Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest brucelee666

After a couple of days away from working on my 4.0.4 test rom, back to discuss sound skipping/stuttering issues I have and alos seen on Scanno's vegacream when I had a look at that.

OK now seems to be fixed, I compiled a newer version of the libtinyalsa.so source code for which can be found here (they updated code since I created my lib).

On my tests with youtube app/youtube browser/iplayer browser the sound glitches disappeared, I have attached my compiled lib for quick test place in vendor/lib giving correct owner/permissions then reboot hopefully you find it is better, seems to have removed the pcmbug you get in dmesg with previous version.

Will recompile with the newer version later but this should allow you to test or you can download and compile yourselves from above link, the original code is in your 4.0.4 source dir/external/tinyalsa to update with new version and compile as part of android build.

edit - download removed

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Scanno
After a couple of days away from working on my 4.0.4 test rom, back to discuss sound skipping/stuttering issues I have and alos seen on Scanno's vegacream when I had a look at that.

OK now seems to be fixed, I compiled a newer version of the libtinyalsa.so source code for which can be found here (they updated code since I created my lib).

On my tests with youtube app/youtube browser/iplayer browser the sound glitches disappeared, I have attached my compiled lib for quick test place in vendor/lib giving correct owner/permissions then reboot hopefully you find it is better, seems to have removed the pcmbug you get in dmesg with previous version.

Will recompile with the newer version later but this should allow you to test or you can download and compile yourselves from above link, the original code is in your 4.0.4 source dir/external/tinyalsa to update with new version and compile as part of android build.

Thanks, will have a go at it, once i updated the repo with the changes to build a "beta" version. I can also add the repo you linked to in the manifest and replace the original tinyalsa repo. When you do a repo sync, it should be included in the build then, for sure when you do a repo init ...

Guest brucelee666

Thanks, will have a go at it, once i updated the repo with the changes to build a "beta" version. I can also add the repo you linked to in the manifest and replace the original tinyalsa repo. When you do a repo sync, it should be included in the build then, for sure when you do a repo init ...

Just to add if you try to compile the new tinyalsa with Eduardos audio.primary.shuttle lib it will error, need to look at errors.

I only compiled the tinyalsa lib and tested that with an already built audio.primary.shuttle lib which seems to work fine.

edit - To clarify you can build libtinyalsa no problem, but if you try to build audio.primary.shuttle or do a full source build after updating the external/tinyalsa code it will fail. Need to amend code to fix errors.

edit2 - attached modified audio_hw.c search for my username in file to see amendments from original to get it to compile with new libtinyalsa - not tested yet but should be ok

edit3 - download removed

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Cass67

Guys,

Herebus a logcat -b radio from vegacream beta1 trying to get 3g working. Looks almost right, but i do not see any apn list, network scan fails, the dongle does not get an ip-adres.

http://db.tt/PkcL12Jz

Hi Scanno ..

Try changing the ttyUSB2 entry to ttyUSB1 as 2 does not exist .. thats the prominent error on your logcat ... worth a shot ... im working on this too now .. i was sent a dongle to try to fix this (thanks Richard)

I just have to add the gapps to mine as im getting provisioning errors right now ...

edit :- ohh just seen your beta .. ill use that one :)

edit2 :- ok progress .. i have the apn list and can search / select network and apn .. now i guess its just ppp to sort out in order to connect... something stupid i guess

edit3:- Ok im giving up for the night, i think we have bugs in android that need looked at .... we appear to be hitting this symptom

http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/cc43c87ec400b988

Meantime, to get to where i am, i notice Scanno the following in your rom, preventing apns list

1. /system/bin/rild has wrong permissions, change to 6755

2. pppd looks ok but ensure its same perms as above

3. Your missing libhuawei-ril.so, its not there .. i added it to /system/vendor/lib as i could not be assed re-doing the lib squash

4. i changed the rild entry in init.rc to be more generic ..

service ril-daemon /system/bin/rild

and modified the build.prop to reflect

rild.libpath=/vendor/lib/libhuawei-ril.so

rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyUSB1 -i ppp0

<note usb1 is used>

I also added /system/etc/init.gprs-pppd .. i pulled it from DerArtems github ... we are not really at this point yet as Android appears buggy right now ....

http://pastebin.com/cM3nPfUF

<note usb0 is used> i think we need the 2 channels for ppp, i could be mistaken though .. needs more test ...

