GPS Navigation on the Vega

Guest trevor432990

Guest dibbles

FYI: I am upgraded to build 8 of 3.2 VegaComb and I have used...

https://market.android.com/details?id=googoo.android.btgps&feature=related_apps

from the market.

I start up my GSat standalone GPS unit and it will pair (but not connected) to my Vega. I will then start up (from the widget) the above application and then under status it will show the SATS lock and the graph bars change green.

Then I start up "Navigation" and it simply seems to work and thus find my location and work as a navigator.

I might play around a little more to see what I can do with iGo etc. But first signs are encouraging.

Guest trevor432990

FYI: I am upgraded to build 8 of 3.2 VegaComb and I have used...

https://market.android.com/details?id=googoo.android.btgps&feature=related_apps

from the market.

I start up my GSat standalone GPS unit and it will pair (but not connected) to my Vega. I will then start up (from the widget) the above application and then under status it will show the SATS lock and the graph bars change green.

Then I start up "Navigation" and it simply seems to work and thus find my location and work as a navigator.

I might play around a little more to see what I can do with iGo etc. But first signs are encouraging.

That's good news indeed for those of us who have taken the plunge and upgraded to VC 3.2 already. I personally am waiting for the full image of r8 before I upgrade but cannot wait to try out the GPS again. Keep us posted on your progress too. ;)

Guest pakomen

That's good news indeed for those of us who have taken the plunge and upgraded to VC 3.2 already. I personally am waiting for the full image of r8 before I upgrade but cannot wait to try out the GPS again. Keep us posted on your progress too. ;)

The app works well and managed to connect to the wayfinder or Holox BT321 which i have had for years, both are working a treat on 3.2 ver8.

Cheers

pako

Guest trevor432990

The app works well and managed to connect to the wayfinder or Holox BT321 which i have had for years, both are working a treat on 3.2 ver8.

Cheers

pako

Thanks for the update and reassurance ;)