[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest jappie toutenhoofd
Also there is no APN set.

EDIT:

ADding APN manually and rebooting after that made 3g work. But Android keeps freezing and getting processes stopped. (android.process.acore) Its not usable like this.

After aplying de 31jan-o2bupdate I got GPRS working but I also got this "acore" problem.

Guest tjeerdos
there is a guide how to that with linux on your pc. i tried that but the comands that i have to in linux terminal gives an error

so i did not get far with that

well tried the guide ones more. no luck for me.

android won't install any more.

when starting haret in o2beta allready get errors. he can't find ext2.tar in my storage. but its there

i don't understand....

Guest tjeerdos
sucessfully installed from my stroage after so many hours......now testing K working till now.....its fast than my class 2 sd-card ;)

how did you do it?

when i follow the guide and type the commando's in the terminal i get errors.

what i also want to know is in the guide he talks about delete partition my storage and making 2 of 1 gig.

but i have 2 partitions one of 1,4 and one of 500. i think in the 500 the system file of winmo is.

so that meens i can't delete that partition. and can't make 2 partitions of 1 gig. or am i wrong?

i hope someone knows what i mean i hardly know it my selve anymore........

all i know i tried it and for now i can't even get andriod intalled any more

Guest gauravv
how did you do it?

when i follow the guide and type the commando's in the terminal i get errors.

what i also want to know is in the guide he talks about delete partition my storage and making 2 of 1 gig.

but i have 2 partitions one of 1,4 and one of 500. i think in the 500 the system file of winmo is.

so that meens i can't delete that partition. and can't make 2 partitions of 1 gig. or am i wrong?

i hope someone knows what i mean i hardly know it my selve anymore........

all i know i tried it and for now i can't even get andriod intalled any more

yes i follwed tat guide.....and tat 500mb space i deleted...but we will not be able to make hardreset....if u later on want you can restore by flasing full mst image........follow the guide properly if any doubts ask me

Guest tjeerdos
yes i follwed tat guide.....and tat 500mb space i deleted...but we will not be able to make hardreset....if u later on want you can restore by flasing full mst image........follow the guide properly if any doubts ask me

what do you mean with full mst image. i have roms from daskalos. will that do?

when i typte the sudo commands i got errors did you have that to?

so that is how far i get. so i thought okay then the normal way but he doesn't even install the android from the beginning.

he can't find the ext2.tar.gz on my storage then he resets.

then i do haret from root. then i get kenill error and the phone hangs

doing an new install lunix and going to do it again.

only have to know for sure about new flashing and if daskalos rom will do again

thanks

Guest Jamievanm
Is it me or is it just GPRS? (52kbps)

Since we have the same provider.

I got it to work to by adding APN.

But the phone gets the acore proces crap every time.

After reinstalling everything from the start. I only get it a few times and I installed an app, but it hangs so fast. Sometimes just after using the dialpad or any other easy settings menu. Any tips?!

In zijn Nederlands. Graag even wat tips, want ik wil eig gewoon whatsapp werkend krijgen. ;) Echter loopt hij keihard vast!

Jij hier helemaal geen last van?!

Ik gebruik gewoon de standaard 1 gb partitie.

Alles verwijderd, opnieuw geplaatst. 1 x geboot! En toen de nieuwe update files geplaatst! GPRS werkend gemaakt.

En nu hangt hij heel snel.

Als ik die oude 2d/3d drivers update gebruik, krijg ik alleen maar vaker die foutmelding!

Graag hoor ik de juiste procedure!

3G werkt bij mij prima in de Browser.

Met slechte verbinding bijna 1 MBIT. Dus dat werkt verder prima.!

Edited by Jamievanm

put all the files in my storage. and run haret thats on the root of your my storage.

then these problems are over and android will start. and its faster than on sd card.

greets tjeerdos

Thanks men! It works but i goes so slow.

