MoDaCo Custom r7 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest labaude
Flash Player claimed to be the wrong version when trying to watch YouTube.

Uninstalled and Re-installed.

Result = No change

;)

I had the same issue, but i have downloaded the version from modaco website and market

Both solution are working.

Where can I change the configuration of flash. Every time there is a video i have to enable the player clicking on the green arrow in the grey square in the middle of the screen.

In R6, the video were launched automatically

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sir Gash
I had the same issue, but i have downloaded the version from modaco website and market

Both solution are working.

Where can I change the configuration of flash. Every time there is a video i have to enable the player clicking on the green arrow in the grey square in the middle of the screen.

In R6, the video were launched automatically

In the Browser, just press Menu > More > Settings > Enable plug-ins and select 'Always On'

Guest Thresherinc
I have been using the latest version from the Market, just uninstall any version you have and then install the one from the Android Market, this worked for me.

Hmm, I did that, no joy.

I'll have a fiddle around.

Guest wipeout140

On the subject of adobe flash, i removed adobe flash which came with r7r5 as BBC iPlayer didn't play and asked me to download (like other members) and installed the version from previous builds such as r6 and it worked on BBC News, will try BBC iPlayer later

Edited by wipeout140

Guest mrhankey4932

installed via the windows method all ok.

had to reinstall flash as it was not working and i didn't have the shuttle_priv folder on my device

i also notice a lot of little black lines on the screen particaally using live wallpaper

other than that all is good

thank you paul (if you were a girl i would kiss you ) lol

Guest rferrett

Installed fine for me windows on script. But now getting the distortion and white lines (didn't before on r6+pp on a 1.06 install).

and annoyingly didnt fix my no sound issue so I am pretty certain it is deffo a hardware fault.

Arrgghh...

Ralph

Guest zzleezz
The graphics tearing is super annoying... it's a symptom of using the latest NVidia libraries, which is also what gives us the SPEED! ;)

P

Personally I find the tearing superficial and only slightly distracting. If its a choice between slick vega with some minor graphical glitches (my experience on my machine) or not so slick, laggy on startup, slightly unstable but graphically glitch free then Ill go with the first option.

I assume that it being an Nvidia library problem that we will need to wait on them to update?

Guest Sir Gash
The graphics tearing is super annoying... it's a symptom of using the latest NVidia libraries, which is also what gives us the SPEED! ;)

P

Nooooo! Dilemma! I take it nothing can be done then ;)

I also find some different rendering issues, this time in Google Earth. When it starts and zooms, the bottom third of the screen is just a bunch of random triangles. Typical nVidia, I had similar issues with my very first nVidia GeForce card and Detonator drivers on my PC!

post-797044-1296770258_thumb.png

Guest Sir Gash
Rest assured i'll be working late into the night tonight to find out exactly that.

;)

P

Top man! Don't over do it, you've been too good to us already ;)

Guest fudgeboy

Hi Paul,

Will you be able to cure the orange bar at the top of the monthly view in the calendar app for r7?

That would be lovely, and would stop me missing my all day appointments...

Good work, Sir.

James

Any news if this fixes the stupid unresponsiveness when coming out of standby that is now happening to me every time.

Edited by remlap

Guest zzleezz
Any news if this fixes the stupid unresponsiveness when coming out of standby that is now happening to me every time.

Which version of this pre release are you currently using? Think that the performance pack was incorporated at about pre4 or 5 (too lazy to read back and check ;)) Before that happened I had really bad lag when coming out of standby, was my biggest problem with the vega. Now with the new pre release r7 (think I am using pre5 but thats just because nothing changed for me in more recent releases and also cos im lazy) my vega runs like a stabbed rat. No slowdown, running multitudes of widgets and live wallpaper, its just great.

One caveat is that the tearing seems to be worse with the performance pack.

Which version of this pre release are you currently using? Think that the performance pack was incorporated at about pre4 or 5 (too lazy to read back and check ;)) Before that happened I had really bad lag when coming out of standby, was my biggest problem with the vega. Now with the new pre release r7 (think I am using pre5 but thats just because nothing changed for me in more recent releases and also cos im lazy) my vega runs like a stabbed rat. No slowdown, running multitudes of widgets and live wallpaper, its just great.

One caveat is that the tearing seems to be worse with the performance pack.

Damn thats good to hear, does it also fix the super slow wifi reconnect on wakeup? Cos thats annoying as hell :/ Actually, while i think about it, id like to know if this fixes a few thing. Apolgies if thse have already been answered.

1) Full width notification bar?

2) correctly oriented and sensitive accelerometer?

3) wifi slow to connect one wakeup issue

Just my personal wish list ;)

Edited by newbe5

Guest zzleezz
Damn thats good to hear, does it also fix the super slow wifi reconnect on wakeup? Cos thats annoying as hell :/

I also suffered with slow wifi connections from resume. Now its connected almost as fast as I can run the browser or refresh tweetdeck. Dont think that anything has been fixed for the wifi specifically but the fact the machine is running without lag means things just are ready faster. Thats how it feels.

So pleased with it now, hard to see how it can be improved but looking forward to finding that out!

Guest Thresherinc
Not sure the missus would agree, but i'd call that an (long evening) well spent.

Tearing fixed... pre8 up tomorrow morning! ;)

P

Awesome, well done!

I look forward to tomorrow then.

;)

Guest James Muscat
Not sure the missus would agree, but i'd call that an (long evening) well spent.

Tearing fixed... pre8 up tomorrow morning! ;)

I know I've already said it once in this thread, but - you are a legend!

Looking forward to tomorrow then... ;)

Alrighty... pre8 is up!

Fixes: Texture tearing, minor overall performance tweak, Superuser functionality.

I've set my normal setup on here (which includes settings animations to fast in Spare Parts) and this thing FLIES! ;)

Running the light grid live wallpaper at super smoothness with no hint of the dreaded 'lines'. ;)

P

Alrighty... pre8 is up!

Fixes: Texture tearing, minor overall performance tweak, Superuser functionality.

I've set my normal setup on here (which includes settings animations to fast in Spare Parts) and this thing FLIES! ;)

Running the light grid live wallpaper at super smoothness with no hint of the dreaded 'lines'. ;)

P

Thanks paul mate, flashing it now. Cant wait to test it out and can't wait for the main release.

Cheers

Guest carl rose

Thanks for this paul, I will be trying it in a bit. If I wanted the thick bar what would I have to do to change it from thin to thick? Also, having the 1.08 MCR update and the usb switch R3 will it be ok?

Thanks in advance

Edited by carl rose