Logcat of where im at and the GENERIC_FALURES we are seeing ... You'll note the APNS listing :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6167909/logcat-radio.txt

Ill look to the android patches above when i have some time tomorrow to see if we need them ...

Cass

Edited by Cass67

Guest Scanno

Hi Scanno ..

Try changing the ttyUSB2 entry to ttyUSB1 as 2 does not exist .. thats the prominent error on your logcat ... worth a shot ... im working on this too now .. i was sent a dongle to try to fix this (thanks Richard)

I just have to add the gapps to mine as im getting provisioning errors right now ...

edit :- ohh just seen your beta .. ill use that one :)

edit2 :- ok progress .. i have the apn list and can search / select network and apn .. now i guess its just ppp to sort out in order to connect... something stupid i guess

edit3:- Ok im giving up for the night, i think we have bugs in android that need looked at .... we appear to be hitting this symptom

http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/cc43c87ec400b988

Meantime, to get to where i am, i notice Scanno the following in your rom, preventing apns list

1. /system/bin/rild has wrong permissions, change to 6755

2. pppd looks ok but ensure its same perms as above

3. Your missing libhuawei-ril.so, its not there .. i added it to /system/vendor/lib as i could not be assed re-doing the lib squash

4. i changed the rild entry in init.rc to be more generic ..

service ril-daemon /system/bin/rild

and modified the build.prop to reflect

rild.libpath=/vendor/lib/libhuawei-ril.so

rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyUSB1 -i ppp0

<note usb1 is used>

I also added /system/etc/init.gprs-pppd .. i pulled it from DerArtems github ... we are not really at this point yet as Android appears buggy right now ....

http://pastebin.com/cM3nPfUF

<note usb0 is used> i think we need the 2 channels for ppp, i could be mistaken though .. needs more test ...

Logcat of where im at and the GENERIC_FALURES we are seeing ... You'll note the APNS listing :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6167909/logcat-radio.txt

Ill look to the android patches above when i have some time tomorrow to see if we need them ...

Cass

Thanks,

If i look at my dmesg i see that there is a ttyUSB2 assigned to my dongle. I will have a look at your changes. I thought that the libhuawei-generic for eduardo replaced the other lib. Guess i was wrong.

Today i got a year older, so will be celebrating that :-))

Regards,

Scanno

Guest MikhailM

Regards,

Scanno

Happy Birthday, Scanno! Have a good time today. We all appreciate what you, BruceLee666, Cass and others are doing.

Guest brucelee666

Scanno,

First happy birthday hope you have a good day.

Removed my download links above and added to this post, this new download has the modified audio_hw.c that goes in device/audio and replaces original - and pre-compiled audio.primary.shuttle.so to go in lib/hw and libtinyalsa.so to go in lib folder.

As I previously said get code from above libtinyalsa and replace the code in external/tinyalsa with this and with the modified audio.hw.c everything will compile as before (tested and compile worked fine and libs work without error).

As before for quick test (or anyone else who wants to try) place above *.shuttle.so in vendor/lib/hw and libtinyalsa.so in vendor/lib correct permissions/owner/reboot saves resquash.

audio_upd_6may.zip

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Cass67

Thanks,

If i look at my dmesg i see that there is a ttyUSB2 assigned to my dongle. I will have a look at your changes. I thought that the libhuawei-generic for eduardo replaced the other lib. Guess i was wrong.

Regards,

Scanno

Happy Birthday mate .. all the best..

Also seems the generic should replace the other ril lib but it appears not to work ...

edit :- yeah im missing something here .. with the generic lib i should be seeing more than i currently am ... it ril hangs up ... we should be seeing apns with this looking back to previous posts ... grr ... also i never see ttyUSB2 .. could be due to me using a usb key and not an internal .. hmm

edit2: - ok cool, now i see ttyUSB2, had to send an AT command to disable the cdrom emulator that seems to be switched on by default with my device ..

echo "AT^U2DIAG=0" > /dev/ttyUSB1

now i get USB2 for data and USB1 for voice ... still no apn list yet with the generic ...

edit3 :- meh .. spent too long tonight modifying the lib .. seems to hang for me somewhere in the code for

GET_IMEISV

funny thing is when stepping through the AT commands they all seem to respond .. not sure we dont have a timing issue here ... adding loops to each AT section is time consuming .. bleurgh! Im sure Eduardo could knock this out quickly if he was not too busy with other stuff.. ;)

Edited by Cass67

Guest JHAres

Hi Scanno... just to say Happy Birthday....!!!

