MoDaCo Custom r7 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Super user wont work for me while changing to USB Host.

Nevermind found the command to fix this a few pages back and seems to be working ;)

Edited by remlap

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks very much Paul this seems very fluid you've done excellent work.

Things to add in next version if possible?:

Flash apk

Overwrite the USB Switch Application if its already installed so as to get the newest kernel

Super User Root Access Fully Working

Thanks again I really found it an easy install.

Edited by remlap

I forgot to mention last night that pre8 does NOT include flash - install it from the market!

Looking into the SU issue, USB Switch app should be overwritten if it's already installed in an older version.

I think this is ready for kitchen and general release today! ;)

P

I forgot to mention last night that pre8 does NOT include flash - install it from the market!

Looking into the SU issue, USB Switch app should be overwritten if it's already installed in an older version.

I think this is ready for kitchen and general release today! ;)

P

Hreat news! Can't wait to get home and get this baby flashed ;)

Awesome work Paul. Thanks to you!, (And the Mrs for understanding!! :D

Guest Thresherinc

Nice one Paul.

Dammit, if only I'd stayed around a bit longer, could have done this last night.

;)

Anyway, it all pushed okay, there was a couldn't rm lost+found because it was not empty message right at the start, didn't spot anything else.

Power control widget needed replacing, not found anything else that isn't 100%.

Guest Thresherinc
Building the r7 kitchen now.

Power control widget OK here? Just fixed the 'Orange bar in Calendar'.

P

Paul, is the power saving cpu doodad in this release?

Can't see anything specific in settings.

Guest TylerDurdenK
If it's not too late, would it make sense to make the change to wpa_supplicant to allow ad-hoc wireless networks or could this introduce other problems ?

+1 for this.

Damn thats good to hear, does it also fix the super slow wifi reconnect on wakeup? Cos thats annoying as hell :/ Actually, while i think about it, id like to know if this fixes a few thing. Apolgies if thse have already been answered.

1) Full width notification bar?

2) correctly oriented and sensitive accelerometer?

3) wifi slow to connect one wakeup issue

Just my personal wish list ;)

Anyone got any notes on points 1 and 2? Also, why not replace wpa_supplicant with the one that makes ad-hoc wifi networks work in this build by default as someone already mentioned above?

Installed over my existing install.

Everything works, no great annoyances so far except the touchscreen is still a little jumpy (lots of double presses particularly on back button...)

thanks!

adama.

Guest Thresherinc
Installed over my existing install.

Everything works, no great annoyances so far except the touchscreen is still a little jumpy (lots of double presses particularly on back button...)

thanks!

adama.

Run the screen calibration app after install.

Guest stevesilk51

Hi Paul,

Successful non CWM flash of Pre8. Quadrant Scores: Before 2175 After 2349

Should warrant a MODACO startup splash screen - any offers?

Now, bring on honeycomb, saw latest presentation, looks awesome!

Regards

Steve

Damn thats good to hear, does it also fix the super slow wifi reconnect on wakeup? Cos thats annoying as hell :/ Actually, while i think about it, id like to know if this fixes a few thing. Apolgies if thse have already been answered.

1) Full width notification bar?

2) correctly oriented and sensitive accelerometer?

3) wifi slow to connect one wakeup issue

Just my personal wish list ;)

1) Not managed to achieve this yet!

2) You tell me! :-D

3) Should be fixed.

re: wpa_supplicant patch, no reason not to include this...?

P

Guest TylerDurdenK
re: wpa_supplicant patch, no reason not to include this...?

P

Never given me any problems, only positive being able to connect to Ad Hoc wifi hotspots like the one from my HTC Hero.

Guest TylerDurdenK

Have you looked into the GPS issues that 1.0.8 causes?

Basically the update from 1.06.5 to 1.08 does something to the location settings (it adds a greyed out GPS option) and this stops it using an external GPS source like the Wayfinder.

More details here - http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...on-on-the-vega/

The long and short of it is, that the method on that thread works on 1.06.5 and not on 1.08.

Have you looked into the GPS issues that 1.0.8 causes?

Basically the update from 1.06.5 to 1.08 does something to the location settings (it adds a greyed out GPS option) and this stops it using an external GPS source like the Wayfinder.

More details here - http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...on-on-the-vega/

The long and short of it is, that the method on that thread works on 1.06.5 and not on 1.08.

Nope, not looked into it. I can check it out tho for the next release. There's a ton of stuff in 1.08 for radio modules (and GPS) that probably breaks BT GPS.

P

Guest Tony Williams
Never given me any problems, only positive being able to connect to Ad Hoc wifi hotspots like the one from my HTC Hero.

No problems here either, been using it for some time with my Iphone without issues.