vodafone 945/zte joe

Guest truspixinho

Guest iammiller52

ahmet thank u for your answer but i don't see how does that post can help me....i've tried to do a fastboot but the phone won't go to fast boot mode and the pc doesn't recognize it so i can't flashboot it that way....if u know another way i'd apreciate i really need my phone :P

i gonna take another look at the post thanks

Guest daponte

If you start the phone pressing power+vol up for about 5-6 seconds, it doesn't stay on with an hourglass on the screen? Then you should be able to use fastboot to flash clockworkmod into recovery. You might need the ZTE usb drivers for the computer to recognize your phone.

Guest iammiller52
If you start the phone pressing power+vol up for about 5-6 seconds, it doesn't stay on with an hourglass on the screen? Then you should be able to use fastboot to flash clockworkmod into recovery. You might need the ZTE usb drivers for the computer to recognize your phone.

but that seems to be the problem i've download the drivers to my computer and instal them no problem...but i can't start the phone by pressing the power+vol up bottuns and if i start the phone without doing this the computer doesn't recognize the phone...in the cmd screen it stays saying wainting for device and it doesn't start the flashboot...what can i do??

Guest daponte

That is normal, flashboot only works if you start the phone pressing power+vol up. The phone isn't exactly starting up, it just hangs on a black screen with an image of a hourglass, and that is to be expected. So then, type "flashboot devices" on command, your device should appear there. Then just flash clockworkmod from the link in ahmet__01 post. I recommend to use 3.0.1.4, i can't get the buttons to work on the latest versions lol.

Guest iammiller52
That is normal, flashboot only works if you start the phone pressing power+vol up. The phone isn't exactly starting up, it just hangs on a black screen with an image of a hourglass, and that is to be expected. So then, type "flashboot devices" on command, your device should appear there. Then just flash clockworkmod from the link in ahmet__01 post. I recommend to use 3.0.1.4, i can't get the buttons to work on the latest versions lol.e phone doesn't do that?

but the phone doesnt go to fastboot mode...no hourglass it simply does nothing when pressing POWER+VOL UP

how can i boot something if the phone doesn't do that?

Guest daponte

Sorry to hear that :P Hope your phone isn't bricked, that sucks. I don't really know what you can do past this point. I hope someone with good technical knowledge can help you.

Thanks for the link, ahmet__01. :rolleyes:

Guest iammiller52
Sorry to hear that :P Hope your phone isn't bricked, that sucks. I don't really know what you can do past this point. I hope someone with good technical knowledge can help you.

Thanks for the link, ahmet__01. :rolleyes:

huummm...i'm sad :'( but thanks any way....

Guest aqopita
if i let it start normaly it goes to a white screen saying FTM and it doesn't do anything else....

do u have any idea of what could it be ??

thanks btw

how????

its only goes to the FTM screen by pressing volume down and power.

am asking by let it work normaly by power button only.

by the way.... if tryed to flash this new ROM (ZTE-C N700 CDMA Phone - Android 2.2 Chinese ROM ) .... then do like me and change the phone using the warrnty.... the phone is dead. :P

Guest erkasar
but the phone doesnt go to fastboot mode...no hourglass it simply does nothing when pressing POWER+VOL UP

how can i boot something if the phone doesn't do that?

Hello lammiller52, have you tried to flash a stock rom( in img form) by holding Home button+power+volume up buttons till you see the green text (you can release the buttons when you see the green text).You can find the rom in Vodafone Turkey page, you have to download the zip file and extract it, you will see another zlp file named image in it, extract that too and copy the image folder in it ,to your sd then do the flashing as described above.May be this can woek.Good luck.

Guest djhr
Direct LINK for the ZTE-C N700 CDMA Phone - Android 2.2 Chinese ROM

Olá,

O link já quebrado, podes arranjar-me essa rom para ver se consigo fazer alguma coisa?

esse zte-c n700 supostamente é o mesmo que o joe certo?

Abraço

Guest daponte
Olá,

O link já quebrado, podes arranjar-me essa rom para ver se consigo fazer alguma coisa?

esse zte-c n700 supostamente é o mesmo que o joe certo?

Abraço

Boas djhr. Parece mais ou menos o mesmo telemóvel, excepto o touchscreen, o N700 aparentemente não suporta multi-touch.

Experimenta este link: http://183.60.157.24/down_group97/M00/04/2...p;file=n700.zip

Boa sorte :D

Guest daponte
well, one step forwards, two steps back :D

I'll look into the touch screen issue, I did notice the kernel was smaller than the stock one.....

