[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

@mosci: I am also seeing the message: "Found machine Generic ARM v7".

as long as the device is not properly detected (can depend on haret sourcecode) we can not (in a easy way) dump the gpio :lol:

i was hopeing that my haret detected the device not properly because of a custom rom .. do you still have your 'windows-mobile stock-rom' installed ?

Edited by mosci

Use the 'skip' button :lol:

I did that, however I'll get the screen with the message "Touch the android to start" again, with an extra bar that says "Add a google account". When I click again, there isn't a skip button anymore...

as long as the device is not properly detected (can depend on haret sourcecode) we can not (in a easy way) dump the gpio :lol:

i was hopeing that my haret detected the device not properly because of a custom rom .. do you still have your 'windows-mobile stock-rom' installed ?

Yup, no custom rom here... Still the original rom...

Yup, no custom rom here... Still the original rom...

good to know ... but not good for a quick dump :lol:

but now i know that i don't have to change back to the wimo 6.3 rom to get it work.

but can you try something:

1.) set the usb-connection to ActiveSync (extra network features on)

2.) connect the phone to your pc

3.) start haret while using 'Listen for network connection'

4.) establish a telnet connection to the phone (in cmd-line: telnet 169.254.2.1 9999 - or with Putty if console-cmd is missing)

5.) execute the Haret-Command 'pdump gpios' or 'dump gpios'

if you get another response as mine ... like a big table with text and numbers

that would be great!

here is what i get

HaRET(1)# pdump gpios

line 1: GPIOS(1 args) expected

line 1: Unknown variable 'gpios' in expression

line 1: Expected <addr> <size>

HaRET(2)# dump gpios

line 2: No dumper gpios available, see HELP DUMP for a list
thats what i should look like:
HaRET(1)# dump gpios

GPIO B## V D S P S |GPIO B## V D S P S |GPIO B## V D S P S |GPIO B## V D S P S

-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+------------------

0 A00 1 2 0	 |  47 F14   X 0	 |  94 K00   O 0	 | 141 N10 1 X 0

1 A01 1 2 0	 |  48 F15   2 0	 |  95 K01 1 O 0	 | 142 N11 1 X 0

2 A02   2 0	 |  49 G00   2 0	 |  96 K02 1 I 0	 | 143 N12   X 0

3 A03   2 0	 |  50 G01 1 2 0	 |  97 K03   O 0 U   | 144 N13   O 0

4 A04 1 2 0	 |  51 G02 1 2 0	 |  98 K04 1 O 0	 | 145 N14 1 I 0

5 A05 1 2 0	 |  52 G03 1 2 0	 |  99 K05   O 0	 | 146 N15   I 0

6 A06   2 0	 |  53 G04 1 2 0	 | 100 K06   O 0	 | 147 O00 1 2 0

7 A07   2 0	 |  54 G05 1 2 0	 | 101 K07   O 0	 | 148 O01   O 0

Edited by mosci

Guest superck445
Have fun :lol:

source

brilliant! thanks!! just about to try it...

from reading the source thread it appears we are to put the files in the 'windows' folder?

altho when i'm not sure like this i just end up putting a copy in every folder!

i hope the developer take a look into ... i have build me a kernel with tiwl support but

according to the above manual im missing the 'wlan_loader' .. so i can't get further here ..

loading the driver without firmware is like trying to drive a car without engine :)

dmesg and logcat did not saying anything about the installed module - so i'm afraid

that it's not such a quick fix for our wlan ... but let's see what happens ...

edit: stupid me .... the loader is within the source ...

compiling again ...

... didn't get it (cross)compiled :lol:

source seems to be for another plattform/cpu (OMAP1610) :)

Edited by mosci

Guest Bounser

I dont have a skip button when android is installed, after that i get nothinh but errors. The new update isn't working for me. I hope somebody can get it to work for the 7610. On the other hand i hope Daskalos has something nice for us.

Greetings Bounser ;)

Edited by Bounser

Guest ErnstJanF

I can't get windows to detect my device anymore (when on android)..

It doesn't see ANYTHING, no unknown device or adb device. Android does see it's connected through usb and charging ;)

Anyone got tips?

Guest tjeerdos

with the new updates i can't install anything. everytime my phone hangs.

i tried it with just one of them then i get errors ( media.... stops forse close) so i am going back with the first i think

greets tjeerdos

I have succeeded to boot the device in Android only one time (after trying 3 times).

However, every time I try to boot in Android now, I keep getting my device freezed with the message=

[   3.569956] EXT2-fs error (device mmcblk1p2): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #2:  : inode out of bounds - offset=0, inode = 3795845132, rec_len=152, name_len=144
[ 3.581783] Warning: unable to open an initial console.
[ 3.585754] Failed to execute /init. Attempting defaults...
[ 3.593492] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing innit= option to kernel.[/codebox]

Anyone knowing how to solve this?

Looks like there's a problem with the linux partition on the SD Card. Reformat the card from within samsung settings before trying to reinstall the Android package

Vic

Guest gauravv
with the new updates i can't install anything. everytime my phone hangs.

i tried it with just one of them then i get errors ( media.... stops forse close) so i am going back with the first i think

greets tjeerdos

mine is working fyn...do a re-install......i think o2update in new files is creating problem

Guest sakisds
I have succeeded to boot the device in Android only one time (after trying 3 times).

However, every time I try to boot in Android now, I keep getting my device freezed with the message=

[   3.569956] EXT2-fs error (device mmcblk1p2): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #2:  : inode out of bounds - offset=0, inode = 3795845132, rec_len=152, name_len=144
[ 3.581783] Warning: unable to open an initial console.
[ 3.585754] Failed to execute /init. Attempting defaults...
[ 3.593492] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing innit= option to kernel.[/codebox]

Anyone knowing how to solve this?

As VIC said its a problem with the EXT2(linux) partition. You can fix it either using linux or just reformat and reinstall android.

Guest daskalos

Oh my

Just pm'd almar bout our wifi issue. I asked him if there is something he/we can do with wifi support. He replied:

Hi Daskalos,

It wont be easy to fix wifi. First of all I need to know which wifi chip is in there, and I need the technical documents. At the moment there are also more important issues that need resolution. For example if we fix 3G, then wifi is less important. And I guess 3g will work for your devices also.

Greetings Marc

It seems we are not getting our wifi to work soon...But still such a great guy ;)

Guest gauravv
Oh my

Just pm'd almar bout our wifi issue. I asked him if there is something he/we can do with wifi support. He replied:

It seems we are not getting our wifi to work soon...But still such a great guy ;)

in my country 3G is very costly...and not launched by major players yet ;)

As VIC said its a problem with the EXT2(linux) partition. You can fix it either using linux or just reformat and reinstall android.

I've tried to format the SD card 2 times, however now the "installer" cannot create a partition on my SD ard... I am getting the "syncing" error when it is trying to format the SD card.

Guest tjeerdos

i noticed that when i restart android. that my clock is an hour behind.

my time zone is +1.

my solution for this was setting the zone to +2.

greets tjeerdos