[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

You should re-flash.

I have flashed 02 and everything is working correctly. At least stuff that I use (wifi, GPS, maps, etc, etc)

Update:

Alarm works ;)

The only thing I can't do is, in the Messaging app, add contacts from the contacts list. That is, when choosing recipients, if I tap in the grey figure it does nothing. To add recipients I have to start writing their names and then select from a drop-down list of suggestions. In other Messaging apps like Handcent everything works. No biggie.

Edited by manji

Guest andycanada
2G works OK. You may have to reboot if the Account sign in stalls. No biggie.

I don't have any data plan, so I have to log into the account with wifi. I tried last night, and it doesn't work, so I restored my modaco r11 rom

Guest Len Ash
I don't have any data plan, so I have to log into the account with wifi. I tried last night, and it doesn't work, so I restored my modaco r11 rom

A Smartphone with no data plan....

Total Neebie here -

I only got my Orange San Francisco 2 days ago... Flashed it to this ROM.. Thanks Sab !! Works like a dream, very fast.

I have one issue though - Wifi works really well, however I've noticed that Wifi turns off when the phone goes into "Sleep Mode"... I've changed the Wireless Advanced Setting and choose Wi-Fi sleep Policy set to " Never "... But this doesn't do anything... I'd like to have Wi-fi running in the background when the phone is sleeping for syncing e-mails etc thus not using 3G data...

Any advice ?

EDIT : - UK Orange San Francisco - TFT Screen

Many thanks for this ROM !

Dmont

Edited by dmont

Guest oh!dougal
Total Neebie here -

I only got my Orange San Francisco 2 days ago... Flashed it to this ROM.. Thanks Sab !! Works like a dream, very fast.

I have one issue though - Wifi works really well, however I've noticed that Wifi turns off when the phone goes into "Sleep Mode"... I've changed the Wireless Advanced Setting and choose Wi-Fi sleep Policy set to " Never "... But this doesn't do anything... I'd like to have Wi-fi running in the background when the phone is sleeping for syncing e-mails etc thus not using 3G data...

Any advice ?

Welcome to the Forum.

There is a great "Search" facility.

Do practice using it!

This is an FAQ.

That is how the phone hardware works - with any/every rom.

Plug it into the charger overnight, so it is only in screen sleep, not full system sleep, and the wifi can work - so you will collect your email, fully charge the battery, and do it no harm at all.

Welcome to the Forum.

There is a great "Search" facility.

Do practice using it!

This is an FAQ.

That is how the phone hardware works - with any/every rom.

Plug it into the charger overnight, so it is only in screen sleep, not full system sleep, and the wifi can work - so you will collect your email, fully charge the battery, and do it no harm at all.

Ooops ! sorry for posting in the wrong place..

Thanks for your advice dougal, I apreciate it.

Dmont

Issues I have had so far are:

Wi-fi was unable to use DHCP server. A static IP got around this.

I noticed the volume control at one point was setting media volume with no media apps open - a restart sorted this for the time being.

EDIT: ok the above as previously mentioned was caused by the radio app - force quitting it brought back the correct volume slider.

Using the volume buttons in phone mode does not take it down to OFF after vibrate only.

Also I could not patch this rom with DTApps2SD so it saw my EXT partition - but that could be usual.

Other than that I like the rom a lot ;)

Edited by Fi5h

Guest yadabwoy

quick update the roms working fine on my phone now I had an issue but that was due to hungarian files , so far im loving it battery life is good had 3g on since last night and just noww the battery has gone down half way ,, doesnt work well with my gba emulator like jj9 did but guess thats due to no hw acceleration , is there any way to turn it on ?

Guest mELIANTE

@sebastian404

Yet another magnificent fw. Your de-oranged was my favourite Eclair and now this is my favourite FroYo ;)

Is it possible to adjust the light sensor sensibility? I find that it is much more sensible than in Eclair and every little bit of light makes it brighten up the screen...

Is this a kernel or firmware thing?

Edited by mELIANTE

Hi there,

the localization is a funny thing. For several reasons, I had to set up my phone to german language. Google Navigation is one huge reason. German street names sound so funny in english. ;)

Some things are not localized ie. in settings and remain english, thats no problem at all. But in contacts, when Birthday is entered it stated not 'Geburtstag' as it should, instead danish or another scandinavian language I presume 'Fødselsdag'. Ok, it's quite funny, but still ...

I'd like to change that. But i can' figure out, where the files for localization are. I searched for Fødselsdag in the files, but come up empty.

Can anyone give me a hint or point to the localization file, please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by bhf

Guest suriya83

for me it looks like bluetooth uses too much battery!

someone else got this problem or knows a solution?

this was the same also with JJ8 and JJ9.

Otherwise like it veeeeery much!!!!

thanks

Guest harry_m
Same problem also here. Can't sign in to google with WiFi only.

Yep. I've noticed that as well.

If I remember correctly this has something to do with a "wrong" or "unknown" mac-address (of the wifi-interface).

