Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Scanno

Just to let you know that I have been trying to build afresh from make clean for sometime now. It seems that the last repo sync has introduced some build errors and notice that the toolchain has been updated to arm-linux-androideabi-4.6 - is it due to that?! Working on it, eager to test since so close to target.

If yo do a repo sync, the aosp sources will not be updated because once the are tagged, they will not change. There is a newer build out, but I have not changed the manifest to download that. The 4.6 has been there from the start, but if you check you will see that the tool chain that you build with is still 4.4.3.

There is no use to do a repo sync until I change something in the manifest, update the device target or change something else in one of the repo's that are on my github and are included in the manifest. In fact if you repo sync, you might loose the changes you made yourself.

Edited by Scanno

Guest univall

I am sure we are extremely close to make the ril work... :) ... I would really like to make voice calls work :)

Finally, after 'make clobber' & build --

1) ril-22082012-v3.txt is with yesterday's huawei-generic. Still no 3g data.

2) ril-23082012-v1.txt is first boot to shutdown on the build with the latest RIL provided. No 3g data. I have added another log (ril-23082012-v2.txt) with the same build on second boot after all configuration on mobile data were checked on first boot - it might reveal some more information.

ril-22082012-v3.txt

ril-23082012-v1.txt

ril-23082012-v2.txt

Guest univall

If yo do a repo sync, the aosp sources will not be updated because once the are tagged, they will not change. There is a newer build out, but I have not changed the manifest to download that. The 4.6 has been there from the start, but if you check you will see that the tool chain that you build with is still 4.4.3.

There is no use to do a repo sync until I change something in the manifest, update the device target or change something else in one of the repo's that are on my github and are included in the manifest. In fact if you repo sync, you might loose the changes you made yourself.

Thanks. It must've been a failed build upsetting some linked libraries that caused the errors. A 'make clobber' and build/amke corrected that.

However, I do see when I repo sync that (1) some files within the aosp release are updated from time to time and (2) my changes have remained untouched.

I was trying to figure out how to completely revert back to the first repo sync from your github. This is since I had not created my own branch and had not added the files to git before I started making changes and although I have what I have done written down, I want to start afresh from the first sync. Any ideas, how to achieve that other than re-syncing the whole repo. TIA.

Guest ejtagle

Finally, after 'make clobber' & build --

1) ril-22082012-v3.txt is with yesterday's huawei-generic. Still no 3g data.

2) ril-23082012-v1.txt is first boot to shutdown on the build with the latest RIL provided. No 3g data. I have added another log (ril-23082012-v2.txt) with the same build on second boot after all configuration on mobile data were checked on first boot - it might reveal some more information.

I see

D/RIL ( 106): Trying to setup PPP connnection...

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: opening modem /dev/ttyUSB0

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: writing command: AT+CGDATA="PPP",1

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: waiting for response

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: got answer : 'OK'

D/RIL ( 106): Starting pppd w/command line: '/system/bin/pppd /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 mru 1280 linkname ril1 noauth nodetach debug defaultroute usepeerdns connect-delay 5000 novj novjccomp noipdefault ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-remote dump lcp-echo-failure 0 lcp-echo-interval 0 ipcp-max-configure 30 ipcp-max-failure 30 ipcp-max-terminate 10'

D/RIL ( 106): Waiting until net ifc ppp0 is up

E/RIL ( 106): Net ifc ppp0 was never upped!

E/RIL ( 106): Unable to setup PDP

So, modem connects , then pppd daemon is launched to negotiate a ppp link... And then, after some time, the ppp daemon failed to negotiate a ppp link... The pppd daemon logs in logcat, but the main channel, not the radio channel, i don't know the exact cause of the failure... Maybe it could be just an option of the ppp ...

Instead of recompiling the whole rom, i'd suggest to create a symlink from /system/lib/lubhuaweigeneril-ril.so to some other place outside of the squashfs .. for example, /system/etc/gsm, and store the compiled library there. That would make much easier to replace just the library to try a new one, instead of recompiling and reflashing everything ... That is what Cass did when we were testing the wifi driver options ;)

Please, post both logcat -b radio and plain logcat ... There must be something very silly missing, perhaps the ip.up script ... As everything seems to be working, except the pppd daemon ...

Guest univall

I see

D/RIL ( 106): Trying to setup PPP connnection...

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: opening modem /dev/ttyUSB0

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: writing command: AT+CGDATA="PPP",1

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: waiting for response

D/RIL ( 106): dial_at_modem: got answer : 'OK'

D/RIL ( 106): Starting pppd w/command line: '/system/bin/pppd /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 mru 1280 linkname ril1 noauth nodetach debug defaultroute usepeerdns connect-delay 5000 novj novjccomp noipdefault ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-remote dump lcp-echo-failure 0 lcp-echo-interval 0 ipcp-max-configure 30 ipcp-max-failure 30 ipcp-max-terminate 10'

D/RIL ( 106): Waiting until net ifc ppp0 is up

E/RIL ( 106): Net ifc ppp0 was never upped!