But lots of thanks for all! ;)

Guest Bokun23

Im trying to put android on my b7610, but this far all my tries failed.

The last thing i tried was making a ext3 partition of "my storage" and then using a virtual machine with ubuntu to put android on the ext3 partition. Ive set the phone to connect as a mass storage device. But after making a ext3 partition and a fat32 partition the phone wont connect with the computer as a storage device. First time windows 7 sees a storage device, then i connect with ubuntu and then it is gone. All is left is a unknown usb device and drivers cannot be installed.

How can i fix this?

Is it a windows 7 problem?

Btw, with putting files on my storage and let haret make the partition i get a kernel panic. Something wrong with the partition or something.

Help would be appreciated.

Greetz,

Bokun

Guest tjeerdos
what do you mean with full mst image. i have roms from daskalos. will that do?

when i typte the sudo commands i got errors did you have that to?

so that is how far i get. so i thought okay then the normal way but he doesn't even install the android from the beginning.

he can't find the ext2.tar.gz on my storage then he resets.

then i do haret from root. then i get kenill error and the phone hangs

doing an new install lunix and going to do it again.

only have to know for sure about new flashing and if daskalos rom will do again

thanks

okay

tried again. this time with luck. in abuntu i formated disk ( not disk0 ) from my storage.

with file manager i unzipped ext2.tar.gz to ''disk''. this worked for me.

so the commands in terminal didn't work here but this way it did and i did the updates like this to.

still testing. but since last night no more freezing.... and fast... and 3g.....

thanks greets tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

so what do you mean with flashing full mst rom.

then i can get it somewhere just in case.

thanks greets tjeerdos

Guest ErnstJanF
Since we have the same provider.

I got it to work to by adding APN.

But the phone gets the acore proces crap every time.

After reinstalling everything from the start. I only get it a few times and I installed an app, but it hangs so fast. Sometimes just after using the dialpad or any other easy settings menu. Any tips?!

In zijn Nederlands. Graag even wat tips, want ik wil eig gewoon whatsapp werkend krijgen. ;) Echter loopt hij keihard vast!

Jij hier helemaal geen last van?!

Ik gebruik gewoon de standaard 1 gb partitie.

Alles verwijderd, opnieuw geplaatst. 1 x geboot! En toen de nieuwe update files geplaatst! GPRS werkend gemaakt.

En nu hangt hij heel snel.

Als ik die oude 2d/3d drivers update gebruik, krijg ik alleen maar vaker die foutmelding!

Graag hoor ik de juiste procedure!

3G werkt bij mij prima in de Browser.

Met slechte verbinding bijna 1 MBIT. Dus dat werkt verder prima.!

Wat ik heb gedaan: Ik heb de 1024MB versie gedownload van hun site. Deze heb ik eerst laten installeren (O2BETA\Haret.exe).

Vervolgens heb ik de 3D drivers (de eerste geloof ik) in het nieuwe O2Droid.zip pakketje geplakt. Deze heb ik geinstalleerd.

Alles werkte ;)

I know we have to speak english here, sorry :D

Guest ErnstJanF
Im trying to put android on my b7610, but this far all my tries failed.

The last thing i tried was making a ext3 partition of "my storage" and then using a virtual machine with ubuntu to put android on the ext3 partition. Ive set the phone to connect as a mass storage device. But after making a ext3 partition and a fat32 partition the phone wont connect with the computer as a storage device. First time windows 7 sees a storage device, then i connect with ubuntu and then it is gone. All is left is a unknown usb device and drivers cannot be installed.

How can i fix this?

Is it a windows 7 problem?

Btw, with putting files on my storage and let haret make the partition i get a kernel panic. Something wrong with the partition or something.

Help would be appreciated.

Greetz,

Bokun

Don't use virtual machines, they screw up USB-devices on Windows.

You could use a live-cd of ubuntu to do the job.

