[mod] [2011-03-22] TPT NAND Backup & Partition Tool - alpha3 [Gen1]

Guest wbaw

Guest IronDoc

Does it definitely work for CM7? I reduced the cache to 1.5 with the files you gave earlier but it didn't work so I put a small cache on SD with simple2ext.

Nightly 4.

Yes it definitely should work on an unmodified CM7. There's already a startup script in CM7 that mounts /cache/download on the /data partition, it works without any problem, for me & most other posters here at least. I've been using it since Nightly 6. Don't flash ramcache on cm7, it's not needed, that's just for the zte-froyo roms.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Rotmann
I've written a very early draft of an idiots guide, going to post it in the next post. Once I've improved the grammar, made sure I didn't miss anything out, added the files & links, etc, I'll update the first post. Any help in improving it is appreciated.

I haven't got all the new files ready & tested yet, but for now it should work with the files posted here: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/330...nation/page/60/ I just want to make a few small adjustments & test everything properly before uploading them.

How about putting this on the first topic?

Does it definitely work for CM7? I reduced the cache to 1.5 with the files you gave earlier but it didn't work so I put a small cache on SD with simple2ext.

Nightly 4.

Yes, running CM7 nightly 8, this mod works perfect. No cache needed.

How about putting this on the first topic?

I will be, eventually. I want to check it for any errors, produce & test the updated files first. I've been a bit busy with work.

Guest IronDoc

Yeah it's fine now. Must've been fixed. Or reflashing fixed it.

Edit: This is with the partition I used before, just to clarify. I didn't change anything.

Edited by IronDoc

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody want to help me test a new more automated version of this?

It's going to be a clockwork .zip file that wipes cache, backs up system & userdata (possibly recovery, boot & splash too), calculates the right size for your system partition (leaves 2mb free space), reduces /cache to 2mb & gives the rest to /data then it writes those partitions to the tpt files ready to be flashed with a vol+ boot.

Guest Rotmann

It's going to be a clockwork .zip file that wipes cache, backs up system & userdata (possibly recovery, boot & splash too), calculates the right size for your system partition (leaves 2mb free space), reduces /cache to 2mb & gives the rest to /data then it writes those partitions to the tpt files ready to be flashed with a vol+ boot.

Tester here :D

Tester here :D

I'm struggling to get it to work at the moment ... I've got a shell script that works but for some reason it fails when i try it in clockwork, needs more work.

If I can ever get it to work, it will be quite good & it could also be used to create a tpt backup of an installed rom.

Edited by wbaw

Guest burstlam

I would give it a try. pls count me in if beta is ready.

I am now using the 319MB DATA mod version on CM7 N19

and already success in adapting it to create my own TPT IMAGE of FLB-R9B with nandroid backups before

looking forward to this!

thank you

almost got the first alpha ready.

you just need to flash it with clockworkmod 3.0.1.4 - the latest cyanogenmod version & it'll create a tpt phone backup on your sdcard's /image directory.

it'll back up recovery, boot, splash, system & userdata partitions, then check the size of the system.img that it's created & use that to automatically set the size of the partitions. so you should get 2mb /cache 2mb free space on /system & as much as possible on /userdata

if you're using a froyo rom you'll need to apply the ramcache.zip from my previous post before you use this.

it wont back up any apps on the sdcard, but it doesn't delete them either. so it's fine if you're going to install the tpt straight away, but if you keep it as a longer term backup then it's not going to save any apps on the sd card.

i'm just about to flash the first tpt myself, if it works, then i'll upload it. it hasn't had much testing at all, so take other backups with clockwork & have a known working tpt image that you can put on the sd card with a card reader if you need to fix a screw up. no responsibility for broken phones, etc. it's experimental. also, it's not going to work on eclair 2.1 roms.

Edited by wbaw

OK, here we go, it worked for me :D

If you're using froyo you'll need to flash this zip first, to redirect your cache, otherwise you want be able to install apps - http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70118

If you're using CM7, then it should just work without that zip, it did for me. If you have trouble installing apps, then reflash your cm7 zip & that should fix it.

Flash this blade_backup zip file with clockwork, & it'll create a tpt backup of your phone with new improved personalised partition sizes. It takes a few minutes, so be patient. Then power off your phone, hold vol+ and power on to install your new tpt backup, wait for it to flash, it should reboot & you should have more space on /data. I got 350mb :(

430d4f84eeaf3e289e1d0a9b3a76b30e blade_backup_alpha1.zip

blade_backup_alpha1.zip

Edited by wbaw

"clockworkmod 3.0.1.4 - the latest cyanogenmod version"

is that mean an upgrade through rom manager program?

