[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest sumdumguy

OMG!! what a battle I had to sign in the google account for anything to work.. that needs fixing asap, I was at it for a couple of hours ;)

but I'm glad i persisted, the rom now runs lovely and battery usage seems way better than my previous JJ7 rom.

edit.. just for info I installed 0.2 version on Orage TFT sanfrancisco which has 128mb partition layout. wiped/data cleared and clean memory card ..I cleared the data/cache before installing the rom, maybe I should of done it afterwards? hence my google account problem.

Edited by sumdumguy

I had the same difficulty with actually downloading from the Market but followed the advice above from oh!dougal and managed it. Next hurdle was the inability to restore apps from Titanium. After endless attempts which led to an almost instantaneous notification that my restores had succeeded (when it was obvious that they hadn't) I tried redownloading the apps and just restoring the data which worked, mercifully.

Bit of a PITA but if anyone else encounters this problem, there is an acceptable solution.

Edited by ffooky

Guest burstlam

trying to use CLOCKWORKMOD V3 to flash de-cross r02

when it has boot up the screen lockup and time zone set to +0:00 that cannot be change.

but it goes smooth when change back to 2.5.1.8

Guest Lassito

Will I just wrote a text message and realized that if I select a contact that is taken twice which means that the SMS sent twice. Could anyone identify this bug? Try once the SMS function. Maybe you can fix it somehow.

Guest Kthulhu
I am relally surprised with this rom. I have an UK gray OLED SF that never reconnects 100% times to my home wifi (tried modaco 2.1, FLB 2.2 and Seb 2.2 de-soft..and all kind of fixes) but whit this 2.2 de-crossed so far so good. I tested several times during hours and I wifi reconnects, wifi can be set to "never sleep" and most of the time phone wake up the with Menu button ;)

UPDATE: Wifi reconets but still sometimes a can not get IP and you have to turn off/on manually, I know it may be a problem of my network. So for me, Wifi with this rom it is pretty good but still not perfect.

Seb: Would the wifi fix of KK jellfish improve anything?

About the wake up menu button, I know it is odd, but I can not find the reason why this is happening. It is not always possible but most of the time it works! It is not wifi related, and my battery is running normal, so I am not worried. Other perple has reported this with other mobiles roms, so maybe a zte bug or something like that. Any case the ideal default option should be to "wake up with menu button" because the power button of our loved ZTE blade is not going to last much ;)

Guest Filipe Catalao

stupid question:

I use syncmypix for update photos of my contacts, via facebook...

But how can I set a picture for me?

(This is because in the sms mode, all contacts have a picture, except me :S)

Guest fonix232
stupid question:

I use syncmypix for update photos of my contacts, via facebook...

But how can I set a picture for me?

(This is because in the sms mode, all contacts have a picture, except me :S)

It should grab your pic from your Google account!

Guest Filipe Catalao
Yeah easiest way is set one on pc then sync it should show.

How can I do that? I have google sync active , with all options... but nothing.

There's no option or way, to add manually a photo to me?

Hi there,

This ROM, oh pardon my french, this firmware seems to be the real deal. It comes close to perfect, despite the fact, that it isn't wednesday at all. ;)

This firmware works very smoothly. The battery consumption is quite impressive. Even multimedia handles this firmware very well, eg. divx-Videos are totally smooth with rockplayer V1.5.5, no stutter, no non-synchronous problems. The GPS fix was very fast, like no other firmware I used. Even the fm-radio saves the stations in preset slots. Only volume change didn't work, but hey, who uses radio nowadays, anyway.

Thank you very much, Sebastian, this is just awesome.

Guest Filipe Catalao

I agree. The ROM is perfect.

I leave this advice to the Portuguese like me, there is a free application called VPN Portugal, which automatically configures access points for MMS, Internet, of any national metwork of Portugal, and for those who have problems with sync, is better to use the .01 ROM.

I put as indicated by the mELIANTE, the original launcher form Nexus ONE , and changed the files and com.android.contacts.apk com.android.providers.contacts.apk to stock original dialer, and the cellphone is perfect without any bugs or slowness. Hardware acceleration also helps to make it even better.

