[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest tjeerdos
hello everyone!

can somebody tell me how to install apps on android? i guess transfering the .apk to the SD card is not enough...?

with file manager in android you find the apk, klick in it. then klick on install.

thats about it.

greets tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

i just found something that just might be the thing that makes the battery go empty fast.

when the keyboard is closed. the lights of the qwerty keyboard still are on.

so its like this

screen on , lights of the keyboard on

screen off, lights of keyboard off to.

greets tjeerdos

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest ErnstJanF
i just found something that just might be the thing that makes the battery go empty fast.

when the keyboard is closed. the lights of the qwerty keyboard still are on.

so its like this

screen on , lights of the keyboard on

screen off, lights of keyboard off to.

greets tjeerdos

I don't think so.. As I8000 users have the same experience with battery drain, and they don't have the keyboard ;)

Daskalos said it was the GPS? ;)

Oh my

Just pm'd almar bout our wifi issue. I asked him if there is something he/we can do with wifi support. He replied:

It seems we are not getting our wifi to work soon...But still such a great guy ;)

Great to hear you're also with this too Daskalos.

I've decided for the good of the project I'd use some of my skills and dismantle my 7610 (don't do this at home!) and take lots of quality macro pictures of the insides and get to grips with our hardware. This I have now done and will start going through the ic's. (boy is it crammed in there!). Do you think I should post the results in a separate 'teardown' thread to this?

The good news is my phone is now back together and fully working. I have stopped sweating now ;)

For starters, here's the WIFI/bluetooth chip plus FM radio AND transmitter(!?)

B761001.JPG

It's a Samsung SWB-T30 (Samsung Wifi/BT, Texas?) which according to HERE Contains the Texas Instruments TI WL1271 for the WIFI function as we earlier suspected from Daskalos's windows driver information.

The good thing is this module is already in the Samsung GTi-8320 which runs linux and

The i8000 uses the SWB-M20 (Samsung wifi/BT, Marvell?)

Vic

Edited by Vic20

It's a Samsung SWB-T30 which according to HERE Contains the Texas Instruments TI WL1271 for the WIFI function as we earlier suspected from Daskalos's windows driver information.

The good thing is this module is already in the Samsung GTi-8320 which runs linux and

Vic

GPIO-Mapping seems to be also different ... at least at some pins/points ...

thus vibration did not work and some key's cannot be scanned

would be nice if someone can patch/modify the Haret in that way that 'dump gpios'

works on the the b7610 like it does on the M900/I8000.

Guest elbee72
For starters, here's the WIFI/bluetooth chip plus FM radio AND transmitter(!?)

It's a Samsung SWB-T30 which according to HERE Contains the Texas Instruments TI WL1271 for the WIFI function as we earlier suspected from Daskalos's windows driver information.

Vic

some info about porting the H1 LiMo phone to android.

even if you got the driver, you want to know how it is connected/driven to/by the main hw.

maybe the s.e.r.v.i.c.e.m.a.n.u.a.l could give some insight.

there are no extend schematics in the zip but pin connections of the chip are included in the bluetooth section of the troubleshooting pdf (maybe some clues?).

the info is getting there ... but now someone who is able/willing to integrate it to a b7610 implementation in the omnia2droid kernel-source.

maybe someone could to a hw/ic comparison i8000/b7610 to see if other (main)hw is different?

i know there is a i8000 sm (without schematics but with partlists) and i8000 teardown with internal pics on the internet.

Guest elbee72
GPIO-Mapping seems to be also different ... at least at some pins/points ...

thus vibration did not work and some key's cannot be scanned

would be nice if someone can patch/modify the Haret in that way that 'dump gpios'

works on the the b7610 like it does on the M900/I8000.

Mosci is busy finding GPIO pins for b7610 which are slightly different than i8000.

This is why some functions do work on i8000 but not on b7610 (keys/vibrator/??)

as he said haret versions we can find are lacking gpio scans

at this moment only the GPIOgfx tool gives some hints finding them.

