I want an app for...

Guest Frankish

Guest Mushroom_Lord
i use picsay free to do rotation. i plan to write my own screenshot app (with rotation!) when i get time.

Lots of screenshot apps use triggers such as shake to activate a screenshot. What would be nice is a button which layers over the screen (and if possible could be dragged around the screen), which when pressed disappeared and took a screenshot. Complex, but would make it the best screenshot app ;)

Can anyone recommend a decent dialler app?

I am looking for 1 single app that can be used when you want to dial a contact or input a new number.

I use JJ ROM and am not really impressed by the stock one or any of the market ones I have tried.

Guest Rotmann

It would be helpful to tell us what you tried so that we don't suggest what you have already tried. How about youlu or the smartdialer add-on from the JJ topic?

Guest The Soup Thief
ShootMe can trigger if you cover the light sensor.

It can, and I've managed to get it to capture images that way but no motion

It can trigger on a shout too

Still no news on the motion though - shame cos that's the only bit I'm interested in!

Guest Holehouse

I use Jorte for my calendar app

Smooth Calendar for a widget

Another great app is Journey Pro [free] train times (and Tube, London Bus, River with live info etc if you live in London, also domestic flights.) Shows Rail maps and tube maps. All round great.

Journey Pro gets another thumbs up from me (although it does like to run in the background all the time), it's free and it's better than most of the paid ones that I've seen others using.

Has anyone used Dolphin Mini on the Blade? Seems a little faster than stock, but if only you could get rid of the horrible green theme, it does my eyes in.

It would be helpful to tell us what you tried so that we don't suggest what you have already tried. How about youlu or the smartdialer add-on from the JJ topic?

tried Youlu and really like it. Thanks for the advice. I had tried Acontact, Dialer One and Ray's Dialler.

Guest Salsaholic
tried Youlu and really like it. Thanks for the advice. I had tried Acontact, Dialer One and Ray's Dialler.

What about privacy @ Youlu? They offer their own syncing service and the first thing that shows up on the website is a log-in with your mobile phone number. Is it possible to use the app without any syncing? This was just irritating me when first following KK's recommendation for Youlu...

Guest Ralph Martin
no i want the opposite i want the phone go to internet through computer

I see. Why not just by a WiFi dongle for the PC? You can get tiny ones for under £10.

Guest Phoenix Silver
I see. Why not just by a WiFi dongle for the PC? You can get tiny ones for under £10.

read the question it's not for me i already do it through wifi

just wondering which internet browser u guys use?

i've tried dolphin, opera mini and skyfire

i like opera best but find it really hard to select pages (lil square with page no.) when browsing mdc

dolphin just looks a bit odd and never really liked it

skyfire is ok, but the main problem is the annoying pop ups which make it laggy at times, or is thr any way disabling them?

Guest Asghar_UK
'SoftLocker Free' will enable that too.

Brilliant simple app, hated having to press the on/off button everytime the mobile went into sleep mode. Now I can just use any of the bottom three keys.

Guest Phoenix Silver

i like opera best but find it really hard to select pages (lil square with page no.) when browsing mdc

skyfire is ok, but the main problem is the annoying pop ups which make it laggy at times, or is thr any way disabling them?

skyfire because it can read flash videos

it connects through a proxy and i can see bbc site even from france

Guest The Soup Thief
skyfire because it can read flash videos

it connects through a proxy and i can see bbc site even from france

True, true... I've been trying Miren browser the last few says - not quite the functionality of skyfire, but it's very quick and has a very nice UI

Guest Rotmann

Opera mini for speed and data compression and miren browser as alternative to see fully rendered web pages.

Brilliant simple app, hated having to press the on/off button everytime the mobile went into sleep mode. Now I can just use any of the bottom three keys.

This keeps your phone from sleeping, it will affect battery life significantly.

Guest Lifeforms

Can anyone recommend a widget/app that'll allow me to turn off internet via a simple one for all click? I'd like to be able to stop my phone going 3g or whatever connection it has when wifi isn't available. But still get things like mms. Just stop pushes from likes of facebook, gmail etc. think lazy! I don't want to have to disable it all individually, but with an enable/disable button so that if i'm out and about I don't worry about it connecting up.

Guest ezablade
Can anyone recommend a widget/app that'll allow me to turn off internet via a simple one for all click? I'd like to be able to stop my phone going 3g or whatever connection it has when wifi isn't available. But still get things like mms. Just stop pushes from likes of facebook, gmail etc. think lazy! I don't want to have to disable it all individually, but with an enable/disable button so that if i'm out and about I don't worry about it connecting up.

Have you tried Widgetsoid? it has a plethora of toggles, including one for Mobile Data (not sure what that turns off, never used it), wi-fi, bluetooth etc.

the best one to be really safe is APNdroid. it will change the apn settings so that 3g internet really is impossible. later just

start it again and internet is possible again.