanF

Rebooted 20 times today to try out kernels. Sms is still working

That is VERY strange, as it happens to me after EVERY reboot and each new installation.. Anything that could be causing this problem?

I'm using Internal as 1024MB root (ext4) + 128MB linux-swap + xxMB left as FAT32 for haret.exe, zImage & default.txt

Installed using these packages: ext4.tar.gz (froyob3), REV87 (modified keylayout to LOCK = HOME, W&L = BACK)..

I cannot live without sms.. unsure.gif

Guest erikcas

That is VERY strange, as it happens to me after EVERY reboot and each new installation.. Anything that could be causing this problem?

I'm using Internal as 1024MB root (ext4) + 128MB linux-swap + xxMB left as FAT32 for haret.exe, zImage & default.txt

Installed using these packages: ext4.tar.gz (froyob3), REV87 (modified keylayout to LOCK = HOME, W&L = BACK)..

I cannot live without sms.. unsure.gif

I remember you had this sms-problems on previous beta's too? I wouldn't know what causes it, maybe make a logcat?

Guest ErnstJanF

I remember you had this sms-problems on previous beta's too? I wouldn't know what causes it, maybe make a logcat?

Yes, I did have the problem on all of the beta's..

dmesb didn't give me any output.. can't connect to adb for logcat either as it instant-freezes the phone dry.gif

Will try again with new REV87 tomorrow (the ADB-part)..

Guest erikcas

Yes, I did have the problem on all of the beta's..

dmesb didn't give me any output.. can't connect to adb for logcat either as it instant-freezes the phone dry.gif

Will try again with new REV87 tomorrow (the ADB-part)..

In terminal emulator in dev tools do:

su

logcat > logcat.txt

this will save the output from logcat to the root of your android fs

by

cp logcat.txt /storage

it will be copied to your my storage

Guest ErnstJanF

In terminal emulator in dev tools do:

su

logcat > logcat.txt

this will save the output from logcat to the root of your android fs

by

cp logcat.txt /storage

it will be copied to your my storage

Why didn't I think of the > parameter mellow.gif will be back soon.. Just reinstalled so i'll have to wait till the problem comes back! probably somewhere tomorrow

Guest joseromi

Hi,

I dont know what I am doing wrong but still my phone omnia B7610 doesn't ask me for the pin code. I follow all the teps and I have android working very smooth but never ask me for the pin code. When I install th version Froyo beta2_1024. The phone ask me for the pin code and I hahe phone line but when I install the new versions Beta 2 or Beta 3 the phone never ask me for the pin code.

I have tried to enable the fly mode but slitt same problem.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Download beta 3 from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Download rev87 (it has beta3 update 1 included) from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

good luck

Guest erikcas

Hi,

I dont know what I am doing wrong but still my phone omnia B7610 doesn't ask me for the pin code. I follow all the teps and I have android working very smooth but never ask me for the pin code. When I install th version Froyo beta2_1024. The phone ask me for the pin code and I hahe phone line but when I install the new versions Beta 2 or Beta 3 the phone never ask me for the pin code.

I have tried to enable the fly mode but slitt same problem.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Did you apply the latest updatefrom google projectpage?

Can you post the output of dmesg?

howto? well.. Go to dev tools --> terminal emulator

Type:

su (then press enter)

dmesg > /storage/dmesg.txt (then press enter)

reboot to windows, you will have a file called dmesg.txt on your my storage. Post it as an attachment here.

Other questions:

Do you use the auto installer?

When you install beta3 with autoinstaller and you apply the update as should be (so, place the zImage, and frb3update.tar.gz on your my storage and start haret) does the frb3update.tar.gz disappear from my storage?

Guest joseromi

Hi,

I don't know what happened but I was going to follow your intructions so I said I will start from the begining. I removed the ext4 partition with gparted and I have formated the SD card with the mobile aplication. After that I followed again all the steps and I installed froyo beta 2 and then the update from froyo beta 2 to froyo beta 3.

After all the steps I got the screen to insert the pin code. Maybe I had something corrupted on the sd card from the begining.

Anyway many thanks for your help.

This is a great forum.

Thanks

Type:

su (then press enter)

reboot to windows, you will have a file called dmesg.txt on your my storage. Post it as an attachment here.

Other questions:

When you install beta3 with autoinstaller and you apply the update as should be (so, place the zImage, and frb3update.tar.gz on your my storage and start haret) does the frb3update.tar.gz disappear from my storage?

Guest joseromi

Hi,

I was having more troubles with the installation, the file frb3update.tar.gz doesn't disappear from my storage, I have to rename it to frb2update.tar.gz and after that the file disappear.

With the last Kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV87 I have to do the same before, rename all the files to frb2........ and its disappear after reboot. Making all that changes the mobile is working fine.

Thanks

Type:

su (then press enter)

Other questions:

Guest joseromi

HI,

My android is working very smooth on my omnia B7610. But still I have another issue.

I plug the phone USB to the computer but it only get charging and windows dosn't reconige that I pluged the device.

Is the USB connection working on the B7610?

I searched the forum but I didn't found nothing clear about it?

Is there any link to solve this issue?

Thanks

Guest erikcas

HI,

My android is working very smooth on my omnia B7610. But still I have another issue.

I plug the phone USB to the computer but it only get charging and windows dosn't reconige that I pluged the device.

Is the USB connection working on the B7610?

I searched the forum but I didn't found nothing clear about it?

Is there any link to solve this issue?

Thanks

Which version of windows do you use?

Guest joseromi

I use windows 7-64

But the computer never ask me about installing the drivers. I feels like when I plug the phone to the charger

Thanks

Which version of windows do you use?

Guest joseromi

Hi, sorry for wasting your time.

I was almost 2 hours searching about this problem. It make me crazy. I installed Samsung Kies. I installed JAVA JDK. I installed Android SDK and still can not solve the issue.

Now I thought I will try to plug the phone to another computer to see if it ask me about the drivers and it started to install the phone hardware. I cancelled the installation and I try againg with the firs computer and IT STARTED TO INSTAL THE DRIVERS. Now the phone is full connected by USB

Sorry but it mad me crazy.

Many thanks

I use windows 7-64

But the computer never ask me about installing the drivers. I feels like when I plug the phone to the charger

Thanks