Looking into the governor thing...

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_INTERACTIVE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=y

P

I also have installed on 1.06.5 + MCR (with Performance Pack), and am getting the artifacts. I can see them on Dolphin HD Browser, when the text scrolls on the page tab. Has anyone managed to get rid of them with any combination of rom ( ie 1.06.5 or 1.08) and Paul's add on pack and/or performance pack?. Does a fresh install help?

Is this worth it for the battery life? Is the battery life any better, some are reporting worse on R2?

Got mine running 1.08 with the new kernel and r6 additions etc. QUADRANT OF 2352, but does seem a little laggy. Battery % will be the teller... will report that back tomorrow.

What did the night do for your battery life Sheanie?

Guest carl rose
I also have installed on 1.06.5 + MCR (with Performance Pack), and am getting the artifacts. I can see them on Dolphin HD Browser, when the text scrolls on the page tab. Has anyone managed to get rid of them with any combination of rom ( ie 1.06.5 or 1.08) and Paul's add on pack and/or performance pack?. Does a fresh install help?

Is this worth it for the battery life? Is the battery life any better, some are reporting worse on R2?

What did the night do for your battery life Sheanie?

Just a quick question. I qould I flash just the kernel that came with 1.08 update? I don't know if this has been covered, I couldn't find it anywhere, would like to run some tests overnight with the stock 1.08 and the R2 to see what takes more battery in standby. I have a feeling that the R2 does not drain as much but I can be wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

On another issue, went to Maplins and bought a switching power supply to have as spare. Screen sensitivity with it plugged in has been restored to some sort of normality. Nothing compared with the one that came with the vega. Now just need to swap the faulty one with Advent vega!

Just a quick question. I qould I flash just the kernel that came with 1.08 update? I don't know if this has been covered, I couldn't find it anywhere, would like to run some tests overnight with the stock 1.08 and the R2 to see what takes more battery in standby. I have a feeling that the R2 does not drain as much but I can be wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

On another issue, went to Maplins and bought a switching power supply to have as spare. Screen sensitivity with it plugged in has been restored to some sort of normality. Nothing compared with the one that came with the vega. Now just need to swap the faulty one with Advent vega!

Have you got a link for the power supply you got from maplins, so we know which ones work please ?

I bought one off ebay but it was worse than the original,I couldn't even join 2 dots on the unlock screen it was that bad! I sent it back and the Guy sent me a full refund though, he was really a nice guy, said before I purchased that if it didn't work he would refund

DO NOT BUY THIS ONE! Very bad screen response whilst on charge!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

DO NOT BUY THIS ONE!

To all those quoting worse battery life with MCK r2 - how sure are you really? I have found that the battery level gauge is pretty unreliable - eg. see my post at the bottom of this thread here.

To all those quoting worse battery life with MCK r2 - how sure are you really? I have found that the battery level gauge is pretty unreliable - eg. see my post at the bottom of this thread here.

Fairly sure, again, it's unscientific but it powered itself off after less usage / standby than it did before I flashed the new kernel.

Fairly sure, again, it's unscientific but it powered itself off after less usage / standby than it did before I flashed the new kernel.

OK cheers - fair 'nuff then!

Guest amarko5
Thank you. Think I need to leave things be until I know what I'm doing! Thanks again

it's times like these when a persons location in their profile would help others to see if they are local enough, then a possible meet at a cafe or mc donalds or some such place to load up the software for you. i for one would not be averse to helping others to boost their vega's to a usable state.

I am in Carlisle Cumbria UK if thats any help to anyone ;)

Guest warriorscot

Ditto, not long after sticking it on I actually ran the battery flat in normal use for the first time ever. Since then I wouldn't say its a huge difference but it is there maybe drawing 1 or 2% more power in and hour. Doesn't sound like much but after 5 or 6 hours it adds up.

