[ROM] Honeycomb SDK Port 15.07.2011 [GEN2 only]

Guest hecatae

Guest HCDR.Jacob

I might be able to fix wifi on this. I did it with a gingerbread SDK port on my Wildfire. Different wifi chip, same idea. I'll take a look (:

Guest Ippe H
I might be able to fix wifi on this. I did it with a gingerbread SDK port on my Wildfire. Different wifi chip, same idea. I'll take a look (:

D/Tethering( 121): wlan0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring

D/dhcpcd ( 398): dhcpcd 4.0.15 starting

D/dhcpcd ( 398): hardware address = 00:26:34:3a:52:45

D/dhcpcd ( 398): executing `/system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-run-hooks', reason PREINIT

D/dhcpcd ( 398): waiting for carrier

D/dhcpcd ( 398): host does not support a monotonic clock - timing can skew

This is all i got.. but i give that job for you :huh:

Guest fonix232

Afaik only diff between the two is the module loading path (Buzz uses /lib/modules/bcm****.ko, while Blade uses /wifi/ar6000.ko plus config), and ofc the interface name.

Guest Ippe H

Honeycomb for ZTE Blade

- last CM7 kernel, thanks for hecatae to make that boot.img

Working:

RIL (data)

3D Acc

GPS

Sensors

Touchscreen

SD Card

Key layout

Screen right way up

Battery Status

ADB

Wi-Fi

Still need fix:

Sounds (fixing atm)

Camera

Bluetooth

Install with Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5 and wipe data & cache!!

Download

13f1d56042ad3cbcd491e46d53ad0418 *blade_3.0_05032011_a5.zip

Edited by Ippe H

Guest samjam
psst, honeycomb

Yeah, perhaps he's looking for a co-branding opportunity with Strong-bad: The new honeycomp, Strong-bad email on the move! Strong-bad can answer email while he's out with the cheat stealing the Kings of Town's sheep.

Is it at all usable on the blade?

no it isn't, he just wants to mess up everyones phone here

OF COURSE IT IS, WHY DO YOU THINK HE MADE ONE???

lolz

btw GREAT work Ippe H

sooner or later you'll get it all fixed and ready to go

Guest daniel2k10

really impressed! great work!!

It's pretty usable and the keyboard is the fastest I have ever seen in a blade rom!

Edited by daniel2k10

Guest css771

Awesome work here. Hope to see WiFi working soon. Now the Blade is among the few devices that have a semi-working honeycomb port. At this rate, have high hopes of seeing Ice Cream Sandwich on here :huh:

Awesome work here. Hope to see WiFi working soon. Now the Blade is among the few devices that have a semi-working honeycomb port. At this rate, have high hopes of seeing Ice Cream Sandwich on here :huh:

Ice Cream Sandwich is not due till mid 2011

calm down a bit! :)

Guest IronDoc
no it isn't, he just wants to mess up everyones phone here

OF COURSE IT IS, WHY DO YOU THINK HE MADE ONE???

lolz

btw GREAT work Ippe H

sooner or later you'll get it all fixed and ready to go

Lol it was a fair question. Honeycomb isn't exactly phone-optimised.

Guest jayhix

Im so impressed that this has been ported already, but for those willing to try, its really only for those interested in seeing what its like, the resolution is so high its hard to use, and many features dont work, but defo worth a bit of looking at and an amazing contrast from any previous android build! im shocked! congrats to the dev

Guest domenico lamberti

Wow, when i started this thread i didnt think in such a short time somethign would happen, well done to all you guys that made this possible, masssive thumbs up from me :huh:

Guest sanfran1

I tested it for a few minutes, it's cool. it Obivously needs more work for permanent use but so far it's promising.

As soon as it booted i got a force close on the launcher, but it seemed to work fine after that. Also the animation isn't as smooth as it should be, kinda like the animation with ADW Launcher on CM7.

tbh i don't think i'd use it even when it's fully functional as the text size is too small - my eye's started hurting after a few minutes and it's annoying keeping the phone so close to my face lol.

Good job though, it's a good rom so far.

i dont know much about honeycomb, but im guessing there is a way to force our zte resolution that would make the texts and icons a better more easy on the eye size?

still great work, thanks