I'm following your work and the other from the Masters... hope you had a great day....!!!

Kind regards,

Javier.

Guest brucelee666

When I posted te powermenu fix it had an updated "overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml" file compared to the one in the git device setup.

Now I don't know if Scanno used this complete setup in his beta1 build but I noticed I stupidly forgot to update the "networkattributes" entry, now this may not be related to 3g working not working but if it does my apologies.

Have attached an updated powermenu zip with this config.xml fixed and removed previous zip.

icsPowerMenuUpd7may.zip

Guest Scanno
When I posted te powermenu fix it had an updated "overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml" file compared to the one in the git device setup.

Now I don't know if Scanno used this complete setup in his beta1 build but I noticed I stupidly forgot to update the "networkattributes" entry, now this may not be related to 3g working not working but if it does my apologies.

Have attached an updated powermenu zip with this config.xml fixed and removed previous zip.

The overlay i put on github is the one that is present in my beta1. Tomorrow i have some time again and wil try to put all the new stuff inside my build and also on github as soon as i have that working.

Regards,

Scanno

Guest brucelee666

The overlay i put on github is the one that is present in my beta1. Tomorrow i have some time again and wil try to put all the new stuff inside my build and also on github as soon as i have that working.

Regards,

Scanno

Scanno - You will need to take the config.xml from the new zip and update your build and the git, the other files in the zip are same as before.

And in the same core/res/res folder I removed the drawable-nodpi folder as this caused issues when setting up rom for the first time, with this in wallpaper does not display until you reboot, once folder removed build displays wallpaper without need to reboot.

Has anyone tried the libhuawei*.so from derartems build here, looking at his git he has 2 libhuawei*.so gits one that looks like an older version of what Eduardo updated that we have built in our device setup (deratem has his described as not working but this does not have the extra work by Eduardo) and an older one which is probably what he has in his rom.

He says 3g dongles are working on his rom so maybe worth trying his lib ? (if you have not already done so)

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Cass67

Scanno - You will need to take the config.xml from the new zip and update your build and the git, the other files in the zip are same as before.

And in the same core/res/res folder I removed the drawable-nodpi folder as this caused issues when setting up rom for the first time, with this in wallpaper does not display until you reboot, once folder removed build displays wallpaper without need to reboot.

Has anyone tried the libhuawei*.so from derartems build here, looking at his git he has 2 libhuawei*.so gits one that looks like an older version of what Eduardo updated that we have built in our device setup (deratem has his described as not working but this does not have the extra work by Eduardo) and an older one which is probably what he has in his rom.

He says 3g dongles are working on his rom so maybe worth trying his lib ? (if you have not already done so)

Yes already tried derartems.. fails on the same place for me.. code comparing now but on initial pass for our purposes its much the same .. I've stole some code from it to no avail... Concentrating on peppering our code with logi to see where we fail.. but I suspect android as where I fail is rilj. Not got far yet....

Edit; might be worthwhile one of you trying derartems lib as reading on one of the forum threads for a rom it fails with the e220 which I have others work fine... Could be something funny with that modem..

Edited by Cass67

Guest brucelee666

Yes already tried derartems.. fails on the same place for me.. code comparing now but on initial pass for our purposes its much the same .. I've stole some code from it to no avail... Concentrating on peppering our code with logi to see where we fail.. but I suspect android as where I fail is rilj. Not got far yet....

Edit; might be worthwhile one of you trying derartems lib as reading on one of the forum threads for a rom it fails with the e220 which I have others work fine... Could be something funny with that modem..

Cass,

As its the e220 you have maybe want to try the lib from this rom (megatron transformer ics 4.0.4 cm9 based), see the 3g usb dongle part of his post he has tested the Huawei e220 as working with this rom.

Guest Scanno

I have a huawei e153 and did not manage to make it work yet... I am starting a 2 day course right now from my job, so cannot have a look right now. I have released a test build of vegacream beta2 wich has the latest tinyalsa lib from github.com/tinyalsa/tinyalsa and the modification from brucelee666. Feedback is positive.