E/RIL ( 106): Unable to setup PDP

So, modem connects , then pppd daemon is launched to negotiate a ppp link... And then, after some time, the ppp daemon failed to negotiate a ppp link... The pppd daemon logs in logcat, but the main channel, not the radio channel, i don't know the exact cause of the failure... Maybe it could be just an option of the ppp ...

Instead of recompiling the whole rom, i'd suggest to create a symlink from /system/lib/lubhuaweigeneril-ril.so to some other place outside of the squashfs .. for example, /system/etc/gsm, and store the compiled library there. That would make much easier to replace just the library to try a new one, instead of recompiling and reflashing everything ... That is what Cass did when we were testing the wifi driver options ;)

Please, post both logcat -b radio and plain logcat ... There must be something very silly missing, perhaps the ip.up script ... As everything seems to be working, except the pppd daemon ...

Thanks for the tip. Please see 2 logs attached - full and radio. These are for the huawei-generic-23aug version.

full-log-23082012.txt

radio-log-23082012.txt

Guest ejtagle

Thanks for the tip. Please see 2 logs attached - full and radio. These are for the huawei-generic-23aug version.

I/pppd ( 1109): pppd options in effect:

I/pppd ( 1109): debug # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): nodetach # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): linkname ril1 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): connect-delay 5000 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): dump # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): noauth # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): /dev/ttyUSB0 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): 115200 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): mru 1280 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): lcp-echo-failure 0 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): lcp-echo-interval 0 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): novj # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): novjccomp # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): ipcp-accept-local # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): ipcp-accept-remote # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): noipdefault # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): ipcp-max-terminate 10 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): ipcp-max-configure 30 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): ipcp-max-failure 30 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): defaultroute # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1109): usepeerdns # (from command line)

D/pppd ( 1109): using channel 3

I/pppd ( 1109): Using interface ppp0

I/pppd ( 1109): Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyUSB0

W/pppd ( 1109): Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access

D/pppd ( 1109): sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1280> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x4d48670> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1109): rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x0 <asyncmap 0x0> <auth chap MD5> <magic 0xf67564> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1109): No auth is possible

D/pppd ( 1109): sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x0 <auth chap MD5>]

D/pppd ( 1109): rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <mru 1280> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x4d48670> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1109): rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xf67564> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1109): sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xf67564> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1109): sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]

D/pppd ( 1109): sent [iPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>]

D/pppd ( 1109): rcvd [LCP DiscReq id=0x2 magic=0xf67564]

D/pppd ( 1109): rcvd [LCP ProtRej id=0x3 80 fd 01 01 00 0f 1a 04 78 00 18 04 78 00 15 03 2f]

I/pppd ( 1109): Modem hangup

I/pppd ( 1109): Connection terminated.

Analysis of the pppd log ...

Blue: Your ISP provider is asking for authentication... But, we have instructed the pppd with the noauth command line option not to accept it .. So, we send back a ConfRej (Configuration reject)... Then a few moments later, the ISP is asking for a disconnection. (DiscReq = Disconnection request)

Try to set a user and password ... Check if the username in your secrets file (pap-secrets or chap-secrets) is not exactly the same as the username you provided to android. Compare them carefully - a single mistyped character is enough to cause this error...

Guest univall

Analysis of the pppd log ...

Blue: Your ISP provider is asking for authentication... But, we have instructed the pppd with the noauth command line option not to accept it .. So, we send back a ConfRej (Configuration reject)... Then a few moments later, the ISP is asking for a disconnection. (DiscReq = Disconnection request)

Try to set a user and password ... Check if the username in your secrets file (pap-secrets or chap-secrets) is not exactly the same as the username you provided to android. Compare them carefully - a single mistyped character is enough to cause this error...

This has never happened earlier with any of the ROMs (Vegacream, Viewcomb). Indeed, there is no user / password that has assigned by the one ISP (Airtel).

Also, have never had the need to use user/passwd with another ISP (MTNL) with the other roms, but the ISP has provided a user/passwd in APN settings that could be used. I am using those settings from the ISP-MTNL to send you another set of logs (attached).

full-log-23082012-with-user-pass.txt

radio-log-23082012-with-user-pass.txt

Edited by univall

Guest ejtagle

This has never happened earlier with any of the ROMs (Vegacream, Viewcomb). Indeed, there is no user / password that has assigned by the one ISP (Airtel).

Also, have never had the need to use user/passwd with another ISP (MTNL) with the other roms, but the ISP has provided a user/passwd in APN settings that could be used. I am using those settings from the ISP-MTNL to send you another set of logs (attached).

And, i see Android is not passing that username/password to the pppd daemon... :( .. Let's try to force a user and a password to something if not explicitly passed... ;)

edit1: I think i've found the problem :) ... An small bug was preventing the RIL to send the password and user to the pppd. Fixed. Hope this time we will get it working :D

huawei-generic-23aug-v2.rar

Edited by ejtagle

Guest univall

And, i see Android is not passing that username/password to the pppd daemon... :( .. Let's try to force a user and a password to something if not explicitly passed... ;)

edit1: I think i've found the problem :) ... An small bug was preventing the RIL to send the password and user to the pppd. Fixed. Hope this time we will get it working :D

Great! Will revert soon ... few minutes!!!

