[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest ovolactohippo

Installed r.01 last night and had the same issue with trying to add a google account over wifi. Set up my giffgaff APN manually and that worked for browser, but still gave me the same "unable to establish a stable connection" error setting up a google account. Reboot sorted it for me though and worked fine using mobile data.

Guest ZakMcRofl
Yes. The Google Activation needs to be done via 3G, but Paul seems to have solved it.

That would explain why I couldn't activate, I had so SIM card in it. Please look into fixing it.

Guest Filipe Catalao

After 12 hours of use, i'm getting a problem. Battery. in 8 hours has gone. Even using task killers, and yes, during my sleep time, wifi off, no opened programs, 65% has gone in 6 hours.

wtf?

this is for me the only problem for now, and ''Maps'' is always opening in background . don't know why

After 12 hours of use, i'm getting a problem. Battery. in 8 hours has gone. Even using task killers, and yes, during my sleep time, wifi off, no opened programs, 65% has gone in 6 hours.

wtf?

this is for me the only problem for now, and ''Maps'' is always opening in background . don't know why

Maps was constantly opening for me and using battery, I found it to be latitude. I forgot I had tried it.

Signed out of Latitude and it stopped opening.

Guest Sebastian404
That would explain why I couldn't activate, I had so SIM card in it. Please look into fixing it.

I dont have the documents to hand, but I'm fairly sure that's 'expected behaviour', they want you to register over the air... its not a 'fix' your looking for but a 'work around'....

Guest kallt_kaffe
I don't believe in overclocking, your better off with JJ for that sort of thing... or buy a PSP

An overclocking-atheist? Surerly there are plenty of evidence for the existance of overclocking. :lol:

Is there a dump somewhere of the original ROM?

Btw, how is the stock FM Radio in this ROM? If it suffers from the same same problems as in the other official 2.2 ROMs then try this hack that I made to the kernel: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1567478

Guest Sebastian404
An overclocking-atheist? Surerly there are plenty of evidence for the existance of overclocking. :lol:

Is there a dump somewhere of the original ROM?

Btw, how is the stock FM Radio in this ROM? If it suffers from the same same problems as in the other official 2.2 ROMs then try this hack that I made to the kernel: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1567478

I also don't believe in FM radio... but as far as I know, it was working...

Guest socialworker

Installed r0.1 after removing some of the clutter (alternative keyboard...).

Seems to be very snappy and also battery friendly.

Can't test wifi sleep until tonight, but everything else works like a charm.

Thanks Seb!

Quadrant: 417

Guest kallt_kaffe
I also don't believe in FM radio... but as far as I know, it was working...

Interesting. In the Japanese (and likely the Chinese aswell) the headset is reported with a completely different device ID when using the FM Radio and it seems other parts of our Blades can't handle that correctly so my kernelmodification just changed the device ID back on-the-fly to the same as used in 2.1 and the non-modified FM Radio started to work again.

Guest jasonXXx
Interesting. In the Japanese (and likely the Chinese aswell) the headset is reported with a completely different device ID when using the FM Radio and it seems other parts of our Blades can't handle that correctly so my kernelmodification just changed the device ID back on-the-fly to the same as used in 2.1 and the non-modified FM Radio started to work again.

Radio works fine out the box on this rom.

Guest whatcolour

I have some experience in this. The FM radio in this rom seems to work in the same way as the one MCFan modified - it doesn't quit properly in that volume up/down button still control "Media Volume" rather than "Ringer Volume" after quitting. I tried swapping the one in JJ and the 3 second problem comes back.

KK, it would be great if you can make an overclockable kernel for this rom, cuz it does seem to be a better base than the Softbank version.

Guest jasonXXx

There seems to be no problems i have tryed every part of the system i can think off only 1 little prob for me is button savior struggles to get root but i dont think this is a problem with the rom more superuser or button savior unless its a problem with file permissions if you look in the update-script for this rom the permissions are different to the update-script from ChainsDD superuser update.zip. Any idea?

Guest kallt_kaffe
I have some experience in this. The FM radio in this rom seems to work in the same way as the one MCFan modified - it doesn't quit properly in that volume up/down button still control "Media Volume" rather than "Ringer Volume" after quitting. I tried swapping the one in JJ and the 3 second problem comes back.

KK, it would be great if you can make an overclockable kernel for this rom, cuz it does seem to be a better base than the Softbank version.

Now, that's wierd. Because even taking the 2.1 FM_zte.apk triggers the 3-seconds problem. That means ZTE must have tweaked their Radio app in this release.

Guest whatcolour
Now, that's wierd. Because even taking the 2.1 FM_zte.apk triggers the 3-seconds problem. That means ZTE must have tweaked their Radio app in this release.

Yes, that does seem to be the only conclusion, but they failed to make it quit properly.

My phone keeps asking me for the PIN code every couple of minutes (accepts it every time) then works for a while and asks again or reboots / shuts down all of a sudden. I installed this ROM with Clockwork Recovery after doing a complete wipe. I didn't edit any of the files. Do I need to?

I reverted back to the Jellyfish RLS9 so there's no problem. I just wanted to know if this is even nicer :lol:

Guest whatcolour
My phone keeps asking me for the PIN code every couple of minutes (accepts it every time) then works for a while and asks again or reboots / shuts down all of a sudden. I installed this ROM with Clockwork Recovery after doing a complete wipe. I didn't edit any of the files. Do I need to?

I reverted back to the Jellyfish RLS9 so there's no problem. I just wanted to know if this is even nicer :lol:

UNLOCK IT!

Guest whatcolour
I am sorry! So it was something trivial (?) :lol:

However my phone isn't operator locked (or so it is advertised).

It might not be that, but certainly sth worth trying.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I am sorry! So it was something trivial (?) :lol:

However my phone isn't operator locked (or so it is advertised).

All Blades are locked but some are sold with ROMs that ignore it.

Oh, but I don't get any dialogs for unlocking (this is awkward). :\

The phone also seems to lose connection when I press any of the hard buttons, which don't really act the way they do on the stock/jellyfish ROM (last time the home button triggered a reboot).

Guest whatcolour
Oh, but I don't get any dialogs for unlocking (this is awkward). :\

The phone also seems to lose connection when I press any of the hard buttons, which don't really act the way they do on the stock/jellyfish ROM (last time the home button triggered a reboot).

r0.1? some r0.2 were not uploaded correctly (md5 mismatch), hence removed from the first post temporarily.