Many thanks to all who helped me and a special thanks to Seb:)

Guest staffsMike

ROM working really nicely here only problem i can see is flash videos not working in the brower when i thought they were supposed to. If im wrong then apologees but is it working for anyone else?

GB-ish Theme as the earlier screenshot available here

Stock Theme Here

Updated to work with Clockwork 3.x.x.x and Signed to work with nandroid restores.

Should be all good now, but but practice safe flashing (nandroid etc and use at your own risk)

Sorry about the delay, but I've been busy and banging my head against the wall with noobish issues signing! (7x64 issues, auto signing batch files that f'ed up environmental variables, and being ignorant about the platform key and test keys in general).

I'll do more when I have a chance, probably by tuesday, and open a proper thread for them to not clutter this one, hope you enjoy.

ROM working really nicely here only problem i can see is flash videos not working in the brower when i thought they were supposed to. If im wrong then apologees but is it working for anyone else?

The processor in the Blade isn't supported so even though you've now upgraded to 2.2 you still don't get flash, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Guest staffsMike
The processor in the Blade isn't supported so even though you've now upgraded to 2.2 you still don't get flash, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thats cool just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Guest andycanada

I'd like to try this ROM, but I've read there has been problems with connecting to the google account? It seems some people were able to connect if they used 3G? It also sounds like some people were able to log into their google accounts through wifi after rebooting a few times? I only have wifi, so I want to confirm that it is possible to login with just wifi before I install. Can anyone confirm?

Cheers

Guest Len Ash
I'd like to try this ROM, but I've read there has been problems with connecting to the google account? It seems some people were able to connect if they used 3G? It also sounds like some people were able to log into their google accounts through wifi after rebooting a few times? I only have wifi, so I want to confirm that it is possible to login with just wifi before I install. Can anyone confirm?

Cheers

2G works OK. You may have to reboot if the Account sign in stalls. No biggie.

Guest oh!dougal

I rather prefer the 2.2 camera interface.

My only quibble is that "debanding" is set to OFF by default.

Setting it to 60Hz for US and Japan, or 50Hz for the rest of the world (like us in Europe), should help picture quality indoors (by artificial light). While there may still be 'strobing" on the preview screen, at least it shouldn't be visible on photos with "debanding" on.

(I think all the 2.1's I've used defaulted to "auto" - this 2.2 defaults to "off", a negative improvement!)

One oddity: Vlingo didn't show up in Market. (Maybe because of the N1 fingerprint?) Restored from backup and it even reinstalled its keyboard, so no hassle, just something I wouldn't have expected ...

And one request. Maps5 "3D" mode (drag two fingers down) works fine, but its a nuisance being utterly unable to rotate the view (two finger twirl). I know, I know, I know that its a duo touch screen and CAN (does) get confused, but being able to do it at all would be better than not being able to.

I think there's a property that needs to be faked - I'll see if I can find it. (Can't be as serious as faking an N1 ... ;) )

"Compass mode" self-rotating 3D centred on your current position (which works fine) shows how nice it would be.

ADDED, the JJ7 circle battery mod (that was on my sdcard) works fine (but did add a jellyfish wallpaper ...)

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest mELIANTE
And one request. Maps5 "3D" mode (drag two fingers down) works fine, but its a nuisance being utterly unable to rotate the view (two finger twirl). I know, I know, I know that its a duo touch screen and CAN (does) get confused, but being able to do it at all would be better than not being able to.

I think there's a property that needs to be faked - I'll see if I can find it. (Can't be as serious as faking an N1 ... ;) )

"Compass mode" self-rotating 3D centred on your current position (which works fine) shows how nice it would be.

I believe this is defined in system\etc\permissions\android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml

By adding <feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct" /> in

<permissions>

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" />

</permissions>

And getting this

<permissions>

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" />

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct" />

</permissions>

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest oh!dougal

Yes, that sounds like the map-rotation-property fake!

One other weirdness.

Wired headset button - seems to be ignored. Doesn't answer a call. Doesn't act on Music player. Its just ignored.

Wonder if someone else could confirm this?

And does anyone know if this might be a problem with all the kernels compiled from the ZTE 2.2 source?

Edited by oh!dougal