Guest Cass67

Evening chaps .. Beta1 is the latest release of Jelly for the Vega? or is it worth my while pulling the source and compiling to get newer fixes ?

Cheers

Cass

Guest ejtagle

No 3g data still. Please see radio log attached.

Could you post the normal logcat also ? ... Everything looks great (except the ppp0 interface was never upped)... :S

Guest ejtagle

Evening chaps .. Beta1 is the latest release of Jelly for the Vega? or is it worth my while pulling the source and compiling to get newer fixes ?

Cheers

Cass

The latest beta is not the latest JB release... ;) ... The next one will be :)

Guest Cass67

The latest beta is not the latest JB release... ;) ... The next one will be :)

Glad to hear it :) give me some time to aquire a usb cable to fix the mess i left myself in using beta1, stuck on reboot of death after changing dpi to 160 and no cable to wipe the cache partition to fix .. hey maybe an idea to add that to the reboot script, save the black screen issue for everyone .. good work btw .. it looked and felt real good for the time i was playing with it..

Guest Scanno

Cheers

Cass

It is not the latest JB. I have pulled r4, but need to do a compare to see if there are changes in the patched repo's. If so I have to patch them first. So beta 3 will be JRO03L.

Guest richardmlea

Hi all,

I finally have finally got laptop with a simcard socket so I can manually update the firmware on an factory EM770w and check that voice is enabled. The firmware on the modem was 11.126.10.81.00, DC unlocker reports it as voice disabled but when using a voice enabled version of huawei mobile partner voice works. :) The next one I checked reports the same firmware and voice enabled. Searching dc-unlockers forum confirms that voice is sometimes reported incorrectly by dc-unlocker.

So I can confirm that 11.126.10.81.00 firmware is voice enabled and factory modems (shuttle) should be voice enabled.

I will check a couple more that I have to confirm that they are on the same or later firmware and voice works on the laptop but we look good.

I cant find a download link for any later firmware, DC-unlocker want 4 euros for the 11.126.10.95.00 firmware <_< I was tempted to try it for a punt but as voice works on there's no point.

Guest univall

Hi all,

I finally have finally got laptop with a simcard socket so I can manually update the firmware on an factory EM770w and check that voice is enabled. The firmware on the modem was 11.126.10.81.00, DC unlocker reports it as voice disabled but when using a voice enabled version of huawei mobile partner voice works. :) The next one I checked reports the same firmware and voice enabled. Searching dc-unlockers forum confirms that voice is sometimes reported incorrectly by dc-unlocker.

So I can confirm that 11.126.10.81.00 firmware is voice enabled and factory modems (shuttle) should be voice enabled.

I will check a couple more that I have to confirm that they are on the same or later firmware and voice works on the laptop but we look good.

I cant find a download link for any later firmware, DC-unlocker want 4 euros for the 11.126.10.95.00 firmware <_< I was tempted to try it for a punt but as voice works on there's no point.

Any method that you know of to update its firmware while the modem is in the tablet (from android or from linux through usb or windows through usb)?

Guest richardmlea

Any method that you know of to update its firmware while the modem is in the tablet (from android or from linux through usb or windows through usb)?

Not that I can see, updates are for windows and mac only :(

Guest univall

Not that I can see, updates are for windows and mac only :(

Not too difficult to find a windows machine. :-)

Is there no way to update the firmware on the modem without dismantling the tablet? Is dismantling and removing the modem and then connecting it to a windows machine to do the update easy?

Guest richardmlea

Yes it simple but finding a windows machine with a sim socket is a pain. Without the sim socket the modem wont power on at boot so is not detected by window's, A lot of small laptops have sim sockets and a spare pcie socket for 3g cards, that's what you need if you are going to do it. I had to buy an old broken dell D430 laptop to try this, I will sell it on (at a small profit) now I have repaired it and used it for this.

What firmware do you have? is it earlier than the one's I have?

Edited by richardmlea

Guest univall

Yes it simple but finding a windows machine with a sim socket is a pain. Without the sim socket the modem wont power on at boot so is not detected by window's, A lot of small laptops have sim sockets and a spare pcie socket for 3g cards, that's what you need if you are going to do it. I had to buy an old broken dell D430 laptop to try this, I will sell it on (at a small profit) now I have repaired it and used it for this.

What firmware do you have? is it earlier than the one's I have?

This version - 11.126.10.85.00

Guest univall

It is not the latest JB. I have pulled r4, but need to do a compare to see if there are changes in the patched repo's. If so I have to patch them first. So beta 3 will be JRO03L.

Great! Please let us know when you think we should be ready to sync to the latest.

Edited by univall

Guest ejtagle

Here it is.

There are no errors , except that the pppd daemon is not getting a response from the network provider :S ... I slightly changed the timings, and rverted the connection method to the one we were using in the huawei ril as we got it from the androidx86 project (only the connection procedure, as all the other methods work way better on our version...) ...

Hope this time it works as expected :)

huawei-generic-24aug.rar