Yeah, the latest version from rom manager. It might also work on 3.0.0.6 too. It needs to be a version that can install the CM7 rc2 & recent nightlies.

Guest burstlam
OK, here we go, it worked for me :D

If you're using froyo you'll need to flash this zip first, to redirect your cache, otherwise you want be able to install apps - http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70118

If you're using CM7, then it should just work without that zip, it did for me. If you have trouble installing apps, then reflash your cm7 zip & that should fix it.

Flash this blade_backup zip file with clockwork, & it'll create a tpt backup of your phone with new improved personalised partition sizes. It takes a few minutes, so be patient. Then power off your phone, hold vol+ and power on to install your new tpt backup, wait for it to flash, it should reboot & you should have more space on /data. I got 350mb :(

it works. after all I got 130.5 MB of system and 324mb on data.

no side effects now, download from market and installation work as usual

is that mean the new improved personalised partition is done automatically base on the current size of system partition during backups?

this is brilliant.

thx, pal

yes, it adds 2mb to the size of the system.img that it generates to create the partition sizes, so it should give you about 3mb free space on /system.

Guest burstlam
yes, it adds 2mb to the size of the system.img that it generates to create the partition sizes, so it should give you about 3mb free space on /system.

thanks. I would test it on other customized rom like flb's froyo after work.

I will let u know the result asap~

cheers!

just flashed the blade zip on cm7

all ok there,but when i power back on with volume +(held up i assume)

i just go into bootloader ?

did it create the /image folder on your sdcard?

did it create the /image folder on your sdcard?

yes

when i try to update it say: update from T-Flash card

/mmc1/image/partition.mbn error

load/mmc1/image/appsboot.mbn

error

Could it be because im on jap jelly partition ?

Edited by Guest

yes

when i try to update it say: update from T-Flash card

/mmc1/image/partition.mbn error

load/mmc1/image/appsboot.mbn

error

Could it be because im on jap jelly partition ?

It shouldn't matter what partitions you've got.

partition.mbn isn't edited by the script, only appsboot.mbn & partition_zte.mbn, so that error is extra strange.

It could be a bug.

Can you send me a pm with a copy of /sdcard/image/appsboot.mbn /sdcard/image/partition.mbn /sdcard/image/partition_zte.mbn & /cache/recovery/last_log please?

Is your phone booting normally? Another known working tpt should fix it if not.

Edited by wbaw

It shouldn't matter what partitions you've got.

partition.mbn isn't edited by the script, only appsboot.mbn & partition_zte.mbn, so that error is extra strange.

It could be a bug.

Can you send me a pm with a copy of /sdcard/image/appsboot.mbn /sdcard/image/partition.mbn /sdcard/image/partition_zte.mbn & /cache/recovery/last_log please?

Is your phone booting normally? Another known working tpt should fix it if not.

phone boots normal,

but i checked for recovery log,but there is not one ?

maybe problem with my clockwork(3.0.1.4)

i cant upload the image file,having some problems with opera browser on comp,

think i will have to switch back to firefox

Edited by Guest

phone boots normal,

but i checked for recovery log,but there is not one ?

maybe problem with my clockwork(3.0.1.4

i cant upload the image file,having some problems with opera browser on comp,

think i will have to switch back to firefox

clockwork 3.0.1.4 is the right version. it should save it's log in /cache/recovery/last_log if it's not there, then it doesn't matter, but it could help.

i dont need any .img files, just the .mbn files then i should be able to see what went wrong

clockwork 3.0.1.4 is the right version. it should save it's log in /cache/recovery/last_log if it's not there, then it doesn't matter, but it could help.

i dont need any .img files, just the .mbn files then i should be able to see what went wrong

Ok have discovered something

with root explorer i looked into the image folder placed on SD

And those files are showing size 0 ?

maybe the zip i downloaded was corrupt so will download again

Although some files are there ?

the mbn files are all size 0

Ok have discovered something

with root explorer i looked into the image folder placed on SD

And those files are showing size 0 ?

maybe the zip i downloaded was corrupt so will download again

Although some files are there ?

the mbn files are all size 0

how much free space is there on your sd card? sounds like it's full. the mbn files get written last, so they'll be the 0 byte ones. You should make sure you have at least 500mb free on your sd card before trying again.

how much free space is there on your sd card? sounds like it's full. the mbn files get written last, so they'll be the 0 byte ones. You should make sure you have at least 500mb free on your sd card before trying again.

that sounds like the cause as i have not cleaned up my memory card for a while and only have 32mb left

Will make some space,try again,and,report back

Thanks for the help and patience :(

edit: removed 2GB of dirty videos. Lol

problem solved

nice one dude

If only i had read first post correctly :D

sorry for wasting your time

Edited by Guest