EDIT: Oh, with the ZTE Racer, I found that 748 was the fastest I could get it before it crashed, I believe the Joe has the same CPU...

Hi Sebastian,

I wonder if you did check that touchscreen issue with your custom kernel. I had some free time today, and compiled a custom kernel with your config from this post, still had to edit a file, camera.h, it was giving error from an #endif without an #if, removed it, and the kernel built successfully :D I packed it with a ramdisk from a nandroid backup and voilá.

Now there are 2 problems. The famous touchscreen issue, it is a bit weird, in some places it actually responds well, but in others you have to press hard. The other is the camera, it doesn't work, probably from messing with the file, but at least it's a start.

Now just a quick question, i built the kernel from the default config you provided, but now i added these lines:

CONFIG_MSM_CPU_FREQ_SET_MIN_MAX=y

CONFIG_MSM_CPU_FREQ_MAX=748000

CONFIG_MSM_CPU_FREQ_MIN=245000

Just wondering if this is the correct procedure to allow overclock with the custom kernel?

Thanks in advance :o

EDIT: Ok, the above config doesn't enable overclock, at least setcpu doesn't detect it. I'll look into it later.

Edited by daponte

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian,

I wonder if you did check that touchscreen issue with your custom kernel. I had some free time today, and compiled a custom kernel with your config from this post, still had to edit a file, camera.h, it was giving error from an #endif without an #if, removed it, and the kernel built successfully :D I packed it with a ramdisk from a nandroid backup and voilá.

I don't have my dev enviroment to hand, but here are my notes from when I was building the kernel for the 'fixes' I had to do:

cp arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_usb_config.h arch/arm/mach-msm/include/

EDIT: arch/arm/mach-msm/board-joe-keypad.c
line 19 remove /

EDIT: drivers/video/msm/lcdc_panel_wqvga727.c
line 21 remove[/code] The guys on the Racer forum have seemingly found this change to the Config will fix the camera:
[code]CONFIG_MT9T11X=y

You might want to give that a go

To enable overclocking have a look at KK's commit here:

https://github.com/kalltkaffe/blade-kernel/...601ccc366da1dcc

Guest daponte

Cool! I'll try to build a new kernel with the info you provided when I have some free time.

Thanks for all the info :D

EDIT:

I've tryed to compile a new kernel at lunch, but I don't quite understand these changes:

EDIT: arch/arm/mach-msm/board-joe-keypad.c

line 19 remove /

EDIT: drivers/video/msm/lcdc_panel_wqvga727.c

line 21 remove

In the lcd driver, should I remove that line completely? It is definining a function. I put in "comments" that line and the corresponding function but there are a few errors in compiling. Didn't try the camera, but that line in .config is already defined. I only did a quick compiling, I'll look into it later.

Edited by daponte

Guest Sebastian404
Cool! I'll try to build a new kernel with the info you provided when I have some free time.

Thanks for all the info :D

EDIT:

I've tryed to compile a new kernel at lunch, but I don't quite understand these changes:

In the lcd driver, should I remove that line completely? It is definining a function. I put in "comments" that line and the corresponding function but there are a few errors in compiling. Didn't try the camera, but that line in .config is already defined. I only did a quick compiling, I'll look into it later.

To be honest, I cant check but thats what I had in my notes, if you cant see anything worrying in the source at those lines maybe ZTE have updated it.....

sorry I've just got off a flight and am feeling some what lost....

Guest daponte

Well, in board-joe-keypad,c, I'm using your file from the patch in the topic I mentioned on my previous post. Now in lcdc_panel_wqvga727.c, in line 21, better yet, from line 19 to 24:

static int spi_cs;

static int spi_sclk;

static int spi_sdi;

static int spi_sdo;

static int himax_reset;

I don't see nothing wrong Maybe they changed something like you said. Anyway, I'm going to try to compile again from the start, and check out the warnings one by one. Maybe I'll find something :D

EDIT: Ok, I found this in config:

CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SYNAPTICS_I2C_RMI=y

So, could i2c be the touchscreen driver for our phone? When I built the kernel again, I saved the output, and there's a lot of warnings from this file: drivers/i2c/i2c-core.c.

To avoid spam, output

Edited by daponte

Guest daponte
any news about android 2.2?

Nop, not yet. I'm not even sure if someone's still working on it. I don't see a great future for our phone unfortunately.

Guest M.AkiF
Nop, not yet. I'm not even sure if someone's still working on it. I don't see a great future for our phone unfortunately.

+1