[ROM] Honeycomb SDK Port 15.07.2011 [GEN2 only]

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

FeaturesChecks your Gen-version and always replaces it with a kernel compiled to work on your phone.Replaces libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with Gen1 or Gen2 Saunalahti versions.Has the touchscreen fix by leromarinvitUses this kernel source: https://github.com/k...ernel_zte_bladeAHB overclocking (Use cm7_universal_converter_ahb.zip if you know your phone can handle it)InstructionsInstall CM7 (but stay in Clockwork, do not try to reboot just yet)Install the CM7 universal converterReboot
and

Updated converter to the latest kernel.
CM7 converter md5: 229597afee468ad80a765577f4986b88

the current sdk port can be made gen1 with latest kernel using the above cm7 converter.

meanwhile, 3.2 has been released for the Motorola Xoom Wifi only model

a rooted update version of this for the Xoom Wifi is available here http://www.multiupload.com/MWL3MMO8O3

3.2 should be easier to convert than the hell Ippe H put themselves though trying to port 3.1, as it's designed for 7 inch tablets, though it will have no 3g data connection at all, so this is just to demonstrate what 3.2 looks like. as we know have a full kernel source we may have more luck with things working. Edited by hecatae

Guest k0zmic

gen2 posted,

new kernel and now gen2

now looking at what 3.2 can be ported in

Awesome, will try this out later.

And I stand corrected about the Ice Scream Sandwich versioning, logic fail from me there :).

BTW the Multiupload on the front page seems to link to A5?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest hecatae

I cannot get sound,but the rom seems much more stable than a5,and the browser is very fast

that is the beauty of the new kernel source.

Guest hecatae

The settings screen in portrait isn't huge enough to see the whole screen, that's why you can't see the settings. Going into landscape, selecting biggest font size in spare parts, and you can see the stuff.

been thinking of fixing the build.prop so the device can only display in landscape at start up

in other news the 3.2 sdk has been released, so there is a new system.img to look at

Edited by hecatae

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Good to see an update for this :P Will become even more interesting if 3.2 etc is ported.

Has the screen resolution been fixed in this? In alpha 5 it looked like there was bits missing off the edges O.o

Thanks again :P

Guest hecatae

well I've just been told touchscreen fixed and wifi being fixed.

Good to see an update for this :P Will become even more interesting if 3.2 etc is ported.

Has the screen resolution been fixed in this? In alpha 5 it looked like there was bits missing off the edges O.o

Thanks again :P

alpha 5? that was 4 months ago, have a look at alpha 6

Edited by hecatae

Guest hecatae

as mentioned on androidpolice, 3.2 brings:

The most noticeable changes to Honeycomb in this update include:

• Optimizations for a wider range of tablets
  • Compatibility zoom for fixed size apps, which provides a pixel-scaled alternative to the standard UI stretching for apps that are not designed to run on larger screen sizes
  • Media sync from SD cards, allowing users to load media directly from an SD card to applications which use them

Guest ThermalDroid

Whats with the red line around the screen everytime a process stops? I tried turning it of because I though it was a developer option but no luck?

Also if the screen freezes rotating it un-freezes it :)

Guest t0mm13b

Have tried it, its not really designed to run on a handset, as you get a better viewing when in landscape mode, nonetheless, it looks cool though. It is more orientated towards tablets. The lock screen, when unlocking, corrupts the home screen ....

Guest Ippe H

I have some bad news..

I got some errors with new SDK, SystemUI.apk crash if use lcd_density 120..

E/AndroidRuntime(  219): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime(  219): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service co

m.android.systemui.SystemUIService: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.android.sy

stemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView cannot be cast to com.android.systemui

.statusbar.tablet.TabletStatusBarView

So i make some tests with that new SDK (Android + Google APIs, API 13, revision 1) with emulator.. and notice it need 600dp width resolution to work on "honeycomb" mode without crash.

http://developer.and...ns_support.html

The new technique is based on the amount of space your layout needs (such as 600dp of width)

Here is test image for ZTE blade 3.2

http://www.multiupload.com/73IJW7BGEE

ec2c2177224e9a587e13d7241cf39a36

- It will boot, and SystemUI.apk FC..

- libsurfaceflinger.so offset 1AC90 byte 00 -> 02 (to flip screen)

- Touchscreen work.. (not perfect in landscape mode)

- Wifi drivers are loaded.. but some error in wpa_supplicant

Edited by Ippe H

Guest hecatae

Good job.....is the "sound (fixing atm)" still vaild?

sound fixing is still valid, on a plus point the lg p500 xda-devs have based their honeycomb port on the zte blade port, and they are currently looking at getting sound working. so hopefully as both are msm7227 cpus we can share hacks.

Guest fallenangel32

its not working for me....yes i ve installed but as you say "its a TEST image" touchscreen its just sucks....waiting for the next release.

great work,thanks