32bit Gallery3D Mod (Alpha)

Guest SilentMobius

Guest Sir Gash
Ultimately what I was it a top right switch (like the grid/cluster switch) that filters video only/pictures only and then have the video cluster according to show/series metadata and display the episode name below the thumbnail. I'm getting there slowly but would anyone else be interested in that?

That sounds cool, not sure how it would handle getting thumbnails, especially for videos with codecs the hardware decoder cannot decode.

Would it be possible to change the aspect ratio of the wallpaper crop tool? For example, I have several wallpapers that are mostly 16:9 or 16:10 and as I only use landscape mode, I just want them to fit the screen. Is this controlled by the gallery app, the launcher or something deep inside Android?

Cheers!

Guest tarling
Agreed! Works great, the new version also fixes a bug I had with the first version where I would get an FC whilst scrolling through the thumbnails of a folder that had over 200 images.

Great work!

Same here - thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rubbery

Just a quick post to thank you for this. I'd accidentally broken the stock one when I found gallery 3d on the market and downloaded it which then broke the shortcuts and kept force closing, thanks to your app I'm up and running again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trungt
Hi All,

This is mostly a "Just the way I like it" type project but in case anyone else rolls the way I roll, here it is:

Changes:

1. 32bit surface and all texture allocations (no more banding)
  2. Increased number of thumbnails to make better use of the Vega's screen
  3. Thumbnails will frame rather than crop (its not quite right for me yet.. but it's closer, cropped thumbnails really bugged me)
  4. "tilting" of thumbnails due to accelerometer removed (No idea why it was ever added, bugged the hell out of me)
This is not the same as "Gallery3D higher res" as I don't know how the high-res part works yet. This is more about making Gallery3D a little nicer on the Vega.

Please be aware this is an alpha so only grab this if you're prepared to be without Gallery3D if something goes wrong.

Oh and I think I've signed it with test keys so you'll have to delete the stock Gallery3D, reboot and install the apk normally.

*Edit* First change, now the thumbnails are the same aspect ratio as the Vega screen in landscape. Transition from thumbnail to fullscreen should no longer shift or chop parts of the image (unless you're in portrait, but I'm willing to sacrifice that)

*Edit* all thumbnails are now stored as PNG's

*Edit* Increased number of cached thumbnails to prevents a crash when you scroll across a group with ~120 or more images

*Edit* Next is an optional change I'm testing. I've disabled writing of screennails. Given the speedy CPU in the Vega I'm guessing that loading and scaling an image is going to be quick enough.

Just want to ask can I install this on my Samsung Galaxy S ?