3D Desktop plugin

Guest iceman_

Guest gp1000gp

Bearded1 thanks far taking the time to do the video.I might give it a go over the weekend. Where car I get the anti apple wallpaper on your lock screen it will impress my jobs loving collegues

the interesting thing about the video was that i initially tried it with a mouse so there were no fingers in the way.. the mouse was at 90 degrees and only moved around in the left hand side of the screen though.

not sure if thats the launcher or the accelerometer fix causing it - i'll have to test!

If your using my accelerometer fix then I'm afraid that it is this that has broken mouse support! Sorry!

Tbh, i lked the idea of ths, and it is knda flash (especially the music player) but after using it for a couple of days ive gone back to the latest version of launcherpro (the new screen transitions are awesome). This is all style and not a lot of substance unfortunately.

Guest iceman_

Recently I had some free time to work a little bit on this. I wanted to rip the video an music apps from the 3D Desktop and make another plugin only with that,

unfortunately I have been unable to do it. I was able to launch the apps but I only got a nice black screen and a hello world text message. Digging a little bit

I have found that the apps themselves are managed by the launcher process (don't fork a new process). As this is the first time I have made something with

android may be someone with a little bit more experience with android can illuminate this.

Guest rpmccormick

I don't know why people keep "going back". I use this along side ADW Launcher. When I press Home, it asks me which I want to run. I would prefer to make ADW Launcher the default and have an icon to run this 3D interface, but until I can figure that out, pressing the home button lets me easily switch back and fourth at will. This is definitely not a good default launcher, but it is the perfect replacement for Car-Home or "TV-Home".

If someone could make an icon to launch it, and then edit some of the icons (for example: add an exit button instead of user guide), it would be awesome.

Edited by rpmccormick

Guest rvdgeer
Sorry if i missed it but where is this launcher from? Another vega re-badge?

It's from the PoV Mobii...

You can find quite a few screenshots (+ detailed explanation) of the launcher, widgets, music and video player in the mobii user manual.

Will post a link later today...

(please remind me)

Guest iceman_
If someone could make an icon to launch it, and then edit some of the icons (for example: add an exit button instead of user guide), it would be awesome.

That is a great idea. Install 3D Launcher APK and you won't have to worry if you want to use another launcher as default.

Just Had delivery of one of these anywhere I can get step by step upgrade instructions for update & 3d desktop

Follow the instructions here http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...online-kitchen/

Do the same with the plugin file from the first post

Edited by iceman_

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jisonga

Just downloaded and installed this great little app.

Got to say i like it, would be nice if the widgets could be changed but you can't have everything, i will be using it for a while i think.

Thanks again to all the modders on this forum you have given me plenty to think about and play with and really given my Vega a boost from the tablet i had delivered.

Jason.

Guest HunteronX
seems to lack alot of functionality do you not get ant screens for widgets?

No, you don't unfortunately...

But there are many alternative launchers. ADW Launcher EX and Launcher Pro have 3D screen transitions at least, and are much more customisable.

Guest Jisonga

Well thought i would have a little play with buttons along the bottom.

I wanted to change internet to open my chossen homepage and link the user guide to open myadventvega website.

Now i managed to open the apk file and make the changes i wanted but when i try and upload it it fails something about not signed. I looked up how to get this signed and got completely lost.

I am going to try and have another look but if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks.

Jason.

Guest Jisonga

Scrub that its not coming up with a signed error I will have to double check later to find what the problem really is called.

Also I looked into adding this info into Paul Rom so it loaded as standard but could not see where the apk files went. They where not in the system app folder as the others are.

Jason.

Guest Jisonga

Ok had another little play with this again today and still no luck in editing the buttons on the dock.

I wanted to change the internet to open my home page of www.thesixthaxis.com and then map the user guide button to open the website www.myadventvega.co.uk as i thought this would be more helpfull.

I found the widgetinfo_us_en.xml file that was contained within the bgtdock.apk file, just looked at everything untill i looked in res\raw folder and found the file there.

I opened it using notepad and then found the relevent button info and made my small changes.

After updating the the xml file i then went about uploading the 3D desktop files again this time including my updated files.

Everything pushs fine except the bgtdock.apk file. It comes up with something like install parse fail no certification.

Now i was using my very limited knowledge to try and make some small changes to this great little app but have now got completely stuck.

Is there anyway i can manually push this apk onto my vega to see if that works and if so where abouts on the vega do the 3D desktop apks get pushed to.

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry to be a pain but i am slowly trying to learn a little more about Android so that i may even be able to give back to this generous community one day.

Jason.

Edited by Jisonga

Guest Jisonga

Ok thought i would try something different to move this over to the vega to see if i could get round the problem.

I downloaded clockwork rom manager and re zipped up the moddified 3d desktop files and tried to install it that way but no luck.

I then tried to just install the bgtdock.apk using ilauncher but it will not install.

Off to google we go i think unless some one with some proper brains can step in and help.

Thanks.

Jason.

• 2 months later...
Guest rosiekatie
This work was made before by OwenRW "http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-vega-vega-modaco-com/326120/3d-interface-working/

Here you will find the same plus 3D widgets and an easy way to install it.

Hi I bought a mobi's point of view tablet, for several days I was using its rom and I get used to the 3D desktop. Recently I switched to MoDaCo's rom and I have made a plugin to get this 3D desktop on that rom.

I hope it will be useful to you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QR6JBF0J

Install 3D Launcher APK if you want to use another launcher as default and use this one sporadically.

To install just unzip and execute the provided script like the MoDaCo's mod.

Here you have a great video courtesy of bearded1

hiya guys im a complete newbee i was gonna buy a cheapo chinese tablet from ebay..then i found your forum whooooo gotta have one of these :mellow:. its coming tommorow with the modaco rom installed...could someone please tell me how to install this plugin step by step? thanks

Guest Zebrahead
hiya guys im a complete newbee i was gonna buy a cheapo chinese tablet from ebay..then i found your forum whooooo gotta have one of these :mellow:. its coming tommorow with the modaco rom installed...could someone please tell me how to install this plugin step by step? thanks

Hey, welcome ^^.

It's really fairly simple. When you donwnload it there should be an installation script, and it's pretty much as easy as clicking on it.

I'd advise reading the guidelines set out in the r8 post as suggested in OP.

Zeb

Guest ViPaSoft

This 3D plug-in looks really good has has very little, if any at all, use. Widgets cannot be placed on the desktop and it adds nothing to the functionality of the VEGA.

If you want something really cool, you should try Corvus5 rom. It is far superior to the original rom and has overclocking and Google market pre-installed.

Just read the whole thread, or at very least, the first several entries and ask any questions in that thread.

Here's a link of your interested; http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...vus-teamed-rom/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest perrin21

I am trying to add the 3D Launcher but i keep getting permission denied messages from my mac. Does this launcher work on Corvus5 rom too (this is what i have installed)? Is this why im getting the error? The launcher looks awesome and id reinstall modaco but its not overclockable.

Guest simonta
I am trying to add the 3D Launcher but i keep getting permission denied messages from my mac. Does this launcher work on Corvus5 rom too (this is what i have installed)? Is this why im getting the error? The launcher looks awesome and id reinstall modaco but its not overclockable.

You're chasing a ghost. The launcher might look nice but it's useless. Better going with Launcher Pro or ADW.