Guest tjeerdos

okay just tested sending message. but he can't sent it and puts it in drafts

maybe someone here as an idea?

greets tjeerdos

ps. 3g works and making a call to. i do get messages in my inbox just can't sent

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest elbee72

As you may know Mosci is very busy making the B7610 keyboard work. Defining extra KEYSENSE GPIO's (see GPIOmap), makes other defines in de kernel code act instable. If we could find the unmapped GPIO pins Android will run better on this phone.

It does not take much knowledge to find GPIO's (some reading and playing with a winmo program), but takes a lot of work, we (dev-team/community) could use some help.

I made a Finding GPIO pins page on the wiki to get interested (B7610) users going (links to apps, how to report). If you have info, suggestions, pse comment the wiki.

Thanks in advance,

dev-team.

Guest gauravv
okay just tested sending message. but he can't sent it and puts it in drafts

maybe someone here as an idea?

greets tjeerdos

ps. 3g works and making a call to. i do get messages in my inbox just can't sent

restart it it will be okay......its beta still:)

Guest Daemon_necis

3G working well on VF Germany, too. nice thing to have inet ;)

I have a tip for all those who have install-issues.

1) go to windows device manager (where you can configure partitions and drive letters etc.) with the SD-Card in a card reader.

2) delete all partitions of the sd-card.

3) make a new fat32 partition.

4) put the sd-card into your phone and format it again with samsung settings

5) follow the guide on the first page of this thread to create a fresh install of android.

i like android very well, with 2d/3d drivers its as fast as win mob, very nice work ;)

Guest Jamievanm
Can we change the locale to lets say 'Dutch'? ;)

I tried the app CustomLocale but it doesn't change anything :D

Hallo ErnstJan

I did what u Said, added the map system from the old updatefile into the new update.

Placed the stuff there.

Now I=t works a bit better. But it is so unstable, after a few minutesor doing somes tuff it still seems to freeze.

Not as many, but still to many warnings about closing processes.

Have you got no problems at all?!

I formatted the card with samsung itself on the phone.

THis worked perfect with the old version, the old version was totally stable, never had any problems besides usability! ;)

Would like to hear from you!

Guest ErnstJanF
Hallo ErnstJan

I did what u Said, added the map system from the old updatefile into the new update.

Placed the stuff there.

Now I=t works a bit better. But it is so unstable, after a few minutesor doing somes tuff it still seems to freeze.

Not as many, but still to many warnings about closing processes.

Have you got no problems at all?!

I formatted the card with samsung itself on the phone.

THis worked perfect with the old version, the old version was totally stable, never had any problems besides usability! ;)

Would like to hear from you!

No problems over here yet! ;) The only thing is the battery drain. Once they fix that, I will use android 24/7 :D

Are you sure you're on high performance? (When changing it, reboot first before starting android!)

Maybe you're using a custom ROM? I'm on official JC2.

Please email me (look at the collection thread at the top) if u need personal assistance :D

Guest tjeerdos

hi is there someone how has market working?

mine starts. but when downloading. it goes wrong.

it just keeps on downloading and thats all. but no download and no install

greets tjeerdos

come on guys (and ladys ) ... do some GPIO Hunting

keyboard is almost working i only have to get the ALT-Characters working too.

devteam is focusing on I8000-development ... if we don't get the B7610-GPIOS it will take a long long time until

we at the same stage as I8000!

we realy need the diffrent gpios!

further:

i need to know if there ar more differences than Y & Z between the qwerty & qwertz keyboard-layout

maybe there are even more layouts.

so here is my

qwertz-layout

qwertz.png

let me know which differences there are (specialy about the alt-characters - (the red-ones))

;)

qwerty-layout

Samsung-b7610-omnia-pro_qwerty.png

Problem: UP & DOWN not assignable now (kcm entries ignored)

WORKARROUD: '"' is set to DPAD_RIGHT '~' is missing

qwerty-layout-android:

Samsung-b7610-omnia-pro_qwerty_android.png

Edited by mosci