Guest fudgeboy

Now this is interesting. I don't know what the connection is, but I had similar problems with my HTC Desire: one of the chargers I had made the screen totally unresponsive whilst charging, whereas other some other chargers are fine.

I don't know for certain, but my guess is that the Desire/Vega are happy to suck up quite a lot of charging power if it's available, and there comes a point where the current going through the charging mechanism interferes with the touchscreen. If that's correct, then the responsiveness will be better with a charger that provides a lower current.

A further complication is that the current specified on the charger might be lower than it's really willing to provide. I could believe that you could find two chargers, one rated 1A and one rated 800mA, and the 800mA one provide more current in practice. The only way to know for sure would be to put an ammeter in between the charger and the Vega. (Measuring charge times from flat might also give a clue: I'd expect ones that take longer to charge to be more responsive during charging.)

Guest simonta
Now this is interesting. I don't know what the connection is, but I had similar problems with my HTC Desire: one of the chargers I had made the screen totally unresponsive whilst charging, whereas other some other chargers are fine.

I don't know for certain, but my guess is that the Desire/Vega are happy to suck up quite a lot of charging power if it's available, and there comes a point where the current going through the charging mechanism interferes with the touchscreen. If that's correct, then the responsiveness will be better with a charger that provides a lower current.

A further complication is that the current specified on the charger might be lower than it's really willing to provide. I could believe that you could find two chargers, one rated 1A and one rated 800mA, and the 800mA one provide more current in practice. The only way to know for sure would be to put an ammeter in between the charger and the Vega. (Measuring charge times from flat might also give a clue: I'd expect ones that take longer to charge to be more responsive during charging.)

??????

The device will take whatever current the device will take. If the charger can't supply that much, then spitzen und sparken somewhere. If you add a charger with a lower rated throughput (lower than the demand from the Vega), you risk frying it. Using a charger that is rated at 800mills but can provide more will make no difference whatsoever to the current the Vega demands. Ohms law and inductance are not just suggestions!

Of course, the Vega won't pull 800mills, even under full load, 20% safety is the normal baseline so I'd guess somewhere around 650mills would be the designed maximum load. Unless you're using switched mode supplies, the supply gets no say in "how much it's willing to provide". As a theoretical example (don't try this at home kids) short out the connector on the Vega supply and see how much current it supplies - at least for a few milliseconds ;)

This has been covered at length in other threads here. Conclusion so far is that it's RFI causing the problem borne out by several users with better quality supplies.

Out of interest, could anyone with problems confirm or deny that they have a choke (the lump at the end) on their charging cable?

Guest gingercat

I think you'll find this is nothing to do with current supplied and more to do with exactly the same problem the vega has, namely the switching adapter effectively resulting in the case of the phone itself having non-zero voltage (for want of a better description), with a capacitative touch screen, this will have an effect on its sensitivity/accuracy etc.

Guest HunteronX
r2 refresh online. ONLY changes are a ramdisk tweak to no longer mount /misc (BSOD fix?) and slave / host mode is now indicated in settings->about.

P

Nice work Paul - I'm also going to install clockwork mod now, and for the last time, hopefully...

Thanks for all your hard work! ;)

Guest carl rose
Have you got a link for the power supply you got from maplins, so we know which ones work please ?

I bought one off ebay but it was worse than the original,I couldn't even join 2 dots on the unlock screen it was that bad! I sent it back and the Guy sent me a full refund though, he was really a nice guy, said before I purchased that if it didn't work he would refund

I cannot find it on the website, not even by the brand. I will give you the details though, it's a masterplug ac/dc mains adapter with 7 output jacks, output polarity reversible, 1200mA max output. DC output 3v, 4.5v, 5v, 6v, 9v, 12v. The brand on the label on the bottom of the power supply says; Masterplug model: MVA 1200. I found a link on ebay to one that is exactly the same, the box is different as mine is green, DO NOT BID the missing plug on the one in the listing is the plug for the vega.

Hope that helps you