GPIO pin comparisons a listed on Omnia2droid GPIO wiki page as they are being found on b7610.

as said earlier, schematics of b7610 would help A LOT (also for wifi) as would a haret with working gpio watch commands.

gpio pins can be found by gpio address traces, but require a lot of work/analyzing ...

Edited by elbee72

quote /the info is getting there ... but now someone who is able/willing to integrate it to a b7610 implementation in the omnia2droid kernel-source. /endquote

The driver info for the TI WL1271 is already in the kernel source! (in root/kern_oII/drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/wl12xx.h )

This probably explains why the wireless does make a clean attempt to work on our devices in Android, it does not error about being unable to find the hardware, seems to attempt to switch WiFI on for a brief period before switching it off. Maybe we are looking too deep?

Perhaps its something as 'simple' as the hardware MAC address for the WiFi adaptor being stored in a different place in the B7610

Keep thinking folks!

Edited by Vic20

Guest tjeerdos

is there someone who knows how to get the app RotateD? it can make my screen go landscape.

but i can't find a way to get it without internet on my mobile. and since there is no internet i don't know how.

greets tjeerdos

I can't get windows to detect my device anymore (when on android)..

It doesn't see ANYTHING, no unknown device or adb device. Android does see it's connected through usb and charging ;)

Anyone got tips?

i have got ot many times.

try connecting the device to usb when you boot windows then try to boot android in haret,,

when you will be in android ,,, you will have the drivers of android

I have succeeded to boot the device in Android only one time (after trying 3 times).

However, every time I try to boot in Android now, I keep getting my device freezed with the message=

[   3.569956] EXT2-fs error (device mmcblk1p2): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #2:  : inode out of bounds - offset=0, inode = 3795845132, rec_len=152, name_len=144
[ 3.581783] Warning: unable to open an initial console.
[ 3.585754] Failed to execute /init. Attempting defaults...
[ 3.593492] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing innit= option to kernel.[/codebox]

Anyone knowing how to solve this?

hi you can reinstall the android ,, no need to reformat ,, it happened with me

Guest elbee72
quote /the info is getting there ... but now someone who is able/willing to integrate it to a b7610 implementation in the omnia2droid kernel-source. /endquote

The driver info for the TI WL1271 is already in the kernel source! (in root/kern_oII/drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/wl12xx.h )

This probably explains why the wireless does make a clean attempt to work on our devices in Android, it does not error about being unable to find the hardware, seems to attempt to switch WiFI on for a brief period before switching it off. Maybe we are looking too deep?

Perhaps its something as 'simple' as the hardware MAC address for the WiFi adaptor being stored in a different place in the B7610

Keep thinking folks!

almar said someting about the chip maybe was connected to MMC.

in gpio comparison it looks like the original i6500 was too (GPH(6)-GPH(9)).

what wifi-bt chip does i6500/saturn have? or what driver does i6500 use (libertas or wl12xx)?

we know not all gpio pins are mapped correctly for b7610 ... maybe an answer here?

Guest elbee72

Keep thinking folks!

looked some more, and to get wl12xx going you need to change omnia_II.c to init stuff. If stuff is run from here you can add some debug lines in the code or increase debuglevel.

if we are lucky the chip is connected te same way on the same adresses as i6500 and some copy/paste/recompiling will do (but i doubt it ..)

i hope we dont have to dig deep on this one, but i am not sure.

Edited by elbee72

Finally THIS definitively confirms that the SWB-T30 module in the B7610 contains the Texas WL1271 chipset. A much higher specification device than that in the Omnia i8000!

It is capable of wireless n! and FM rx and TX!

My pictures of the teardown also confirm that the 7610 uses exactly the same 3g chipset as the i8000 so, when that is made to work under Android by the i8000 project, ours should work too.

Vic

Edited by Vic20

Guest Blo0odyHell

after latest update (31-1-11) im getting total black screen just before normally android comes in the screen! and have to take the battery out!

is clean install needed?

EDIT: hmm on the main forum people says 3g doesnt work.. im going to delete it totaly of my phone and try a reinstall tomorrow

EDIT: after adding my network (kpn holland) manual 3g works ;) no as quick as i hoped but it works so i may not complain

Edited by Blo0odyHell