1.08 Image now available

Guest Burns

Any news on how much from Pauls performance pack made its way into this stock ROM? Do we actually NEED the PP any more? Or is it all in this? Also, is the Accelerometer issue fixed in this rom by default?

Guest seismic

Closed the updater and started it all over again, this time, worked without any problems.

Bloody thing making me think i'd killed! Now to reinstall Paul's goodies

Guest Minimonkey

Updated today again with 1.08 new bake no PP with small Notification then ran Quadrant

Whats the best way to restore apps? (ran the built in application backup, but when Ive restore it runs slow after.... seems fine on 1.06)

*Update*

Ran built in restore = got all apps back

Unplugged charger = works better

post-792849-1295965536_thumb.jpg

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest JordanT92
Do we know if this will support a 3G dongle because of these changes?

Anyone able to test it out?

Anybody at all? And are the mobile network settings in the Wireless Settings page now? If not, when you add an account to Gmail, press the home button and click wireless options, then mobile networks, can anybody add an APN there? Before this version, it wouldn't save and be blank again... :lol:

Guest simonta
I have updated to 1.08 and tried to also install the R6 Pack with only small notification option. no pp or anything else but I keep getting an error saying...

"error more than one device or emulator" when I try and run Paul's update.

checked that I have the ADB driver but doesnt seem to want to run. I have tried restarting both the vega and my windows 7 pc but it doesnt make a difference. also tried updating adb driver but it said it was up to date. not sure what to do next? Help !

Working now? QLF was right but for interest, the error you get suggests you had more than one Android device plugged in and using USB debug. Do you have more than one device?

Guest mrguest
Working now? QLF was right but for interest, the error you get suggests you had more than one Android device plugged in and using USB debug. Do you have more than one device?

Aha. Yes i stupidly plugged my phone in to charge it and didnt realise what was happening. Thanks for the help all sorted and running well apart from usb switcher which paul said he is updating for 1.08 thanks again.great support in this forum.

Guest zzleezz
Personally, I'm finding the 1.08 less smooth than 1.06.5 with pp even though I get a higher Quadrant score...

Same here. Nothing really bad but not as smooth as r6 + pp.

Guest carl rose

I had a problem with one of my widgets that slowed everything to a crawl. I can now confirm that without the r6 and performance pack the 1.8 is as quick if not quicker than the 1.6 with all the other stuff. This, with the benefit of having better screen responsiveness. I found a way to install the market and it all works beautifully. All I need now is the usb host working.

I had a problem with one of my widgets that slowed everything to a crawl. I can now confirm that without the r6 and performance pack the 1.8 is as quick if not quicker than the 1.6 with all the other stuff. This, with the benefit of having better screen responsiveness. I found a way to install the market and it all works beautifully. All I need now is the usb host working.

Please share how you got the Market working, I spent a short while checking and lost the will (as I trashed mine doing CWM and reverted in the end to a vanilla 1.08) - I was just going to wait for Pauls r7 and use SlideMe in the mean time - but please let us know. Thanks in advance.

Guest carl rose
Please share how you got the Market working, I spent a short while checking and lost the will (as I trashed mine doing CWM and reverted in the end to a vanilla 1.08) - I was just going to wait for Pauls r7 and use SlideMe in the mean time - but please let us know. Thanks in advance.

Just download the attachment with the vega, go to settings, software tool, software update and point it to where you got the downloaded file. The vega will reboot and you will have a full working market. It will be the old version the first time you launch it but it will update itself. After that just install maps, youtube and everything else google. The only thing I'm having trouble installing is the official twitter app.

Hope that helps you

I can't seem to upload it to the site, ill post a link wait

http://fileape.com/index.php?act=download&...bxlSLJddQ5DnT4y

Edited by carl rose

Guest mrguest

Me too ! quadrant scores very high about 2432 and yet it doesnt seem as smooth as it was before !

Just download the attachment with the vega, go to settings, software tool, software update and point it to where you got the downloaded file. The vega will reboot and you will have a full working market. It will be the old version the first time you launch it but it will update itself. After that just install maps, youtube and everything else google. The only thing I'm having trouble installing is the official twitter app.

Hope that helps you

I can't seem to upload it to the site, ill post a link wait

http://fileape.com/index.php?act=download&...bxlSLJddQ5DnT4y

Thats excellent - will give that a go when I get home. I would open a new thread with this.

For new Vega owners who are nervous of flashing/CWM etc and just want Google features and Flash on a vanilla build this is the proverbial pin hammer to crack a rock :-)

Guest carl rose
Thats excellent - will give that a go when I get home. I would open a new thread with this.

For new Vega owners who are nervous of flashing/CWM etc and just want Google features and Flash on a vanilla build this is the proverbial pin hammer to crack a rock :-)

It didn't take me long to find it. I cannot remember where I got it from though. All I know is that I tried a different solutions and none worked, it just kept crashing on launch. This one worked! What's doing my head in is the official twitter app! Why does it not install I wonder? :lol:

Edited by carl rose

Guest mrguest
I have a fixed USB host app ready to go for 1.08... i'll post it today in the USB host app topic.

P

Am i being dense Paul? Was looking for the usb host switcher app update nd cant finx it? Thanks for all you do

It didn't take me long to find it. I cannot remember where I got it from though. All I know is that I tried a different solutions and none worked, it just kept crashing on launch. This one worked! What's doing my head in is the official twitter app! Why does it not install I wonder? :lol:

Doesn't work for me doing software update in settings - with cwm i needed to apply through that. Market working - but cant find google maps.....cheers

Edited by sipart

Guest carl rose
Doesn't work for me doing software update in settings - with cwm i needed to apply through that. Market working - but cant find google maps.....cheers

Just do a search for google and all the google apps will show, maps is a bit down the list. I haven't got the cwm. it works fine without that. Over 45 people downloaded it and only got thanks from you. Maybe I should've charged, seem to get more thanks when you charge. Ungrateful lot.

Edited by carl rose

Just do a search for google and all the google apps will show, maps is a bit down the list. I haven't got the cwm. it works fine without that. Over 45 people downloaded it and only got thanks from you. Maybe I should've charged, seem to get more thanks when you charge. Ungrateful lot.

Yes that was first thing i did. Your twitterapp issue maybe location issues. Download "my fake location" (another app i cant find in the market which is there on my san fran).

Guest carl rose
Yes that was first thing i did. Your twitterapp issue maybe location issues. Download "my fake location" (another app i cant find in the market which is there on my san fran).

Yes, you are right. There are a few apps I can't find in the market. Do you think this is bacause it can't detect location? My maps was installed from the xda site and not from the market. Only found that out now that had a poke around the maps settings and it says something about brut mod. Tried to install my fake location but it fails. Work in progress.