[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest jamin100
did I read right that you have a ZTE Blade too? have you tried swapping the battery around?

No, I have a nexus one. The battery lasted for at least 2 days on the previous rom I had on so I don't think it's the battery..

Thanks for your reply

Guest Kthulhu
No, I have a nexus one. The battery lasted for at least 2 days on the previous rom I had on so I don't think it's the battery..

Thanks for your reply

Have you recalibrate the battery of your Balde following the post on one of the forum? - this happens to me changing roms - maybe you are not charging reallty at 100%.

UPDATE: Here u have the link

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...bration-protip/

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest jamin100
Have you recalibrate the battery of your Balde following the post on one of the forum? - this happens to me changing roms - maybe you are not charging reallty at 100%.

Hmmm no I haven't. Do you know where the thread is located?

Guest oh!dougal
Time spent without sleeping 12 hours and 12 minutes - is that normal?

Is there anything else I can check?

The phone was taken off charge at about 630 this morning and is now down to only 8% battery left.

She's sent about 4 emails through 2g and had a four minute phone call.

Off charge at about 0630.

Your post at 1834.

And between times (12 hours) it reports 12 hours and 12 minutes without sleeping ...

... yes I believe that your battery would be almost flat.

Its not normal behaviour. Not at all.

As regards what's causing it not to go to sleep, I don't know.

But I do note that you specified the use of 2g mobile data.

It wouldn't surprise me if something like Talk was trying to login, and repeatedly failing - because you have 3g data turned off or otherwise unavailable. Turn on 3g!

Have you tried TechSelfSupport 101 (reboot and see if that helps)?

That has the effect of killing any apps keeping it awake unintentionally.

I also recall early Orange stock rom quirks with Camera/Gallery not initialising properly. Simply opening either Camera or Gallery was enough to pacify them, IIRC.

My suspicion then (totally unconfirmed) was that this might have been Gallery trying to catalogue the sdcard images, and not finding any (because the thing was new), getting stuck in a loop, stuck in a loop, stuck ... Have you got any pictures for Gallery to find on your sdcard? Anyway, another bit of voodoo to try is to just start the Camera application (hey take a picture), and quit it, and see if that calms it down.

Last point is that if the screen is off, but you can wake it (to the lockscreen) by pressing one of the front buttons, then the phone was not actually asleep, just in screen save. Which would run your battery down fast, like in about 12 hours or so ...

(But note that when the screen goes off, it NORMALLY takes several seconds more (maybe 15 sec more) before it actually goes into sleep, and the front buttons go properly 'dead'.)

Guest womble_sanfran

No need to make guesses on this one, just go into spare parts, click battery history and then select partial wake usage and your culprit app will be at the top. Facebook app did it to me!

Hi,

I'm really happy with this ROM so far. Many thanks for your work.

Only thing I've noticed today is that "Show suggestions" does not work (and so "Quick fixes" and "auto-complete").

Is anyone else seeing this?

Cheers,

f.-

Guest ovolactohippo
Hi,

I'm really happy with this ROM so far. Many thanks for your work.

Only thing I've noticed today is that "Show suggestions" does not work (and so "Quick fixes" and "auto-complete").

Is anyone else seeing this?

Cheers,

f.-

Yep - see my post a few pages back and the one following it...

QUOTE(ovolactohippo @ Jan 29 2011, 11:30)

Anyone else not able to get suggestions / autocomplete on the android keyboard? The options are there and ticked but don't do anything for me.

Yes, I find the same thing...

This ROM looks very nice, but today i wanted to use Google Maps (or whatever using GPS) and i find out that GPS module cant see any gps satelite. Sad but true ;)

Guest cdstack
This ROM looks very nice, but today i wanted to use Google Maps (or whatever using GPS) and i find out that GPS module cant see any gps satelite. Sad but true ;)

Works fine for me no problem with gps try a reflash

HW is OK, most another ROMs working fine. Reflash dont solve anything. I did full wipe, clean install and GPS still not working. However i use circle battery mode, but i think that cant be problem.

Guest Kthulhu
There must be an app not sleeping or exiting. I have very good battery life with a mix of BT/Wifi/2G/3G and GPS always on and full autosync and background data... like 2-3 days. Autobrightness on. No app killers or anything for me ta!

Do you really do more than 48h "using" the phone (some calls, wifi, gps,etc..)??? I can do, at most, 24h like that with any rom ;)

Guest Len Ash
Do you really do more than 48h "using" the phone (some calls, wifi, gps,etc..)??? I can do, at most, 24h like that with any rom ;)

Yep, sometimes with calls of 1/2 hour on BT in car...

Guest jr866gooner

Yeah how on earth do you manage it!!??

Guest DBLobster

;)

Very excellent.

but, market and gtalk not work for me.

Marktet say: Download was unsuccessful

GTalk say: Google Talk Authentication Failed

de-oranged r9 ok for me.

Edited by DBLobster

Guest harry_m
;)

Very excellent.

but, market and gtalk not work for me.

Marktet say: Download was unsuccessful

GTalk say: Google Talk Authentication Failed

de-oranged r9 ok for me.

That's because you signed-in via wifi!

It's a known "bug" I think ... no idea if somebody is working on that.

Guest oh!dougal

This ROM is based on a Beta leak. It IS heavily modified from the leak, including...

[*]Many updated parts

[*]Patched libraries to allow Google account setup via WiFi (YES... a fix for the 'invalid MAC address' problem)

[*]Tweaked to show full market

[*]Streaming video sound fix (thanks flibblesan)

Are these tweaks proprietary or "Open Source" ?

Guest jamin100

BATTERY INFO UPDATE:

Ok well it seemed the battery calibration worked!

The phone was on from 7am yesterday morning until 10pm last night and it went from 100% battery to 93% !!!!

She had 2 phone calls lasting a combined total of 9 minutes and sent a few texts and emails.

The phone was put into aeroplane mode at 10pm and put back on normal at 7am this morning.

As of 1pm this afternoon the phone is reporting to still have 80% charge left!

She's happy again ;)

Guest pinglis

can anyone point me to a apk for the gingerbread keyboard that would work with this rom

i tried extracting one from another rom but just had force close message every 10 seconds or so

Guest oh!dougal
can anyone point me to a apk for the gingerbread keyboard that would work with this rom

i tried extracting one from another rom but just had force close message every 10 seconds or so

In Market ... "Keyboard from Android 2.3' ... seems to work very nicely!

Guest suriya83

i also get easily 2 days out of it with moderate usage with 3g/data/gps/sync on. screen auto and bluetooth off.

i did the battery recalibration thing. don't know if it helped though