Mmmh. It would be great if Paul could share his knowledge on how to solve this.

UPDATE: Wifi reconets but still sometimes a can not get IP and you have to turn off/on manually, I know it may be a problem of my network. So for me, Wifi with this rom it is pretty good but still not perfect.

About the wake up menu button, I know it is odd, but I can not find the reason why this is happening. It is not always possible but most of the time it works! It is not wifi related, and my battery is running normal, so I am not worried. Other perple has reported this with other mobiles roms, so maybe a zte bug or something like that. Any case the ideal default option should be to "wake up with menu button" because the power button of our loved ZTE blade is not going to last much ;)

I had the issue with the phone not sleeping last night and menu waking it up - after a reboot it was ok again so something was definitely causing the phone to not sleep properly.

The Wi-fi - seems to be the most frustrating issue - even with a static IP it wont always reconnect to my AP even from off - I switch on wifi and it either just says 'disconnected' under my AP or sticks registering the IP. I am having to to forget my AP then re-authenticate to get it working again.

Hello,

I really don't have those issues. It connects fine to my Wifi and sleeps properly.

Overnight, my Battery Usage states: phone standby 50% and cell standby 50%.

Cheers

Guest socialworker

I stated some days ago in this thread that coarse location wasn't very accurate.

Actually after some more testing I think the network-based location doesn't work at all.

What seems to work is positioning via known wifi-networks.

Can anyone confirm that?

What files are responsible, maybe one could use the files of another ROM?

Guest jamin100

I love this ROM very fast on the GF's white TFT san fran.

Only problem she seems to be having is the battery life. It seems pretty poor. Ite been on for 6 hours and already down to 40%

Wifi = off

3G = off (we get a poor 3G signal so i've set it to 2G only)

Bluetooth = off

GPS = off

She only has the following apps installed ontop of this ROM

Beautiful Widgets (weather updates every 4 hours)

Switch Pro Widget

Big Photo Frame widget

Launcher Pro (premium)

Any idea why her battery usage is so high? I'll have a look at the battery stats tonight when I get home. before this ROM she was on a blade villan rom (i think) and her battery would last about 2 - 3 days!

Thanks!

Guest Len Ash

Only problem she seems to be having is the battery life. It seems pretty poor. Ite been on for 6 hours and already down to 40%

Wifi = off

3G = off (we get a poor 3G signal so i've set it to 2G only)

Bluetooth = off

GPS = off

She only has the following apps installed ontop of this ROM

Beautiful Widgets (weather updates every 4 hours)

Switch Pro Widget

Big Photo Frame widget

Launcher Pro (premium)

Any idea why her battery usage is so high? I'll have a look at the battery stats tonight when I get home. before this ROM she was on a blade villan rom (i think) and her battery would last about 2 - 3 days!

Thanks!

There must be an app not sleeping or exiting. I have very good battery life with a mix of BT/Wifi/2G/3G and GPS always on and full autosync and background data... like 2-3 days. Autobrightness on. No app killers or anything for me ta!

Guest Ralph Martin

Only problem she seems to be having is the battery life. ...

Any idea why her battery usage is so high?

Well, if you are keeping tabs on her with Latitude ;) , I suggest you switch it off. I found that was sucking up a lot of battery on my phone.

The Wi-fi - seems to be the most frustrating issue - even with a static IP it wont always reconnect to my AP even from off - I switch on wifi and it either just says 'disconnected' under my AP or sticks registering the IP. I am having to to forget my AP then re-authenticate to get it working again.

Ok it seems I may have been wrong but it just gets stranger....

As soon as I switch on wifi the 3G icon drops but the wifi bar does not show - which made me think I was not connected - if I look at widgetsoid the wifi bar there says i have a signal and testing the connection I can browse fine. odd!

Then if I look in my wifi setting it lists my access point as 'remembered' but not 'connected' - hence me thinking I was unconnected. If I long press and hit connect the wifi bar suddenly appears at the top of the screen and it lists my AP as 'connected'

How weird is that!!

And now after letting it sleep and wake up - wifi connects but with no icon again and 'scanning' alongside my AP under my wifi setting

It seems I'm connecting fine but with quirky UI stuff

Edited by Fi5h

Guest jamin100
That was what I was going to say.

Perhaps you could use SpareParts ( is this the app?) and checkout what is not sleeping.

I also have very good batt-life.

Thanks for your replies, right had a look at the phone and I can't see anything too obvious.

I have installed spare parts and here's what I've noticed..

Time spent without sleeping 12 hours and 12 minutes - is that normal?

Application count usage time:

Gmail 1118978ms

Launcher pro 631465ms

The rest seem relativly low numbers compared to these two.

So does any of this jump out as odd??

Is there anything else I can check?

The phone was taken off charge at about 630 this morning and is now down to only 8% battery left.

She's sent about 4 emails through 2g and had a four minute phone call.

Any help is appreciated...

Cheers