[ROM] Honeycomb SDK Port 15.07.2011 [GEN2 only]

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae
I made a little test port of the final API 11 image, may I use your kernel?

certainly, built it using the zte 2.6.32 github.

edit: just realised I can do porting using dsixda's kitchen advanced settings

threads on the basis of porting are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=815265

and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723319

and how to install kitchen is here http://theunlockr.com/2010/03/26/how-to-cr...up-the-kitchen/

Edited by hecatae

Guest ThrashMan

I don't think that's very fair until we've seen it in action. I'm not saying you're wrong but I support Jekle and look forward to testing his ROM. I'm all for variety :huh:

Its not me that made the ROM, hecatae and fonix232 are currently working on it, im just trying to get as many people as possible to look at the topic so the more people join in the better the ROM.

Guest fonix232

Well yea porting does not work very well, I don't like it personally. By hand it is a lot safer as you know what you've modified, etc. And, it will produce you a non-working kernel too (ZTE modifications aren't merged AFAIK).

BTW tried with your image.

My modifications:

- Added proprietary files

- Edited build.prop (added dalvik stuff, Blade specific things, rild and wlan config)

- Removed chinese and japanese input methods

- Added your kernel

As a base I've extracted the latest SDK image with dsixda's kitchen, and modified it.

Guest fonix232
Does it boot?

Boots, but won't get past greendroid. First try, initial USB connection, no ADBD connection. Second try, adbd connection, device name unknown (using DDMS), state offline, version unknown, immediate reboot into recovery.

Guest Azurren

What are the official system requirements for Honeycomb?

If they are 1ghz-dual core only then is it really worth putting in the effort to port it over?

Edited by Azurren

Guest JimJam707
What are the official system requirements for Honeycomb?

If they are 1ghz-dual core only then is it really worth putting in the effort to port it over?

I'm not 100% but I know that a screen bigger than 9 inches is needed.

:huh:

Guest hecatae

right made my new img, any chance you can share your changes fonix232?

my current boot.img will quite happily show the boot animation upside down. I think I've incorrectly rolled my boot image previously

Edited by hecatae

i've post a logcat of hecatae latest build I don't know how to get it into a text file.

It just stays on the android boot animation (upside down)

post-803331-1298538292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jekle

What is the problem trying to make honeycomb work, well it might be designed for tablets but theres nothing stopping it from working, and hecatae has already got it to boot but not getting past the android boot animation.

Guest Swimmerboy
Yeah i no but why has someone started honeycomb but cm7 isnt complete

I'd imagine cause they wanted to and it was a challenge that they thought would be fun (or at least worthwhile) to tackle.

Edited by Swimmerboy

Guest hecatae
i've post a logcat of hecatae latest build I don't know how to get it into a text file.

It just stays on the android boot animation (upside down)

thats the dnsproxy line, if I add it to init.rc it wont boot past green android, if I dont add it boots to android boot animation upside down, may have screwed up previously, if someone can uncompress the ramdisk add the line and recompress, it should boot

Edited by hecatae