[mod] [2011-03-22] TPT NAND Backup & Partition Tool - alpha3 [Gen1]

Guest wbaw

i have flashed the zip but my cell dont go in the TPT mode pressing volume+ and power button.

Look in the image folder in your sd card, if that all looks ok then try it holding MENU, VOL+ & Power on.

Guest Abhijeet357
Look in the image folder in your sd card, if that all looks ok then try it holding MENU, VOL+ & Power on.

yes all is ok but in the backup log.txt something system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh not found .bi use cm7 n39 and clockwardmod 3.0.2.4.

Edited by Abhijeet357

yes all is ok but in the backup log.txt something system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh not found .bi use cm7 n39 and clockwardmod 3.0.2.4.

It might have problems with ClockworkMod 3.0.2.4

Try it again with ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 instead, flash it using Rom Manager, then start again.

That not found message is normal if you're using CM7, that bit of code isn't needed for CM7, only earlier froyo roms.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Abhijeet357
It might have problems with ClockworkMod 3.0.2.4

Try it again with ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 instead, flash it using Rom Manager, then start again.

That not found message is normal if you're using CM7, that bit of code isn't needed for CM7, only earlier froyo roms.

sorrr wbaw im taking too much time of u. my phone is not going in the TPT mode . can i copy all the files in the image folder to the clockworkmod backup folder and and backup using the clockworkmod ? is it possible to change the partition by this ? please help me.

sorrr wbaw im taking too much time of u. my phone is not going in the TPT mode . can i copy all the files in the image folder to the clockworkmod backup folder and and backup using the clockworkmod ? is it possible to change the partition by this ? please help me.

It's probably not going into TPT mode because it failed to generate the image folder properly, because you used seb's clockwork 3.0.2.4 to create it & it's buggy. Delete the image directory, it's no good.

Install the official cyanogen version of ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 using rom manager, then start again, reboot into clockwork & flash the zip again, then try to TPT.

Guest Abhijeet357
It's probably not going into TPT mode because it failed to generate the image folder properly, because you used seb's clockwork 3.0.2.4 to create it & it's buggy. Delete the image directory, it's no good.

Install the official cyanogen version of ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 using rom manager, then start again, reboot into clockwork & flash the zip again, then try to TPT.

i think my phone is unique !!!!!!!! I can't understand why my phone is not going in the TPT mode. as i mentioned above is it possible to flash the files created in the image folder using the clokworkmod. as u said i have flashed the clockworkmod 3.0.1.4.

i think my phone is unique !!!!!!!! I can't understand why my phone is not going in the TPT mode. as i mentioned above is it possible to flash the files created in the image folder using the clokworkmod. as u said i have flashed the clockworkmod 3.0.1.4.

It would be possible with a bit of messing, but pointless because Clockwork can't change the partition sizes.

Is there a partition.mbn file in the image folder? Is there a log file, any errors?

What model phone have you got?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Schwinni
Hi thanks for the mod it worked perfect TFT OSF GEN1 TO GEN2 TPT JAPANESE SPRINGS

What? Gen2? How that?

Do you say the script works after upgrading to Gen2 (via wbaw's TPT method)?

Guest hugobosslives
What? Gen2? How that?

Do you say the script works after upgrading to Gen2 (via wbaw's TPT method)?

I think he means he did the tpt gen2 upgrade and he's saying thanks in the wrong wbaw thread.

• 2 months later...

Will this work with a ZTE V9 that's already flashed to CM7?

No, it'll either totally brick it beyond repair, or do nothing. It certainly isn't going to work.

This is for Gen1 European ZTE Blades only.

Actually, sorry, it's a while ago since I wrote this, it's been abandoned since Blades got their official froyo updates & moved to 'gen2' firmware... I'm not sure about the differences between blade & v9, I don't have a v9. There is a (very small) chance it could work, but it's flashing the appsboot.mbn bootloader, so if it flashes & doesn't work, then it'll mean your device can't boot... but this version doesn't contain the really dangerous part, so it should still be recoverable with a working tpt style firmware image for that device.

It could probably be modified to work on a v9, but I can't do that.

It's not a good idea to try this on other zte devices, unless you know what you're doing & know how to modify it to make it work.

Edited by wbaw

• 4 months later...
Guest tumstech

This is a very interesting topic, I wonder if this can be ported for other devices such as Viewpad 7. If some one can help me understand the archiitecture, I will like to modify it for my device family.

• 5 months later...
Guest vNa5h

Guys didnt went through the thread....

just read the first post....

is there any better method than this...

this seems too old