Tried the setrecovery.c from the cm7 vega device setup, but does not seem to have any effect on the reboot into recovery option in the powermenu.

I have added the patched frameworks/base to the vegaics github as a new project. Have to adjust the repo manifest to include that frameworks project instead of the aosp one.

Locally i have added the busybox sources from cm9 to /external and that compiles good and adds busybox to xbin and creates the symlinks.

Regards,

Scanno

Guest a_appleby

I am looking for the current source tree of ICS for the Vega as I intend to build it and lend a hand.

What's the right repo from github to build from? How is it supposed to be built?

Guest Scanno
I am looking for the current source tree of ICS for the Vega as I intend to build it and lend a hand.

What's the right repo from github to build from? How is it supposed to be built?

If you want to build, do a repo init with github.com/vegaics/android.git. In vegaics/android.git is the manifest that containts all the projects that need to be downloaded to build android for the vega. repo uses the manifest to download everything.

Guest xathras

I thoght some of you might be interested to see this little gem. It's the world's smallest device capable of running Android (ICS) or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). I've got a pocket pico projector with an HDMI input and a USB battery pack which should work well with this. It's going to be this year's birthday present to myself! :D :D :D

Cotton Candy

post-797214-0-17873500-1336827563_thumb.

Technical Specifications

post-797214-0-68740300-1336827611_thumb.

http://www.fxitech.com/products/

http://blog.laptopma...-cream-sandwich

http://www.engadget....y-at-mwc-video/

Edited by xathras

Guest Cass67

Cass,

As its the e220 you have maybe want to try the lib from this rom (megatron transformer ics 4.0.4 cm9 based), see the 3g usb dongle part of his post he has tested the Huawei e220 as working with this rom.

Nice work mate .. first chance i've had to look at this and indeed this one works with the E220, connects to network and signal bar lights up as it should ;)

Just have to find the right method to make ppp play nice with it....

Cheers

Cass

Guest brucelee666

Cass,

Glad it helped things move along on the 3g front.

Scanno - others building roms,

Noticed a couple of days ago that 4.0.4_r1.2 was pushed to git a couple of weeks back (see git), will leave it to you to decide if you want to download and update the manifest on our github for your next release.

What I can say after downloading/compiling/testing that it will compile with the current device setup we have (power menu, libtinyalsa, etc fixes) and works same as 4.0.4_r1.1 source used in current build.

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Scanno

Nice work mate .. first chance i've had to look at this and indeed this one works with the E220, connects to network and signal bar lights up as it should ;)

Just have to find the right method to make ppp play nice with it....

Cheers

Cass

I have got 3G working and have a data connection it seems (wifi disabled and entering Google Play). Works with that lib from the rom brucelee mentioned. From the same git took the scripts also and seems to work. Will post the rom within the next few days. Works with my e153.

Guest Scanno

@All,

I have updated the repo with my changes to get 3G working using the ril and scripts from the megatron transformer ics 4.0.4 cm9 based rom. As you can see in the VegaCream threads it is working.

You still need to chgange the ramdisk to make the ril entry generic like Cass wrote...

So the ril entry in init.rc should be service ril-daemon /system/bin/rild

The build.prop file is adjusted in the repo.

Regards,

Scanno

Guest Cass67
@All,

I have updated the repo with my changes to get 3G working using the ril and scripts from the megatron transformer ics 4.0.4 cm9 based rom. As you can see in the VegaCream threads it is working.

You still need to chgange the ramdisk to make the ril entry generic like Cass wrote...

So the ril entry in init.rc should be service ril-daemon /system/bin/rild

The build.prop file is adjusted in the repo.

Regards,

Scanno

Nice work mate.. I had issues last I looked getting ppp to work using those scripts, kept getting device in use errors.. weird.. work has been hectic so no chance to go back to fix it.. glad you did..

Cheers

Cass

Guest brucelee666

Scanno,

Saw the post on tabletroms about systemui error when setting notifications to "off", had a look and this seems to be caused by these lines, In the device.mk file-

# uses mdpi artwork where available

PRODUCT_AAPT_CONFIG := normal mdpi

PRODUCT_AAPT_PREF_CONFIG := mdpi

PRODUCT_LOCALES += mdpi

Had the same error so removed these lines and rebuilt code and can now set notifications to "off", will increase app and framework-res size but adds the missing resource that seemed to cause the systemui error.

Edited by brucelee666